Beginner Rotation - starting Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello Cyndi, glad you had a good workout today. Good luck with Stretch Max tomorrow, I think I am going to take the well deserved day off. :) LOL Remember I worked out allllllllll weekend with Yard Max.....LOL....Regarding my little exercise area/corner, I might be to embarssed to post pic's because I have seen others exercise ROOMS. You have to understand I have a exercise corner (little area) not a room..........lol...cracking myself up....lol

Okay, I tried to wait until I got home from work so that I could post my water intake. But I could not wait, because my package from Cathe.com was delivered to my job today. The package includes STRETCH MAX AND KICK MAX...........YES.....Oh and I asked a few people at work if they had a TV laying around in their garage that they would like to donate, and someone said yes. I work in Mental Health so the employee's including myself are always donating our used items for the patients. My co-worker is bringing the TV tomorrow and it is going in my garage. I AM SO EXCITED.

Hi again! Again, I am randomly lurking in your thread, thanks for invite. : D

I just keep relating to everything you share~~

The joy of new dvds- that darn Cathe just tempts me regularly with her specials/discounts that come in the newsletter...

Rewarding yourself with new equipment- I waaant a medicine ball. Oh and I got a JR Barbell set from Sears when I got restarted (I gave most of my stuff away while I was in between homes). It was only like 30 dollars or so w/ 25 pds of wt. It takes up less room, not as long as reg bar. So far, I haven't been limited by having a JR sized bar. The distance where you hold it is exactly the same. I've purchased 2 more 5's for versatility.

townhouse w/o area.... I moved in my home Jan. My work out area is right when you walk in my front door and takes up half of the room, but I don't care. I used to have a covered patio outside to use and I like the space. I can have a well decorated home in my next life. : ) Ms dee, you will get used to whatever temp it is when you work out. Have fun setting up!

fortunately I don't have to do Yard Max anymore!! ::Happy dance::

Happy workouts!

Good morning all !!!

Faithnveggies - good to have you back !!! I've been doing your wall pushups every day and it's helping.... so thanks for that.

Although I don't really have to do Yard Max anymore... lol.... even living in a townhouse, I do have a garden in the front and a garden in the back that I take care of. The HOA does the lawn and all the common areas, but I'm responsible for my little personal gardens. But that's okay, it's just enough yard work to get me outside, but not so much that I'm like Deanna and doing Yard Max !!!! I used to do that... I remember it well and don't miss it.

Cyndi - Great job on your workouts !!! I think I'll join you and do one of the Stretch Max segments today. After yesterday, I need to stretch. It will be a nice gentle workout.

Deanna - Wow !!! 2 new DVDs in one day.... did you watch them? try them? Since Cyndi and I both love Stretch Max, I hope you will too !!! And congratulations on your new TV for your new garage workout area. Fantastic !!!!!!

Luckily, I have hardwood floors in my living room and I put those felt pads on the legs of all the furniture so I can slide it around the room. So before I exercise, I slide my TV chair and ottoman and the sofa over to one side of the room so I have enough space to do my workouts. So far... it's working out okay !!!

Yesterday's report to follow in the next post....

Report for Monday, August 29, 2011 :) I did good !!!!! I am so psyched !!!

And I could NOT have done it without my support group. Thanks guys !!!

Goals and Actuals:

Calories < 1600 .................. Actual: 1596 !!!!! Yea !!!
Total fat < 48 grams .............Actual: 45.3 grams !!!!!
Saturated fat < 12.5 grams ....Actual: 8.3 grams !!!!!

60 oz of water - done !!

Cathe workout - done !!!!

Yea !!! For the very FIRST time.. I did everything I set out to do !!!

Now to see if I can do it for more than one day.... lol. That's the real challenge. One day at a time.

Thanks ladies !!!

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread where someone was asking about equipment.

I found this website when looking for a stability ball because my gym uses a lot of their products so I figured they had to be good and they are and they ship super fast. I usually get my order 2 days after placing the order. Of course, they are in Knoxville TN and I'm in central NC so it's not too far away.

Faithnveggies.... I'll go take a look at the JR barbell set at Sears.... thanks for the tip..

Anyway... here's what I posted in the other thread, just in case you are looking for any good equipment.

---------------------

Here's what I bought just in case you are interested:

http://www.power-systems.com/p-2431-rubber-octagonal-dumbbells.aspx

http://www.power-systems.com/p-4183-airex-coronella-mats.aspx

http://www.power-systems.com/p-4091-versaball-pro-stability-ball.aspx

http://www.power-systems.com/p-2861-rep-band-flat-bands.aspx

I bought the expensive mat because it's 5/8" thick and gives me a nice cushy protective mat for all the floorwork. Thin yoga mats just don't work for me......

Anyway.... I am really pleased with everything I bought from them. No affiliation... just a real happy customer
If you get on their email list, they occasionally have free shipping offers which is what I did.. I saved a ton on shipping costs.....

Unfortunately, they don't sell the Troy Lite Barbell set or anything close to it, so based on recommendations here in the Cathe forums... when I do decide to buy it, I'll get it here..

http://www.fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

It's the one under "Individual Set" - the 40 lb Aerobic Lite Set for $93.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am enjoying my well deserved day off from exercising today just drinking plenty of WATER. :)

Susan, congrats on meeting your daily goal. :) You are doing wonderful keep up the good work.

As a matter of fact everyone is doing great, I look forward to seeing who posted what daily it is encouraging.

I am lazy when it comes to counting calories and stuff like that, so I am looking for a FREE Meal Planner. A Program that will tell me what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. Beachbody has one, it will tell you what type of diet, how many calories per day, you can then print a grocery list with everything you need for that week. However, you know nothing is free with Beachbody and I refuse to pay $$$ for that. If anyone know of a program that compares please let me know. Like I said I am lazy when it comes to counting calories.

Regarding equipment, I normally get everything from Walmart, Kmart or Big5. I got my barbell set that looks just like the one listed by susan at either Walmart.com or Kmart.com, and it includes 50lbs. I do not remember the price sorry. :(

Well workout buddies, enjoy your day today and I look forward to the next post and remember tomorrow is Basic Step and Upper Body. DON'T FORGET YOUR WATER TODAY.

Deanna

I posted this in another thread where someone was asking about equipment.

I found this website when looking for a stability ball because my gym uses a lot of their products so I figured they had to be good and they are and they ship super fast. I usually get my order 2 days after placing the order. Of course, they are in Knoxville TN and I'm in central NC so it's not too far away.

Faithnveggies.... I'll go take a look at the JR barbell set at Sears.... thanks for the tip..

Anyway... here's what I posted in the other thread, just in case you are looking for any good equipment.

---------------------

Here's what I bought just in case you are interested:

Rubber Octagonal Dumbbell Ergonomic Zinc Plated Handle | Power Systems

Airex Corona Mats | Power Systems

VersaBall PRO | Power Systems

Latex Free Flat Bands - REP Band | Power Systems

I bought the expensive mat because it's 5/8" thick and gives me a nice cushy protective mat for all the floorwork. Thin yoga mats just don't work for me......

Anyway.... I am really pleased with everything I bought from them. No affiliation... just a real happy customer
If you get on their email list, they occasionally have free shipping offers which is what I did.. I saved a ton on shipping costs.....

Unfortunately, they don't sell the Troy Lite Barbell set or anything close to it, so based on recommendations here in the Cathe forums... when I do decide to buy it, I'll get it here..

http://www.fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

It's the one under "Individual Set" - the 40 lb Aerobic Lite Set for $93.

Hi Deanna - I'm struggling with the water today, but I'll do it. I KNOW that drinking all that water is what kept me within my calorie quota yesterday. Each time I was tempted to grab a quick "snack" a.k.a. food I shouldn't be eating and when I wasn't truly hungry...... I grabbed my water bottle instead and that filled me up with NO calories.

Hooray for no calorie water and thank you, Deanna, for making us think about the need for lots of water. However, I don't think I'll ever get where you are... drinking 100 oz of water daily... yikes... I'd float away.... lol

I've seen lots of those diet plans in my travels around the Internet, but I've never seen one that is free unfortunately. The Biggest Loser website has one... I think.... Weight Watchers online has one.... but they both cost money which I'm not willing to pay.

I don't LIKE counting calories, but it's the only method that works for me. And.. my doctor wants me to lower my cholesterol level.... which is why I'm keeping track of total fat and saturated fat.

Everything I've read says to keep total fat to 25 - 30% (or less) of total calories and saturated fat to 7% or less of calories. A fat gram is 9 calories.... So I took my allotted 1600 calories, multiplied by 27% and then divided that by 9 to get how many total fat grams I'm allowed in a day. Then did the same for saturated fat grams..... 1600 times 7%, divided by 9.

If I see any freebie diet plans, I'll let you know !!!!

I haven't done my Stretch Max workout yet... but I will...

Have a great afternoon :D

Hello everyone,

This is second time trying to post today:mad: Hope it goes through. My internet is acting up.

Susan , wow you are set for just about any Cathe w/o now;) Great job on your diet. Enjoy stretch max . I just finished and feel so good. Just love that Cathe.

Deanna, Yes you deserve a rest day for sure. Oh I just love getting Cathe dvds in the mail. Just like Christmas:eek:(Does that make us crazy).

Faithnveggies so glad you are joining us.

Water intake today so far 56oz. Will be working some in yard this evening, and will drink extra today.

Everyone have a great day and Keep up the good work!!!:D:D:D

Cyndi - I'm sorry to hear that you are still having Internet problems. That is sooooo frustrating. I have become so dependent on my computer for connecting with the world, that it is beyond annoying when my Internet service starts acting up..

Water is a problem today. I've consumed 50 oz... but that's it... I can't drink another drop :p
But I do well on the food part.... just under 1600 calories (my list is in the kitchen so I'm not sure what the exact number is). Now if I can just resist the urge to eat a snack tonight, I'll be okay.

I am seriously considering...... uh oh.... watch out...... :rolleyes:

but... I am... seriously considering doing Total Body Sculpting tomorrow with Basic Step instead of the Upper Body Workout that we are supposed to do.

Have I mentioned that I hate working with the tubing???? lol

I'm either going to do the Upper Body workout that we have scheduled, but do it with dumbbells... or... I'm going to try Total Body Sculpting... which I've watched a couple of times and looks really really good....

Whichever I decide to do.... I will, of course, let you know how it goes !!

Have a nice evening everyone !!! See you in the morning....

Last edited:
Morning Ladies :)

Getting off to a slow start this morning however, I got my workout in. I was able to complete the entire upper body segment with that darn tubbing. :)

I am slow on my water this morning but I am termined to get my 100oz in.

Tomorrow is Stretch Max, however I am going to do Basic Step along with Stretch Max.

Okay, off to work I go. Have a wonderful workout and don't forget your WATER. :)

Deanna

Good morning Deanna and Cyndi and FnV :D

Report for Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Goals and Actuals:

Calories < 1600 .................. Actual: 1563 Yea !!!!
Total fat < 48 grams .............Actual: 35.2
Saturated fat < 12.5 grams ....Actual: 6.7

Water - 50 oz..... could NOT drink any more.... Deanna - I don't know how you do it. I couldn't drink 100 oz of water daily... I'd be in the ladies room every 5 minutes.... yikes !!!

Workout: I didn't do Stretch Max... I decided to head to the gym and do a gentle treadmill walk.... did 2 miles...
-------------------------

Deanna - I continue to be sooooo impressed that you do your workout before you go to work. That takes dedication !!!! You are doing fantastic!

We all are. Yea team !!! We CAN do this ............

I kept my fat intake low yesterday by making a vegetarian chili and having it over some hot brown rice.

I sauteed chopped garlic, chopped onion, chopped green pepper in a little olive oil. Once those were slightly soft, I put in 2 cans (drained) of low sodium red kidney beans, 1 can of "no salt added" diced tomatoes and sprinkled some chili powder on it. I let it simmer for about half an hour, then put 1 1/2 cups of the vegetarian chili over 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice (that I cooked in the microwave while the chili was simmering.)

It worked out to 200 calories per cup of the finished chili. I used about 3 cloves of garlic, 2 cups of chopped green pepper and 3/4 cup of chopped sweet onions.

It made a filling, nutritious, low fat meal !!!

Today, I shall eat meat... lol I never eat a slab of meat.. like a steak... but I do love casseroles, so I'll make some kind of casserole with a little bit of ground beef in it......

I often make a casserole that calls for ground beef, but instead of putting the amount of beef that the recipe calls for, I'll put just a large meatball amount in... mashed up into little pieces.....gives it flavor, but cuts down on the fat content...

Have a wonderful day !!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... almost forgot....

Deanna.... at eatingwell.com they have some 28 day meal plans (free) ... the only thing missing is the shopping list..

For the weight loss 28-day meal plans, they have 1200 calories per day, 1500 calories per day and 1800 calories per day plans to choose from.

Weight Loss Diet Meal Plan | Eating Well

I've never tried any of their recipes, but I have a friend who subscribes to the magazine and she likes them.....

There's lots of other good information on their site. I'm glad I re-found it !!

Last edited:
quick midday report :D

I got ambitious... lol

Did:

Basic Step

Upper Body (the one we are supposed to do.. but used a resistance band instead of the tubing... that worked a little better for me... except for the bicep curls where the tubing with the handles would have been better)

Stretch Max - the segment with the resistance bands. That's going to take some getting used to, but I think I'm going to like it. First time through I was always behind in getting the resistance band in place. Next time will be easier.

I'm going to be sore tomorrow :p

50 oz of water down the hatch !!!!

Go Susan, I am soooooooooooooo proud of you. :) Did you workout twice today or you just added Stretch Max on to your Rotation today? I am going to do Basic Step tomorrow morning and Stretch Max before work.

Okay, why is my Supervisor asking me everyday if I am using all the Ice in my 100oz container? There are several people walking around this place with the same type of containers! That is why I went and purchased one, plus it is over 100 degree's outside, and what difference does it make who is using up the darn Ice. The Fridge has a automatic Ice Maker plus there are Ice Trays in there.....................People!!!!!!!!!!!

quick midday report :D

I got ambitious... lol

Did:

Basic Step

Upper Body (the one we are supposed to do.. but used a resistance band instead of the tubing... that worked a little better for me... except for the bicep curls where the tubing with the handles would have been better)

Stretch Max - the segment with the resistance bands. That's going to take some getting used to, but I think I'm going to like it. First time through I was always behind in getting the resistance band in place. Next time will be easier.

I'm going to be sore tomorrow :p

50 oz of water down the hatch !!!!

Thank you Deanna !! It felt good and I am serious when I say that I wouldn't be doing half as well without your support and that of Cyndi and Faithnveggies...... Thank you !!!

Oh dear..... Ice Police????? Yikes...... good luck with that......:(

I did all 3 at the same time. After the Upper Body workout I felt like I needed a good stretch... soooo... since I was right there and all warmed up I just did the Stretch Max. I like to stretch and could do stretching after each upper and lower body workout. It really makes a difference for me ..

But I think I'll be sore tomorrow.....

see ya in the morning.... Have a good evening all !!!

Morning Ladies, one more day to Frday :)

Well today is a sluggish day for me. I did Basic Step Warm up (Only) and the first part of Stretch Max (no equipment).

I am having trouble sleeping through the night. I have a 18 year old son in the house who graduated High School this year. He is my only child and I have raised him alone. He has a job and a car and no respect for me! He feels like he can do what he wants when he wants, come and go as he please and disregard what I say NO RESPECT. I feel like I am at a cross road with him so I toss and turn everynight. :( I know this does not have anything to do with our Rotation but I just had to get it off my chest.

I hope everyone have a good workout today, and I look forward to your post.

Deanna :(

WATER...............WATER................WATER...............WATER...........WATER

Good morning !!!

Deanna - You did great this morning !!! We only have one stretch segment on the calendar.... so you did more than we were supposed to do !!! Be proud of that... very proud :D

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your son. The transition from child to adult is a tough one. Letting go some and allowing them independence once they are out of school and working, yet setting boundaries because they still live in your home is a tightrope walk. Hopefully, you two will be able to work out a nice compromise !!! Good luck.... it ain't easy....

I'm heading to the gym to do a couple of gentle miles on the treadmill... just to burn some extra calories.... not a "true" cardio workout... just walking.... then I'll come home and do one segment of Stretch Max. I think I'll try the one with the stability ball today.....

Deanna - are you liking the Stretch Max DVD?????

I don't have our schedule right here, but don't we have Upper and Lower Body tomorrow... or is that Saturday??? lol.... Anyway.. that's the one I'm dreading....... whichever day it is. Those squats and lunges kill me :p

okay... report for Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Calories: 1595 Yea !!!!! (3 whole days in a row !!!)
Total Fat: 47.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 13.9

Water consumed: 60 oz !!!!

And.. as I said last evening... I did Basic Step, Upper Body and one Stretch Max segment...

We CAN do this..... We ARE doing this !!!!!!!!!!!! Go team !!!!!!

Deanna - good luck with the Ice Police today :mad:

Cyndi - I hope your Internet problems get resolved.... we need you here...

I appreicate our group and the words of encouragement that we share with one another. If it wasn't for our group I do not think I would have lasted this long, after the 1st day of being sore.

Susan regarding your question - Deanna - are you liking the Stretch Max DVD????? Yes, remember I had downloaded Stretch Max without the equipment before the actual DVD was delivered.

As for the Ice Police....lol.....I am going to continue to do what I do.....We are going to have haters (Jealous people) because we are doing something for ourselves. That is another story.

Water intake yesterday, a little less than my normal 100oz, but I am off to a good start this morning. I already got 34oz down, added some Aloe Vera and lemon juice to my 1st bottle. :)

Friday our Rotation is Basic Step + Abs. Saturday is Uppper and Lower Body. Last weekend I was doing Lawn Max. Do you guys do the Warm Up on Basic Step 1st and then incorporate Upper & Lower Body with tubing?

Okay off to work....Again, everyone have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat workout and don't forget that WATER.

Deanna

Good morning !!!

Deanna - You did great this morning !!! We only have one stretch segment on the calendar.... so you did more than we were supposed to do !!! Be proud of that... very proud :D

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your son. The transition from child to adult is a tough one. Letting go some and allowing them independence once they are out of school and working, yet setting boundaries because they still live in your home is a tightrope walk. Hopefully, you two will be able to work out a nice compromise !!! Good luck.... it ain't easy....

I'm heading to the gym to do a couple of gentle miles on the treadmill... just to burn some extra calories.... not a "true" cardio workout... just walking.... then I'll come home and do one segment of Stretch Max. I think I'll try the one with the stability ball today.....

Deanna - are you liking the Stretch Max DVD?????

I don't have our schedule right here, but don't we have Upper and Lower Body tomorrow... or is that Saturday??? lol.... Anyway.. that's the one I'm dreading....... whichever day it is. Those squats and lunges kill me :p

okay... report for Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Calories: 1595 Yea !!!!! (3 whole days in a row !!!)
Total Fat: 47.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 13.9

Water consumed: 60 oz !!!!

And.. as I said last evening... I did Basic Step, Upper Body and one Stretch Max segment...

We CAN do this..... We ARE doing this !!!!!!!!!!!! Go team !!!!!!

Deanna - good luck with the Ice Police today :mad:

Cyndi - I hope your Internet problems get resolved.... we need you here...

quick note.. then I'm off to the gym... been doing some laundry first... lol

last week, before upper and lower body, I just did my own warmup.... marching in place, swinging my arms around, stepping side to side, grapevines.... just moving all body parts for about 10 minutes... then did upper/lower..

(Edited to add: Cathe does a warmup before either the upper body or lower body or both ??? I think. But it's much too energetic for me..... so I did my 10 minute personal warmup before I started with what Cathe and crew were doing.)

that's a great idea though to do the Basic Step warmup.... I'll do that this Saturday...

off to the treadmill.....

Edited to add: To quiet the Ice Police... lol.. how about you buy a couple/3 more ice trays to put in the freezer? Surely that would be enough for everyone to have ice when they want it.... you said there is an ice maker and a few trays already.... a couple more trays should do the trick !!!

I bought some extras at Walmart last year... real cheap... when a friend of mine was coming to stay. She uses ice cubes like I used to eat potato chips :) She drinks iced tea ALL day long......

Last edited:
midday report :D

I did 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym... took me 60 minutes... a nice moderate walk..... 3 MPH. It felt good. I get in the zone on the treadmill... very relaxing.

Then I came home and did the Stretch Max workout that uses the stability ball. Wow !! That was difficult, but good. I felt really stretched when I was finished, but it was more of a "workout" than the other 2 stretch routines on that DVD...

I'm glad we are doing Step and Abs tomorrow. I don't think I could handle upper or lower body... lol

Good afternoon ladies,

Just a quick note , did bs and ub 8/31 and stretch max today.

Deanna, ((hugs)) to you ,can't imagine how hard it is to raise a child on your own.

Susan the Ice police:eek:lol. Boy Deanna if that is all they can complain about they have too much time on their hands. Maybe they need to do a Cathe dvd.

Everyone is doing great on our w/o.

I am going to be out for the holiday weekend:cool:
Will do my w/o for am then Travel fit for the rest of weekend.
Have a great weekend, everyone.
Cyndi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.