Barack Obama is President of the United States of America

Not sure why Pelosi would have her back up. Obama is pretty far left as well, so I would think there would not be an issue. His Chief of Staff is also far left.

Of course in Illinois the Democrats are always fighting with each other, which is why nothing is getting done and our state is in shambles....and yes I know, before that was good ole George, a Republican now in jail.

Just as in the right, there are degrees of extremism on the left. My concern is that, as house speaker, Nancy Pelosi will resent Obama for not being left "enough" and will eventually (not right away, I'm sure) fight him. As President, he has to be the president of ALL the people and, in truth, his voting record shows him to be considerably more moderate than Pelosi (hence, her alleged wariness of him). I think it will take considerable behind the scenes negotiating to keep her in line but I doubt the Democratic congress will take her part in a disagreement. I'm much more concerned about what she may do than the Republicans in congress, whom I believe are anxious to fix things, particularly the McCain Republicans, who are ready to move forward. Yea, I'm concerned she may be a nail in the road. Maybe it's hard to see when you aren't a Democrat but, over here, we can see who the trouble makers are in our party. I think this is why Obama picked Rahm Emmanuel; to keep Pelosi, et. al. in line.

I love reading these threads!! it is great hearing different views.

I do have to say I am not that informed about my government, which I regret, but what has me scared about the new President is all the people saying what he is going to do to this country! Personally I am behind him 100% and I am acutally trying to be excited about what he can do for our country!!

The girls in my office are saying he is going to push all small business out of business, well if that were true then there would be no one paying any taxes, isn't small business that pays the majority of it anyways?

$5.3 billion spent on the election.
$530 billion spent on the military each year +. More than China and India combined.
The truth has not been told to the citizens.
Goverment does not fear the citizen.
Corperate medical health care profits have went through the roof.
Alot the nation is not being told.

My concern is that, as house speaker, Nancy Pelosi will resent Obama for not being left "enough" and will eventually (not right away, I'm sure) fight him. As President, he has to be the president of ALL the people and, in truth, his voting record shows him to be considerably more moderate than Pelosi (hence, her alleged wariness of him).

I just saw part of Pelosi's latest press conference. She stated that Obama will have to govern more from the center and that even though she is a proud liberal (she used a different word I don't remember), she would support that, because that is what must be done to help all Americans.

I just saw part of Pelosi's latest press conference. She stated that Obama will have to govern more from the center and that even though she is a proud liberal (she used a different word I don't remember), she would support that, because that is what must be done to help all Americans.

THAT is what I want to hear. I've been watching a lot of CNN (I'm kind of over that now, though, since it's the same stuff over and over again) and only heard that scary remark about Pelosi's coolness towards Obama once. I thought that odd. And I've been praying she understand he can't be her personal gift horse. I'm glad you caught it because I've been a bit stressed wondering what she might try to do and wondering why she'd yet to comment on Obama's win. Yea, this IS a relief. I hope she means it. No good can come from large numbers of people feeling alienated when a leader, by definition, must be inclusive.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.