bar workouts

cindy_975

Cathlete
I have seen that some people here are using these type of workouts as well, so I thought I'd ask for opinions. I rented pure barre from netflix and couldn't do it :( The quality was terrible (very dark, and she was wearing black so I couldn't see what she was doing) but I got enough out of it to know that the whole bar workout is tough. Any opinions on which one to try? Collage videos only has 1 up to preview, so I'd love some real world advice.

Thanks
Cindy

I just started doing these but what got me going with them is Physique57. I love these workouts. I went on to get the Essentrics, which I also like, and now of course I am looking at Cardio Barre and Pershing Square. But my first choice--Physique57. There are 3-- Classic a 57 min full body one, Express a 30 min and Arms and Abs also 30 mins. I like all 3 and am very glad I got them. Some find the instructor in Physique57 Classic and Express annoying but I don't at all. I rather like her and find her encouraging and motivating. She keeps me going.

Here are some barre workouts to try.

Its true the original Pure Barre is not the greatest quality. There are many others that are good. As mentioned Physique 57 are the newest and greatest for now. The new Bar Methods, Cardio Barre, Core Fusion Body Sculpt & Thighs and Glutes, Tracy's Mat Workout.

lotte berk,bar method,exhale core fusions(i like these b/c they are broken into 10 min segments) even callanetics(the old school stuff i haven't tried the new offerings). all basically small micro movements,isolation,and pulse exercises.

i like pure barre i wasn't crazy about the production either but the overall routine i enjoyed, its one i have a tough time getting through b/c it feels like my a^^ is going to fall off halfway through the set and i rather like that feeling LOL. :eek: there are new pure barres out there called perishing square 1 and 2. look on youtube under pure barre promo and those are what the new workouts look like.

i think also you can rent lotte berk from netlfix although they are not nearly as challenging as other barre workouts but they are shorter and can learn great form from them.

kassia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.