August Rotation Check In 08/12/05

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! How is everybody today?

I was MIA yesterday...just had to take a rest day. My hind end was so very sore! LOL Plus, my joints were starting to ache, so I moved my rest day from Sunday to yesterday. I am a day behind now, but am planning on working out thru the weekend.

This morning I did High Step Challenge and the cardio blasts from Kick Max. SWEATY!

Have an awesome Friday! You guys are doing so well with this rotation. Sometimes, the only thing getting me out of bed at 5am is knowing you guys are doing this with me!

Gayle

I did HSC and the Intensity drills from KM today, too. (I am a day behind...still :( )

I am eating my words about feeling great this morning! (I knew it would happen!) Today's workout was a toughie for me! I think this has been the hardest one for me to get through, so far!

Seems like HSC is more intense that BootCamp. I love that workout, but I guess where we have been working so hard the past couple of weeks and coupled with those drills, I am draggin'! But...feel very accomplished! (and definitely feeling "worked out")

Gayle, I was thinking the same thing yesterday! Knowing that other people are going through this with me is helping to motivate me to keep it up!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

Linda

I think HSC is more intense than bootcamp, also! That bandwork just puts me over the edge!:D

Hi everyone,

Today was supposed to be MIC, but that one bores me to tears, so I did Christi Solid Gold Cardio, then Coremax 2.

Have a great Friday!

Hi Gayle and everyone else:)

Gayle, I know what you mean about being sore. I could barely finish yesterday. This is a tough rotation. Talkin' about tough...I did MIC today... all I can say is YIKES! What was that all about? This was my first time doing it (finally got it from back order) and I had no idea it was so tough. All I know was that I kept glancing down at my HRM at it stayed over 150! I was in my zone for about 52 minutes. The real tragedy is that this workout is about 75 min. long;-). This has got to be the most intense non-step, non-running workout ever..at least the first half of it anyway. Who needs to run when you have this in your collection;-)? I had a good time doing it though. In some cases, I just had to stop for a couple of seconds. I have to do this more often. I did get to CM#2 but I kept slipping off the ball because I was drenched in sweat:D. After it was all over... I crawled to the shower. Sorry about going on, but I'm sure you all know what I mean. Anyway, good luck with today's workout... you're going to need it :p,

Katrina

I survived MIC, barely, but I did it. Low impact section was no problem. I think Cathe should do a low impact aerobic tape with no step. Medium impact was okay but I had to modify the high impact, kept everything grounded. I applaud all of you that can keep up with Cathe.

The step portion was good, just used the step without any risers. I hate that sashay move so I did figure 8's instead. Here again, I didn't do any "lift" moves, but still worked up a great sweat!!

Today is a rest day, and I too am sore, so need the rest. I did go and swim 2000 yards easy in the pool, which helps loosen things up.

Tomorrow will be the HSC and kickmax day, so now I will be two days behind. That is what taking two rest days gets me!

Have a good day!

I don't have MIC. It will be here on monday! So I have two options sub something else for it like lowmax or sjp/sb or imax2 or switch today with mondays workout! What do you all think? Any advice on a sub would be great! I have about an hour brfore I work out so let me know:)

Terri

Hi Everyone,

I don't have MIC either so I subbed some of my Christi Taylor hi/lo for cardio. I think I will have to invest in MIC soon though .. seems like a good workout! Did CM #2 first ... still having trouble getting those pikes! Someday ... :)

Have a good one!

Cath :)

good morning !
I overslept and only got to do the hi-low and step aerobics of MIC. I'll have to finish the tape this afternoon and do coremax 2 as well!

Onward to tomorrow!

take care:)
gloria

Morning Ladies!

I managed doing only IMAX 2 (intervals 6-10) + CM #3 segment. Unfortunately, this rotation is definitely NOT for me. First of all there's not enough real heavy wt for me & that's very important for me to do as I have osteopenia. Endurance wt is not the way for me to go. Secondly, the flooring in my basement is NOT conducive (sp?) to this everyday high impact. I've been so wired up every night I haven't been able to get to sleep until midnight & when I have to get up at 5:30 to head into work this has left me feeling extremely grouchy. But you girls ROCK! More power to you. This "OLD" lady has to go easy on my poor old joints. So you continue on for me & know that I'm w/you if only in spirit. You go girls!! Kathy :D

Hi everyone!

I am a day behind like some of the rest of you, but I planned to take yesterday off due to a late meeting.

I was hoping to get my behind out of bed this morning to do HSC, etc., but it did not happen. We have no plans this evening, so I will do it when I get home. I already have all my equipment set up so I will have no excuses!

Hang in there everyone and have a nice weekend!

Sandra S.

Kathy-You could add weight workouts in to the rotation if you have the time. I have been doing the workouts then later doing weight workouts. Of course that doesn't help with the high impact parts of the rotation but couldn't you modify? Just a suggestion in case you want to stay with it.

Terri :)

Hi Terri!

If it was me I would just switch the workouts and do MIC when it comes that way, you will still be doing the same workouts Cathe put into the rotation, just a diff order. Just my opinion. Have FUN which ever you choose!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I powered through MIC today, but I didn't have my usual level of energy. I did not have to modify (actually think this one is easier than most of Cathe's cardio). My lack of sleep and still maintaining this level is catching up with me. I find this video boring, like another person said, and those goofy outfits really get me. Still need to do Core Max tonight.

Think I will switch my rest day to tomorrow and run and do LL on Sunday. Then I'll be right back with you on Monday.

RE: Hi Terri!

Thanks Debbie! I will go do mondays workout right now. Thanks for answering as I was just sitting here avoiding workouts until I got your reply:)

Terri

Hi everyone! I am waaay behind you all due to teaching my classes as you know but I'm still truckin' along! I feel absolulety accomplished today as I ran for a total of 60 minutes and 25 seconds, (timed that well back to my driveway, eh!) I am assuming I got in my 5-Mile run. It was hot & humid so I am proud I just kept at it. StretchMax & the warm epson salt bath was on the schedule but since I was off today I decided to do the next workout and I'm also thinking of adding in StretchMax this afternoon as these ole legs sure could use it. That way I am caught up on a EXTRA day too if that makes sense? Everyone is doing great and Kathy, if you feel you need to do your weights, that's okay too. We need to listen to what is GOOD for US! Have FUN all.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

WOW! Great job, everybody! Keep up the excellent owrk during the weekend. I am planning on going straight thru the rotation, since yesterday was a rest for me, so Sunday will be a workout.

I am really looking forward to MIC. I haven't done it in a while and I'm curious to see how my stamina is at this point. It's a toughy!

You guys ROCK!

Gayle

Mic done and coremax done.I haven't done mic in awhile I am just not a morning cardio person I perfer to lift in the morning and do cardio in the evening but I knew that wouldn't happen today so I did it.

Thanks Terri for your concern & wanting me to stay in!! Your so sweet. I've come up with my own rotation incorporating pilates/yoga which I miss & need also + going back to my heavy wt. If I were to modify it too much which is what I would have to do, then I'm really not doing the rotation as Cathe has written it. Thanks again for your helpful suggestion its much appreciated. Rock on Terri!! Kathy:D

Hi Fitness Friends,

MIC and Core Max are done, wow, MIC is a great cardio, easy to follow but a calorie killer, this was my first time, but I like it.

Have a Fun Weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.