BE BACK IN A BIT

I know, I was pretty excited to see she responded to me! Please tell me how Sufferfest is once you try it. I looked it up. Are they downloads? I thought that's what it said.

I've only able to try one (the wretched), and I loved it! If you search the Cathe Forums for the Sufferfest, you can see what other Cathletes have to say about them. I first learned about them here. :). They're just so different from anything else out there (at least what I'm aware of), whether for spin or cycling. There are some dvds that have great footage of various scenic routes (not race footage) and suggest a cadence and whether you should be in flat, climb or standing climb gear, but they're expensive ($30 each) and I don't know anybody who's tried one.

I'm excited to try more suffering, but I only recently got my at home spin bike. With XTrain arriving and wanting to spin to my own profiles (I've been working on playlists for over a year) and going to my spin classes at the gym, there just hasn't been time/leg power. I'm planning to do one on Sunday, though.

By the way, not all of the Sufferfest workouts suggest what your cadence should be, although I enjoy that function, combined with the suggestion as to what my perceived exertion should be. Do you have a cadence meter on your bike? If not, they aren't that expensive and are easy to put on. I haven't bought one for a bike in quite a while, but I'm sure you can find one that will do the job for less than $40.

Oh, one least thing...the Sufferfest is sponsoring the Tour of Sufferlandria, which starts January 26th and goes for 9 straight days during which participants will do all 12 of the workouts...here's the schedule:

Full Schedule:
Saturday, Jan 26th: Hell Hath No Fury
Sunday, Jan 27th: The Hunted
Monday, Jan 28th: Extra Shot + Fight Club
Tuesday, Jan 29th: A Very Dark Place
Wednesday, Jan 30th: Angels
Thursday, Jan 31st: The Wretched + The Long Scream
Friday, Feb 1st: The Downward Spiral
Saturday, Feb 2nd: There is No Try + Revolver
Sunday, Feb 3rd: Local Hero

They have a great price when you buy all their workouts as a bundle, and are offering an extra 10% off through January 15 if you use the code THETOUR (I didn't get mine with the discount darn it...I'm always too impatient!). I've signed up to do this...it's free, although you're only eligible for awards and prizes if you can submit your "results" through Trainer Road. I'm actually considering getting an account so that I can compete! If you want more info on the Tour or just on The Sufferfest, they're on Facebook.

Have fun!

....taking my kids to CCD and will be back tonight...if you have questions keep posting them...that is if you're not too busy XTRAINING....wheeeee :D
Cathe...
I hope you get this question! I missed the anouncement that you were gonna be on here! Also Thanks for telling us about your Boys :) made me smile!
I don't know if you rememeber me but i wrote to you awhile back and explained aI lost my Son noah on July 18, 2009 he had a surgery that went wrong (after being boen with a rare CP and sick all his life he was such a fighter... he is also in the picture in my profile in the sky as you can see he looked youmger than 10) He was 10 when he was sent home after a surgery gone HORRIBLY WRONG and the pierced his heart... He died the very next day here in his bed of heart failure! all his fluid drained and they say he drownded from the inside :( I did soo much with him... I lost a part of me when he died I also have a 17 year old girl (she just turned 17 Jan 2nd :) ) she has aspergers so its hard there too plus she self harms herself... Fitness is a WAY OUT FOR ME but I tend to do it in these months where its ALL I Do then Icannot bring myself to do it for weeks!! Anyway... The reason for me writing this is to ask.. HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?? I don't really do much physically durning the day and night time is the time i have most energy so tend to do workouts later at night but like to do about like 2 hours or more! some ppl say iam OVER WORKING MYSELF Some days I feel Iam but then I feel Iam not doing ENOUGH!! What would you suggest for me to do for a rotation with the new Xtrain without over burning myself out?!?!? See Since the holidays like right after thanksgiving I was so so into all your rotations and workouts for over 8 mths IN THE BEST SHAPE of my life but since like days after Thanksgiving started lacking working out (got sick, depression set back in missinf my lil;Man, My daughter hospitalized for cutting herself,,,ect...) and Now that i should be back to working out I AM SOoooooo DOEN ON MYSELF I feel like I let myself GO and feel out of shape again, Iam only 4 feet 10 inches tall and I my BEST ALL MUSCLE I was only 84 lbs but LOOKED AND FELT BETTER Than EVER! Now Iam back up too about 89lbs and MUSHY - IER Than Before How long does it actaully take to get out of shape?? I know these are alot of questions but I need them answered and Well I Follow you and look up to you! I REALLY Value your opinion cathe :) I would also like to tell you I have been Praying for your Dad! See mY mom (who lives with me & Helped me to look after Noah) was diagnoised with A RARE Cancer right after Noah died! She has now been CANCER FREE FOR 3 years This November to be EXACT! It was so scary and hard! I know!! And Wanted you to know You (and HE) Have so many praying sending positive vibes yourway! I hope You are ALSO TAKING CARE OF YOU!! It is IMPORTANT;) Anyway... Hope to hear back from you! And Thankyou for EVERYTHING you do.. You Inspire Me to be a BETTER me and ALWAYS HAVE P.s... Iam 39 turning 40 so u arn't to much older than me... I have been following you FOR EVER, lol!!! Anyway Thanks for reading my Novel.... I actually wrote a story about Noahs life and was published! If you are ever interested in reading let me know... I would be happy to send it to you! Again All My Thanks AND LOVE..
Jen... Godbless and Love to you and YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY and Here';s to A BETTER HEALTHIER HAPPIER NEWYEAR!! xo

I Hope You Get This Cathe

....taking my kids to CCD and will be back tonight...if you have questions keep posting them...that is if you're not too busy XTRAINING....wheeeee :D
Cathe...
I hope you get this question! I missed the anouncement that you were gonna be on here! Also Thanks for telling us about your Boys made me smile!
I don't know if you rememeber me but i wrote to you awhile back and explained aI lost my Son noah on July 18, 2009 he had a surgery that went wrong (after being boen with a rare CP and sick all his life he was such a fighter... he is also in the picture in my profile in the sky as you can see he looked youmger than 10) He was 10 when he was sent home after a surgery gone HORRIBLY WRONG and the pierced his heart... He died the very next day here in his bed of heart failure! all his fluid drained and they say he drownded from the inside I did soo much with him... I lost a part of me when he died I also have a 17 year old girl (she just turned 17 Jan 2nd ) she has aspergers so its hard there too plus she self harms herself... Fitness is a WAY OUT FOR ME but I tend to do it in these months where its ALL I Do then Icannot bring myself to do it for weeks!! Anyway... The reason for me writing this is to ask.. HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?? I don't really do much physically durning the day and night time is the time i have most energy so tend to do workouts later at night but like to do about like 2 hours or more! some ppl say iam OVER WORKING MYSELF Some days I feel Iam but then I feel Iam not doing ENOUGH!! What would you suggest for me to do for a rotation with the new Xtrain without over burning myself out?!?!? See Since the holidays like right after thanksgiving I was so so into all your rotations and workouts for over 8 mths IN THE BEST SHAPE of my life but since like days after Thanksgiving started lacking working out (got sick, depression set back in missinf my lil;Man, My daughter hospitalized for cutting herself,,,ect...) and Now that i should be back to working out I AM SOoooooo DOEN ON MYSELF I feel like I let myself GO and feel out of shape again, Iam only 4 feet 10 inches tall and I my BEST ALL MUSCLE I was only 84 lbs but LOOKED AND FELT BETTER Than EVER! Now Iam back up too about 89lbs and MUSHY - IER Than Before How long does it actaully take to get out of shape?? I know these are alot of questions but I need them answered and Well I Follow you and look up to you! I REALLY Value your opinion cathe I would also like to tell you I have been Praying for your Dad! See mY mom (who lives with me & Helped me to look after Noah) was diagnoised with A RARE Cancer right after Noah died! She has now been CANCER FREE FOR 3 years This November to be EXACT! It was so scary and hard! I know!! And Wanted you to know You (and HE) Have so many praying sending positive vibes yourway! I hope You are ALSO TAKING CARE OF YOU!! It is IMPORTANT Anyway... Hope to hear back from you! And Thankyou for EVERYTHING you do.. You Inspire Me to be a BETTER me and ALWAYS HAVE P.s... Iam 39 turning 40 so u arn't to much older than me... I have been following you FOR EVER, lol!!! Anyway Thanks for reading my Novel.... I actually wrote a story about Noahs life and was published! If you are ever interested in reading let me know... I would be happy to send it to you! Again All My Thanks AND LOVE..
Jen... Godbless and Love to you and YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY and Here';s to A BETTER HEALTHIER HAPPIER NEWYEAR!! xo

Loving Xtrain Cathe!

My question is about the barbell hip thrusts. My neck was quite fatigued after the 40th rep. I had to stop early, not so much because my glutes were fatigued, but because my neck just could not hold up any longer. My instinct was to just place my head on the step and continue, but I know this is not correct form. Is this common and normal?

Thank you greatly!

Natasha

Natasha -

I wonder if putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth (tip of tongue on roof of mouth behind the teeth) like they sometimes cue for core exercises that are felt in the neck would help? This was being discussed again recently somewhere (here? VF?) as a strategy to relieve neck tension during core work. I haven't tried this challenge yet, so I am not speaking from experience, but it was a thought that came to mind this morning. Maybe it would help some?

HI Cathe! Hope you're doing well!

Great to hear from you Jillybean. Take care of yourself and hope to see you back in full recovery action soon.

Hi, Cathe!! I’ve had severe brachioradialis strain in both arms for over a year now. Haven’t lifted ANY weights in a year. Everything hurts. However, I wanted to say that with lots and lots of modifying I have done 5 of the XTrain workouts so far and LOVE them. They look beautiful, sound beautiful, and the mix of moves is so refreshing and dread factor-free. You have really outdone yourself. They are so fun. I cannot wait to heal (hoping that day comes!!!!!) so I can do these workouts as they were meant to be done.

Hugs to you Jen. I am so heartbroken for you. Losing a child has to be the MOST difficult thing I could ever imagine happening to any parent. My love and prayers go out to you!!!!

You sound emotionally drained and that is so understandable after your tragic loss and continuously challenging circumstances. I'm at least so thankful that your mother pulled through her serious diagnosis and is now now cancer free (thank you too for your prayers for my father).

When the body is so overwhelmed with grief, tragedy, stress etc. the body releases a chemical (cortisol) that make it difficult to lose weight. Not only that but stress in general causes the body to not work efficiently and therefore many times the digestive system becomes affected as well as the skin too. Stress also tends to make us eat out of emotion and many times its the wrong foods which create a counterproductive cycle in our body that is difficult to break. The best thing to do is to focus on changing one thing in your life, diet and exercise program for the better at a time. This will take months to happen, but you owe it to yourself to slow down and let your body understand and appreciate these changes, rather then punish yourself with stressful pressure for any weight you've gained or workouts you lost. Starting today YOU ARE A WINNER...ALWAYS.. Get in the mindset that a missed workout is not a bad thing if you have a good reason. Get in the mindset that a slip up in your diet is not a bad thing as long as you don't make it a regular habit. Remember that a good cry (or safe emotional release) is wonderful and welcomed when you feel the pressure build up inside. Start everyday thinking about what you hope to accomplish instead of what you should have accomplished. Little by little make the changes you are wanting to make....not all at once....and give yourself 4 to 6 months to really start seeing changes mentally, physically and emotionally. Work your way towards 4 to 5 cardio workouts a week and two strength training workouts (or up to 4 if you are doing split workouts) per week. Introduce new healthy foods and drink lots of water everyday. Take a few minutes everyday to pause and breathe and enjoy the peace of those moments. I hope this helps.

Big Heart Hugs,
Cathe

Cathe...
I hope you get this question! I missed the anouncement that you were gonna be on here! Also Thanks for telling us about your Boys :) made me smile!
I don't know if you rememeber me but i wrote to you awhile back and explained aI lost my Son noah on July 18, 2009 he had a surgery that went wrong (after being boen with a rare CP and sick all his life he was such a fighter... he is also in the picture in my profile in the sky as you can see he looked youmger than 10) He was 10 when he was sent home after a surgery gone HORRIBLY WRONG and the pierced his heart... He died the very next day here in his bed of heart failure! all his fluid drained and they say he drownded from the inside :( I did soo much with him... I lost a part of me when he died I also have a 17 year old girl (she just turned 17 Jan 2nd :) ) she has aspergers so its hard there too plus she self harms herself... Fitness is a WAY OUT FOR ME but I tend to do it in these months where its ALL I Do then Icannot bring myself to do it for weeks!! Anyway... The reason for me writing this is to ask.. HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?? I don't really do much physically durning the day and night time is the time i have most energy so tend to do workouts later at night but like to do about like 2 hours or more! some ppl say iam OVER WORKING MYSELF Some days I feel Iam but then I feel Iam not doing ENOUGH!! What would you suggest for me to do for a rotation with the new Xtrain without over burning myself out?!?!? See Since the holidays like right after thanksgiving I was so so into all your rotations and workouts for over 8 mths IN THE BEST SHAPE of my life but since like days after Thanksgiving started lacking working out (got sick, depression set back in missinf my lil;Man, My daughter hospitalized for cutting herself,,,ect...) and Now that i should be back to working out I AM SOoooooo DOEN ON MYSELF I feel like I let myself GO and feel out of shape again, Iam only 4 feet 10 inches tall and I my BEST ALL MUSCLE I was only 84 lbs but LOOKED AND FELT BETTER Than EVER! Now Iam back up too about 89lbs and MUSHY - IER Than Before How long does it actaully take to get out of shape?? I know these are alot of questions but I need them answered and Well I Follow you and look up to you! I REALLY Value your opinion cathe :) I would also like to tell you I have been Praying for your Dad! See mY mom (who lives with me & Helped me to look after Noah) was diagnoised with A RARE Cancer right after Noah died! She has now been CANCER FREE FOR 3 years This November to be EXACT! It was so scary and hard! I know!! And Wanted you to know You (and HE) Have so many praying sending positive vibes yourway! I hope You are ALSO TAKING CARE OF YOU!! It is IMPORTANT;) Anyway... Hope to hear back from you! And Thankyou for EVERYTHING you do.. You Inspire Me to be a BETTER me and ALWAYS HAVE P.s... Iam 39 turning 40 so u arn't to much older than me... I have been following you FOR EVER, lol!!! Anyway Thanks for reading my Novel.... I actually wrote a story about Noahs life and was published! If you are ever interested in reading let me know... I would be happy to send it to you! Again All My Thanks AND LOVE..

Hugs to you Jen. I am so heartbroken for you. Losing a child has to be the MOST difficult thing I could ever imagine happening to any parent. My love and prayers go out to you!!!!

You sound emotionally drained and that is so understandable after your tragic loss and continuously challenging circumstances. I'm at least so thankful that your mother pulled through her serious diagnosis and is now now cancer free (thank you too for your prayers for my father).

When the body is so overwhelmed with grief, tragedy, stress etc. the body releases a chemical (cortisol) that make it difficult to lose weight. Not only that but stress in general causes the body to not work efficiently and therefore many times the digestive system becomes affected as well as the skin too. Stress also tends to make us eat out of emotion and many times its the wrong foods which create a counterproductive cycle in our body that is difficult to break. The best thing to do is to focus on changing one thing in your life, diet and exercise program for the better at a time. This will take months to happen, but you owe it to yourself to slow down and let your body understand and appreciate these changes, rather then punish yourself with stressful pressure for any weight you've gained or workouts you lost. Starting today YOU ARE A WINNER...ALWAYS.. Get in the mindset that a missed workout is not a bad thing if you have a good reason. Get in the mindset that a slip up in your diet is not a bad thing as long as you don't make it a regular habit. Remember that a good cry (or safe emotional release) is wonderful and welcomed when you feel the pressure build up inside. Start everyday thinking about what you hope to accomplish instead of what you should have accomplished. Little by little make the changes you are wanting to make....not all at once....and give yourself 4 to 6 months to really start seeing changes mentally, physically and emotionally. Work your way towards 4 to 5 cardio workouts a week and two strength training workouts (or up to 4 if you are doing split workouts) per week. Introduce new healthy foods and drink lots of water everyday. Take a few minutes everyday to pause and breathe and enjoy the peace of those moments. I hope this helps.

Big Heart Hugs,
Cathe
Thanks for replying cathe! Means so much to me!! Now when u say "if I do a split" should i do cardio and weights on same day working up to 6 days aweek or should i do weights one day then next cardio and workup to 6 days weekly?? That is what i do now but then change it up after a few weeks ;) Again... Thanks for always being so great and doing what you do for soooo soooo many of us!! You are such an inspiration!!!
Warmly, Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.