Athletic Hubby tries a Cathe DVD!!

This is hilarious and I just have to share it with Cathe and everyone. My hubby is VERY athletic and strong. People at work come to him seeking advice, is always the role model for good health, etc. Well, he's been trying to mix up his workouts so I suggested he try the High Step Challenge. Of course, I wanted to spy on him to see if he could actually do the workout. I was laughing hysterically! :D In the highest compliment, he was swearing because he couldn't finish doing the low-end squats - then I knew it was a tough workout for him! Then he got a phone call and was "relieved" he didn't have to finish the workout. Now, he's incorporating more of the DVD's to cross train with his heavy lifting. And now he knows that when I do a Cathe DVD, I'm working my butt off (literally!).

Terri

Great story Terri! My DH loves Cathe workouts and knows she is no walk in the park! Next time, be sure you take the phone off the hook! Ha!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Terri,
What a great story. My husband is too afraid to try her workouts. He has been going to the gym more frequently to "work up" to Cathe intensity. Thanks for sharing!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl:)

Yep... Cathe would be a challange for anyone I think.

For years, my husband kept trying to get me to do his ab workout and I told him I was perfectly happy with Cathe's and .08 minute Abs.

Well, he tried .08 minute Abs one day with me and he had to admit that he really felt it the next day...

Uh hum... one for the little wife.

;)

My husband watched gym style triceps and chest with me the other day, since I just got them for christmas. He was very shocked at her ability to do push ups and with how heavy she lifted. When I asked if he was going to try the work-out with me, he said "I can't keep up with her, there's no way I can do all those push-ups!". I suggested he do some on his knees, and lets just say he did not like that suggestion at all! Two days later I came home and must have snuck up on him, he was doing push ups in the living room. I guess he wanted to see how many he could do!

Sally

That is so funny, Teri!

Cathe can really whip us into shape!

I have been running some to cross train and yesterday I was doing my usual 3 miles.

I was about exhausted and was walking quickly to wind down when a young man (I live near a university) ran past me. He was huffing and puffing.

Poor guy had his heart monitor and music attached.

Suddenly, I grew "Devil Horns" }( and decided to show him up.

We were going uphill and I left the poor bloke in the dust. I did turn around and do the High 5 to him though!

I guess it is humbling when a 52 year old woman can out sprint a kid!

And it's all due to Cathe!

How funny is that. My hubby will not even try Cathe. My sister in law did KPC and said she was in aw. She understands why I love her workouts so much. Maybe my husband will work up to it also.

I still remember Cathe commenting at the Road Trip how everyone was in such great shape. When I replied it was mostly because of HER, she seemed a bit surprised.

I love stories like yours, Terri and Amy!:)

That is too funny. My DH has verbalized that he plans to lose weight this year. He says that every year, but he actually has started exercising which I am so surprised. He has been walking on the treadmill. I have always tried to get him to do Cathe, but he says that is for "girls". After he walks for about a few weeks, I am going to try to convince him to my girly workouts a try and see if thinks they are so girly after all.

Loved these posts! I think my husband doesn't DARE to do Cathe. He appreciates what Cathe does and looks like, and me TOO for that matter. He KNOWS I work my butt of all the time! Meanwhile, he does treadmill when he has time. (He's not overweight anyway)

But my plan is to have the muscle definition by swimsuit weather that will make his jaw drop! (Insert evil witch laugh!)}(

Cheers to you all and have a happy healthy New Year! Just got my Cathe calendar which helps inspire me every morning!

Thanks Cathe for everything you do for us! (In fact, I'm ending my gym membership this year since I workout at home with you and the Crew)!

My husband will do MM with me, but only tried KPC once. No way could he finish it! He calls Cathe the "workout Nazi", but that's definitely a compliment.
Paula

That's funny. My husbands' boss asked my husband if we had any extra exercise DVD's that he could have. I happened to have 2 DVD's of cardio hits because I had bought one individually and bought it again later in a DVD bundle, so I gave one to him. He was impressed with how challenging the exercises were.
Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.