Beginner Rotation - starting Monday, August 15, 2011

:DSusan and Deanna great job on your workouts. Did BS and upperbody today and I'm sure my legs and arms will be talking to me tomorrow. Deanna prayer always helps. Thanks. I also have Stretch Max and love it. Looking forward to that workout. Did ok with my diet today, seems like I can control my choices better if I workout. Have a great evening.:D
Cyndi

Congrats on your workout today ladies. :)

Just finished mine, all I can say is that I am not a fan of the Tubing! Tomorrow is stretching, THANK GOD. My arms are burning!

How did everyone do on their water intake today? I got my 100oz in. How would you feel about posting our daily water intake along with our workouts? As for my diet, there was a Birthday Potluck at work and I had a little of everything. :( I am going to try and do better tomorrow.

Well I hope you guys have a good night and I look forward to your post tomorrow.

:) Morning Laides :)

I downloaded the 1st exercise on Stretch Max and completed it this morning. It was very refreshing. I am still going to purchase the DVD. Call me crazy, that is just the way I am.

I have already started with my water, will try to get 32+ ounces in within the next 2 hours. I have decided to start my workout in the AM, so that I can get it out of the way.

I hope your Stretch workout is as refreshing as mine was.

Fri: Basic Step plus Abdominal routine add on.

NOT FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER. I am in Las Vegas where the temp is over 110, so I must keep hydrated.

I look forward to your post and have a wonderful workout. :)

Good morning Deanna and Cyndi :)

Sounds like we are all doing well. Deanna - I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the tubing. But I shall keep going. I'll be happy when we get to Total Body Sculpting and we switch to dumbbells.

Cyndi - I own Stretch Max - just bought it a couple of weeks ago - but I haven't tried any of the workouts yet. Do you have a favorite of the 3? I'll be doing one of them for today's workout.

I'm thinking about going to the gym this morning and doing 2 or 3 moderately paced miles on the treadmill just to burn some extra calories and then do the stretching routine later in the day. I've always done stretching routines... for about 40 years... so this is like a day of rest for me... lol

Deanna - I think that's a great idea to post our water consumption each day. I really really really need to focus on drinking more water and maybe that will get me motivated. Although I'm not in the dry hot weather of Las Vegas...... I'm in hot and humid central NC..... I still need to drink more water.

My real focus today will be on eating right !!!!

Have a great day. I'm keeping one eye on Hurricane Irene. Right now it looks like it will hit the Outer Banks of NC but here in central NC they are saying we might not even get a drop of rain. While I hate to have a major hurricane hit anywhere in NC... or anywhere else for that matter.. we sure could use some rain....

I'll check in later after I do my workout.

Deanna - you sound like you are fired up !!! Congratulations !!! Up early.. did your workout before going to work. And drinking your water already... Wow !!! Great job !!!!!!!!

We CAN do this........:D

Good Morning Ladies.:D

Sounds like you both are doing great with your workouts.

Deanna I will also post my water intake today so far 40 oz. I did Stretch Max workout #3 today.

Susan my favorite is #3 workout. The band just helps me to get that extra stretch and my muscles feel so good afterwards.

My arms are sore today. :p

We can do this together.

Have a great day and evening, I am going to be busy with freezing corn.
Cyndi

Good morning Deanna and Cyndi !!!

I loved loved loved doing Stretch Max yesterday. I did the 1st workout .. the one with just a mat and it was like a mini-yoga class. Great stuff. Next time, Cyndi, I think I'll try the one you said you like... the one with the resistance bands.

I managed 40 oz of water yesterday, but it was a struggle. I admit to drinking a lot of coffee and adding a ton of water on top of it is a problem... lol I need to cut down on the coffee and up the water.

I've got one eye on Hurricane Irene ..... which is supposed to hit the NC coast tonight and all day tomorrow.

It looks like here in central NC we will just get 2 inches of rain and some 25 MPH winds so hopefully that will not knock the power out..... If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it means that it came further west and we lost power... but it really is not looking like that is going to happen...

Step and abs today !!! I'm ready. My arms and chest are still sore from doing upper body on Wednesday... yikes... I'm out of shape..

We CAN do this.....

I'll check back later this afternoon......... Have a great day !!!!

Good morning Susan and Cyndi :) TGIF

Just finished BS, plus Abs. I am with you Suan I am totally out of shape, I hope our workouts get easier. My stomach muscles are weak.

I enjoyed the stretch exercise yesterday as well ladies. Yesterday I order Stretch Max and Kick Max. After this 3 month rotation, I am going to try cardio without the Step.

Not sure how I am going to do with Saturday workout which is Upper and Lower body with that darn tubing. :( My entire body expecially my chest is sore, legs not as sore as they were and tomorrow my stomach will be extremely sore. On top of the soreness I will be working in my Yard tomorrow, it is a mess!!! I hired someone to help me pull weeds, trim bushes all before the garbage is picked up between 6am & 8am and before it gets to hot.

I am working on my 64oz of water this morning before work. Ladies, what helps me with my water is that I went out and purchased two water containers 64oz for home and 100oz for work. I start on the 64oz in the morning before I have my coffee. I then have one or two cups of coffee at work and then start on the 100oz container......I hope this helps.

Susan, please remain safe during the Hurricane in your area. It is all over the news, they are saying it is going to hit the FL, Carolina areas and up the cost to NY. WOW...PLEASE BE SAFE and post a message when you can to let us know that all is well.

REMEMBER, WE CAN WORK THOURGH THE PAIN TOGETHER. Monday 8.29.11 will be one week in to the Rotation.

Deanna

Good Saturday morning Deanna and Cyndi !!!

Just a quick note ..... I didn't do the whole workout yesterday... I got caught up in trips to Walmart and the grocery store to stock up on batteries, etc. just in case we lost power. Obviously... this morning.. we still have power.

Not too bad here. Moderate winds and moderate rain... but 25 miles east of me they are getting pounded with strong winds and heavy rain and... at the NC coast they are really getting hammered.

Anyway.... I did do abs yesterday and then did some stretching, but I didn't do step... mostly because after my shopping trips I ended up glued to the Weather Channel watching the hurricane news and forecasts.

Today... assuming the power stays on (we will have wind and rain all day), I'll do the step routine, then do the upper and lower body workouts so I'll be caught up !!!

That's the plan anyway.... if the power goes off... it won't happen :D

I'll check back later.. if I disappear, it means the power went out ..... That's my only concern here... winds aren't bad enough to cause serious damage...

Enjoy your Saturday.

Edited to add: Just heard they lost power about 15 miles southeast of me..... uh oh.....

Susan

Last edited:
Hello Susan and Cyndi.

Susan, remain safe and keep us posted regarding the storm. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WORKINGOUT, JUST BE SAFE.

Cyndi, you have not posted in a few days are you okay?

Well, I did not do the Rotation today (8.27.11) and tomorrow (8.28.11). My Lawn took longer than expected (4 plus hours) of cutting, racking, bending, squating I even organized my 2 car garage. I feel all the work I did today in the Las Vegas heat should count for my entire weekend rotation. And beleive it I still have to finish up the Lawn tomorrrow.

I will start my rotation again Monday.

Good morning Deanna and Cyndi !!

The hurricane is gone and all is well where I live. A couple of inches of rain and some steady moderate winds for about 12 hours. The power went out last night for a short while but came back on fairly quickly. They got pounded at the North Carolina coast - beach erosion, street flooding and lots of people without power but no huge damage. 3 or 4 people were killed in NC during the storm from trees falling on cars and houses so that's very sad.

I did upper body yesterday but that's all I got done. I'll do whatever is on the schedule today (it's printed out and near my TV but not near my computer) and then get back to the program strongly tomorrow.

Deanna - I believe that all your strenuous yard work counts as your exercise for the weekend !!!!!:D

There are going to be days where we can't do the program (work, family, illness, hurricanes, whatever) but we can't let that derail us.

Onward and upward..... We CAN do this..

Cyndi.... where are you?????? It doesn't matter if you can't do the workout a couple of days.... we just have to keep at it.

Together we can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to put my bird feeders back out and otherwise put the yard back in shape.

... but I can't do pushups... not even one.... but I tried .... so that's all I can do. It was hurting my wrists so I kept trying to adjust my hands.... forward a little.. then back a little.. then tried turning my hands inward a little and outward a little... nothing felt comfortable.

Sorry for lurking, I was randomly reading this thread this morning. You guys sound like you are really positive and are doing great. I am a Re-beginner w/ Cathe, myself. Anyway, Susan, what about doing push ups standing up against a wall? Or over a counter? I used to do them over a bike rack at a park when I was starting out the first time.

Also, I love Greek yogurt and fruit, too! A tip at a weight watcher's meeting, blend frozen fruit w/ ff greek yogurt in food processor, (about 6-8 oz yogurt and around 3/4 cup of frozen fruit), gives a soft serve ice cream type treat. I sometimes add a little sweetener, depending on the yogurt. It think it's really good, I got a little too crazy about it when I first tried it.

Good luck, have a great week! Thank you for being inspiring in keeping to rotation and support! OK, I am done procrastinating...off to mind my own biz and do my own workout this morning. : )

Faithnveggies,

Welcome !!! Jump right in. I think I can speak for Deanna and Cyndi in saying that we welcome all encouragement and ideas to keep us going !!!

That's a great idea about the pushups.... I'll try that this afternoon......

I'm afraid that if I do the yogurt and frozen fruit thingie that I'll get addicted.... lol. But great idea when I'm looking for a special treat !!!

I used to eat a lot of cottage cheese and a little regular yogurt .... now I don't eat cottage cheese at all anymore because of the high sodium levels and I eat Greek yogurt with fresh fruit at least once... sometimes twice.. a day. Great stuff. Thick, rich and creamy smooth and NO fat !!!

Off to do some housework ........

Hey Ladies,:D:D
Our internet has been acting up and if this goes thru it will be the third time trying.:mad: no connection yesterday at all.
Deanna sounds like you did yard max Saturday:p
Susan, I can't do pushups on my toes, but together we will.:D
Saturday bs and swimming.
Susan glad you kept power and all is well with you. So sorry to hear about the deaths in your area.
I better try to get this posted have a great Sunday.
Will try to post tomorrow.
Cyndi

Susan, I am so happy all is well with you but on the other hand it is very sad about the deaths from the storm.

I am exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two days of yard work in this Las Vegas HEAT is too much for anyone. Those two days consisted of the front and sides of the house ONLY, not including the back yard. I will tackle the back yard another time.

I was able to get my 100 PLUS ounces of water in, in this HEAT!

Again, I am exhausted! I am going to put the finishing touches on the inside of my house, so that I can get ready for my work tomorrow.

By the way, the few days of working out with Cathe made me a little stronger. I could not beleive the stamina and strength I had working in the yard.

Okay, I will check back tomorrow.

Hi Deanna and Cyndi !!!

Cyndi... I love it. Deanna did Yard Max :D Cathe could do a whole new series.... Yard Max, Clean the House Max, Car Wash Max..... lol

Deanna - you certainly did get a great workout this weekend. Way to go.... but be careful in that heat... yikes...... I have been putting off my yard work until it dips down into the 80s.... I refuse to do it when the temps are in the 90s. So doing it in the 100s is not an appealing prospect to me. But I know you are satisfied with a job well done. Congratulations !!!!

Cyndi - I sure hope your internet connection stabilizes. We need the whole team here for support !!!

Faithnveggies - I did 20 "push ups" against the wall. I'll do that every day for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion !!

My Goals for Week #2

Do the workout every day Monday thru Sunday as Cathe wrote it.
Drink 60 oz of water per day i.e. 3 20-ounce bottles.
Cut down on the coffee.
Calories < 1600 Total Fat < 48 grams Saturated Fat < 12.5 grams

That's do-able. I just have to make up my mind that I am going to do it.... no matter what !!!!

Thanks for being my support team and workout buddies !!!
We CAN do this......

Last edited:
Susan - You have jokes today....lol Yes it was Yard Max....I am going to hold off on the backyard until it cools off to darn HOT!

I am going to try the push-ups that Faithnveggies suggested since I find them difficult as well. I have a half wall in my living room, I am going to try it there. Thanks Faithnveggies :)

I forgot to share during my Yard Max (lol) when I organized my 2 car garage I put down Gold's Gym 6-Piece Puzzle Mat on one side. When it cools off outside I am going to take my workout to the garage. I have my weights, barbell, High Step and Total GYM out there. I am going to look on Craigslist and FreeCycle for a FREE TV. If I can make it through the Beginner Rotation, I would love to have Cathe's Low Impact series.

Okay, I am really going to call it a night now. To tired to finish up the inside of the house and I need my rest for work and the rotation in the morning.

Look forward to hearing from everyone tomorrow, and do not forget your water.

Deanna

Hi Deanna and Cyndi !!!

Cyndi... I love it. Deanna did Yard Max :D Cathe could do a whole new series.... Yard Max, Clean the House Max, Car Wash Max..... lol

Deanna - you certainly did get a great workout this weekend. Way to go.... but be careful in that heat... yikes...... I have been putting off my yard work until it dips down into the 80s.... I refuse to do it when the temps are in the 90s. So doing it in the 100s is not an appealing prospect to me. But I know you are satisfied with a job well done. Congratulations !!!!

Cyndi - I sure hope your internet connection stabilizes. We need the whole team here for support !!!

Faithnveggies - I did 20 "push ups" against the wall. I'll do that every day for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion !!

My Goals for Week #2

Do the workout every day Monday thru Sunday as Cathe wrote it.
Drink 60 oz of water per day i.e. 3 20-ounce bottles.
Cut down on the coffee.
Calories < 1600 Total Fat < 48 grams Saturated Fat < 12.5 grams

That's do-able. I just have to make up my mind that I am going to do it.... no matter what !!!!

Thanks for being my support team and workout buddies !!!
We CAN do this......

Good Monday morning Ladies.

I am up one hour early so, I am going to go ahead and get my workout done. Today is Basic Step and Lower Body. My entire body is a little sore from Yard Max, but I am going to work through it. I may just do Basic Step and Abs. Since I did two days of Yard Max which took care of my upper and lower body. I will check back in after work today to log exactly what I did, plus my water intake.

I know today marks only one week that we have been working out with Cathe, but lets start sharing any difference we see in our bodies. For me I can tell I have a little upper body strength, my stomach is shrinking and my butt seems to be lifting. :) What about your ladies?

Keep up the good work and remember we can do this together. :)

Deanna

Good morning !!!

Wow... you're up early this morning Deanna !!! It sounds like you have a great set up in your garage. I wish I had a garage. I live in a townhouse with no garage so the only place I have to work out is my living room. It's getting a little crowded with the mat, dumbbells and stability ball. Where am I going to put a barbell and weights? :eek: I think I'm going to want a barbell...... But I'm being good and not buying it until I see if I can stick with the Beginner Rotation for the full 3 months.

I have a dentist appointment first thing this morning, so I'll do my workout as soon as I get home.

Have a wonderful Monday !!! I'll check back later.......

Water, water, water... that's my mantra for the day !!

I haven't seen any real changes yet Deanna. I do feel a little stronger and that's what I was aiming for..... so it's working !!!

Cyndi - I hope your internet connection is working today and stays on consistently.

Edited to add: I did 20 "wall push ups" in the kitchen while waiting for my coffee to brew. I think they will help....

Last edited:
If there are any other beginners out there who want to join us.... jump in !!!

You don't have to be on the same week that we are..... you might be starting week 1 today... or you might be in week 10.... doesn't matter....

we're all beginners and need to encourage each other.....

okay.. off to the dentist I go... sigh

Hello Everyone,
Had a great workout today, bs and lower body. Sounds like you guys did too.
Deanna , I really can't tell body wise but stamina and strength wise yes.
Have had 48oz of water so far today not counting my coffee.(3-4 cups)
Susan , great job on the pushups, pretty soon you'll be up on your toes.
I think instead of a rest day tomorrow I am going to do stretch max.
Have a great evening everyone. :D
Deanna , almost forgot , congrats on the workout area, I would love to have a space for my equipment. Post pics if you can when your finished to give us some ideas. I love to see the great ideas everybody has. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.