August Rotation - Monday 8/8

Boybert

Cathlete
Okay guys....you aren't done YET???? LOL.

I'm really doing a modified Aug rotation & resting today. Did my running yesterday. Hope you all have a great run for those who are hitting the pavement or treadmill :)

Happy Monday!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I finished up the end of last week yesteday, so today is a rest day. Went out and measured a 5 mile route in the car yesterday. I will be doing a alternating run/walk, since I don't run, but will bring my headphones home from work, so the time will go faster! At this early hour, will probably see lotsa deer.

I may bring my running clothes to school today. There is a nice lake that has a paved road going around it and it's 3/4 mile around. It is only supposed to be in the 70's today, but we have a flash flood watch this morning and a chance of numerous thunderstorms today so I may not get to run. I'd have to do a run walk b/c I've tried running before and due to Cathe's cardio I'm ready for it cardiovascularly, but my I.T.B. Band on my left leg starts bothering me b/c I usually start out running too much instead of gradually increasing my miles. Anyway, if it stops raining I might go for it. If not I will come home and do LM on an 8" step or RS. I find that both of these workouts don't seem that difficult but I'm sweating like crazy when I'm done. I may throw in some yoga today also to stretch everything out. I'm not sore today, but I'm anticipating some soreness this week.
Angela:7

I substituted Hardcore Extreme interval and legs for running. My heart rate was definitely up there. I weighed myself yesterday and am down 2 lbs for the week.

The rest of the week looks good, I'm actually looking forward to doing BC twice tomorrow.

:) ;-)

Hi Everyone,
Can I join, even if I am only starting today? You know, I didn't even bother checking out the rotation b/c this time of year for me is so busy but when I read what people were writing about, I knew I had to check it out. I think the thing I like about it is the variety. It never sticks to one group of workout videos.
For me today is BM, which I haven't done in forever. I am looking forward to it. And I use to do BM all the way through anyway so that won't be a big deal but we will see what I think about the jumping jacks and push ups after Im done.
Lori:)

good morning everbody!
Lori: welcome and girl, get started! :)

today's workout: I did IMAX3 and the thrust climbers. I switched mondays and last saturdays' workout since I ran a 5k on saturday. I came home and ran 2 more miles. So, I'm all caught up. Those Thrust climbers were hard. I had to stop at #12 to get a breather in!!!

Bootcamp tomorrow..2x!!! OMG...I think I"m doing it once in the morning and again after work.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

take care:)
Gloria

I usually work out on Sunday so I was antsy yesterday, but my legs needed the rest. Today I'm really thankful for the rest, I feel much more energized than I did after Saturday's workout, and ready to go for week 2!

I also will be alternating walk/jogging. I can usually only jog one day a month so I'm hoping today's the day that everything feels fine.

Good luck everyone!

I did my 5am workout. I don't run, so I did Stepblast instead.

I am actually looking forward to bootcamp 2x tomorrow.

I did Imax 3 and the terminators on Saturday. I haven't done Imax 3 in awhile so it was rough and I had to take a lot of marching breaks. I worked out later than I usually do and I think that had something to do with it. I really need to exercise first thing in the morning, for some reason I have more energy.

Kathy

Hi Again,
Just finished BM and the add ons. It wasn't to bad. I am not use to BM type weight workout anymore, Cathe moves super fast in this workout. Doesn't give you much time for a breather but like she said, its all about endurance.
I thought the add ons were going to be alot worse. I didn't think the jumping jacks were to bad. My calves got a little tight. But the pushups were worse.I could barely make it through the push ups in the workout, then I add to do another 40.
It was a good workout though and I plan on running tonight after supper.
Chat with ya later...
Lori:)

Morning Everyone,

With my weekends I will only be doing 5 days with two days off. So today will be Imax3 and the 20 Terminators.

Laurie

Good morning, everybody, and GREAT JOB on the workouts! I am LOVING this rotation.

As for me, I switched Saturday's and today's workouts. I was on a weekend vacation this weekend, so I ran in the ocean city we were at...around 5 miles. Then today I got up and did IMax 3 and the 20 terminators. LOVING IT! My shorts are all fitting better already and my eating has been mostly clean, which certainly helps.

Boot Camp, HERE WE COME!

Keep up the excellent work everybody!

YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!

Gayle

Today I will do an hour run on treadmill then whatever else is on the schedule for today. I don't remember!:) I will have to check. I later in the evening will do abs and legs and glutes.

Lori-Welcome and good job on bodymax!
everyone who is doing bootcamp twice tomorrow it wasn't that bad REALLY! I did it yesterday and was pleased that I did!

Terri

Hey ladies,

I did 5.25 miles today on the treadmill. I started at 5:30 am, which, believe it or not, is late for me. It took me 64 minutes. After each mile I walked for about 1 or 2 minutes, it was fun. I enjoyed it. I'm thinking about adding a 20 minute pilates session tonight. I would have done it right after my running/jogging but then I would have been late for work. Work always gets in the way of a good workout ;-).

I agree, I am enjoying this rotation. I'm a little nervous about Boot Camp tomorrow. I think I'm going to split it in two sessions AM and PM (before and after work). Are most of you doing it back to back or in split sessions?

Have a great day!,

Katrina

Good morning all:

Today I subbed Power Max for the running. It is about 90 degrees and raining here and my DH was on the treadmill this morning when I work out. Plus running on the treadmill is way too boring for me to handle at 5 am!

This weekend I was at my parents and I even hauled my step with me (driving) so I could do IMAX 3 on Saturday. I thought that was a piece of cake compared to that Friday workout--400 walking lunges, etc., which was way longer and harder than I thought it would be. But it was a great travel workout. I'll have to remember that!

Hi!

I am a little off schedule. I forget what day I skipped last week, but I was trying to play catch up this weekend and it did not happen. I was very proud of myself on Saturday b/c I did Friday's workout of 400 lunges, 400 situps, etc. My legs are killing me!!! So, those lunges must be doing the trick. I was supposed to do IMAX 3 yesterday, and I didn't. I knew that I would not do the run this morning, so I did Imax 3. I have to be very careful with my ankle, so I may modify some of the cardio to spinning this week.

I am looking forward to Boot Camp tomorrow and hoping that I make it through twice. I can't decide if I am going to do it am/pm or all at once. I think I will see how it goes!

Hang in there everyone! Sandra S.

Wow! Yesterday, I really wasn’t planning on doing the 5 mile run. I was going to substitute it ( I ‘m not fond of running) so I did the CTX Kickbox DVD then I later changed my mind, got up the guts and went to the gym and did the run. I was really surprised that I was able to do a 9.81 minute mile (shocker for slow me!)….I could have even done it faster, but not being a runner I wasn’t smart enough to know you should always double knot your laces before a run and had to stop twice (once for each foot) to retie my sneakers ( A-Dah!). Well, now I know better.

Today, I did the double Bootcamp because I am taking tomorrow off. It really wasn’t bad at all. I kept most of the same weight each time accept for the static lunges and hammer curls. My biceps were fried the second time around (they are also the weakest part of my body) so there was no way I could keep up the weight. I burned 615 calories...quite a workout:) .

Have a great day!
Robin

Good morning everyone!

I did Bootcamp twice this morning and I am fried. }(

Good luck tomorrow for everyone who will be doing this workout. I will be thinking of you and can't wait to see what you post!

I'm late! Gotta date with the recliner!;-)

Have a good one!

KarenL

Hi Everybody!

I was nervous about today's 5 mile run, but discovered it was not as difficult as I thought. My legs are quite tired though. For the last half mile, I really had to push.

I am so happy to have this daily check in. You guys are really motivating and it is comforting to know that others are having the same experiences I am.

Have a good day.

Lisa

Hello All! I have really only been into running for the past year but I am quite hooked now. Adding running to my routine did amazing things for me. I've been working out regularly for 10+ years, 8 or so with Cathe and was always in good shape but the running really blasted off that last bit of stubborn excess fat. It was so EASY
and I am eating more now then ever. I routinely run 6-8 miles (I like to run 10k races) so when the 5 mile run came up in the rotation I went for a personal distance record. I ran 11 miles! (1hr45min) I know that isn't much for the marathoners on these boards (I am in awe of them) but it was terrific for me. I hope to be up to doing a half marathon next year. Keep up the good work everyone and if you can- get into running! You won't regret it!
ShellyC

Well, I'm a day ahead of schedule this week.

Yesterday: 10 mile run (tapering this week for my 25k race next weekend)

Today: Bootcamp - Bootcamp :)

Feeling super so far, I'm enjoying the variety in this rotation. I may have to sub MIC on Thursday for something with a little less impact like IMax Extreme (yeah, I know...impact, but at least it's only for 10 minute or so! :p ;-) )

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.