Are all the workouts in Xtrain going to be new or are you reusing material for some?

I've never been on any of those fitness forums and don't plan on it.

I wouldn't have thought anything like that about XTRAIN, I just know that I am excited about it.

I think at this stage Cathe knows what her fan base likes and they seek to improve something with each video production.

Thank SNM for explaining it, I'm not worries about it b/c you all do excellent work :)

I didn't have any worries either, as I preordered the minute we could! I just was asking, thats all! I also LOVE STS and have no issues with it!

I love Cathe and her workouts!!

Denise

Some people over at VF (thankfully NOT a member) also like to bash on Cathe for a plethora of reasons, mostly invalid, I think just to find something to do with themselves. Long and the short, I wouldn't hold anything anyone says at VF about Cathe with but a tiny grain of salt. I've done some google searches for DVD info and VF pops up from time to time. What a venomous place.

Oh my, what a statement! There are plenty of members here who also are members there (some of whom are participating in this thread) and they aren't "venomous" about Cathe or any other instructors for that matter. Don't see the need for your negativity, since it doesn't add to the discussion and doesn't promote a positive atmosphere here at all!

I did see the OPs question asked elsewhere, and I believe it was just that---a question---since STS did use some repeat footage among the various DVDs so it was reasonable to ask. I didn't see any bad intention there, but I also wasn't looking for it.

Oh My!

;)

LIke I said I am thankfully not a member there. I've seen too many conversation when hunting for DVD info that went over board. If you've "never" seen any of the negative conversations, consider yourself lucky. I've seen MAJOR Cathe bashing, bashing of people that prefer one type of fitness over another, and even some nasty comments made about other instructors (ie calling a Barre Instructor "slutty").

Really, I'm not being negative, I am pointing out what I've seen. If you think I'm negative, ignore me. But I refuse to keep quiet simply because I wasn't PC enough for your personal view points. We are all individuals here and most of us are long time Cathe fans. I was simply stating what I've seen and it wasn't pretty. In fact, it WAS nasty and I'm embarrassed for those that think they, grown women, can act in such a way. I've found some great reviews but I've also found some of the conversations to be overly caddy and quite immature. If you are bothered by me stating my viewpoint, please feel free to ignore what I have to say.

BTW, it DOES add to the conversation. I was on topic for both. You just didn't agree with me. For the record, having a different opinion doesn't equate to being off topic. This but also, I never questioned why she asked the question. I thought it was a good question and worth asking. As someone that liked STS, I too was curious about repeat footage. "I did see the OPs question asked elsewhere, and I believe it was just that---a question---since STS did use some repeat footage among the various DVDs so it was reasonable to ask. I didn't see any bad intention there, but I also wasn't looking for it." This whole conversation post really didn't apply to me other than to try and chastise me. That was out in left field somewhere. You were negative and assumed I was stating something I never did.

Last edited:
Oh My!

;)

LIke I said I am thankfully not a member there. I've seen too many conversation when hunting for DVD info that went over board. If you've "never" seen any of the negative conversations, consider yourself lucky. I've seen MAJOR Cathe bashing, bashing of people that prefer one type of fitness over another, and even some nasty comments made about other instructors (ie calling a Barre Instructor "slutty").

Really, I'm not being negative, I am pointing out what I've seen. If you think I'm negative, ignore me. But I refuse to keep quiet simply because I wasn't PC enough for your personal view points. We are all individuals here and most of us are long time Cathe fans. I was simply stating what I've seen and it wasn't pretty. In fact, it WAS nasty and I'm embarrassed for those that think they, grown women, can act in such a way. I've found some great reviews but I've also found some of the conversations to be overly caddy and quite immature. If you are bothered by me stating my viewpoint, please feel free to ignore what I have to say.

BTW, it DOES add to the conversation. I was on topic for both. You just didn't agree with me. For the record, having a different opinion doesn't equate to being off topic. This but also, I never questioned why she asked the question. I thought it was a good question and worth asking. As someone that liked STS, I too was curious about repeat footage. "I did see the OPs question asked elsewhere, and I believe it was just that---a question---since STS did use some repeat footage among the various DVDs so it was reasonable to ask. I didn't see any bad intention there, but I also wasn't looking for it." This whole conversation post really didn't apply to me other than to try and chastise me. That was out in left field somewhere. You were negative and assumed I was stating something I never did.

I am a member of VF and yes there are some Cathe bashers over there but we are not all like that. But I do have to say that your post sounds alot like those Cathe bashers over at VF. I do as you say "If you are bothered by me stating my viewpoint, please feel free to ignore what I have to say."

There is alot of useful information at VF and some very nice women over there. When you are in a community of people you get all kinds, nice to not so nice that have verying opinions on some things and some of them have very strong opinions. I am not going to let that stop me from frequenting or supporting that forum.

That being said I am looking forward to this new series! I just bought the last 2 newest of Cathes and I love them even thou they are way too hard for me! LOL

Oh My!

;)

I agree with you. The Cathe bashing over at VF is over the top. They seem to go out of their way to find something wrong with Cathe-the presale is too long, its too short, the workouts are too hard, their too easy. There was one thread that was so bad I had asked the admin to remove it, but they would not.

I agree with you. The Cathe bashing over at VF is over the top. They seem to go out of their way to find something wrong with Cathe-the presale is too long, its too short, the workouts are too hard, their too easy. There was one thread that was so bad I had asked the admin to remove it, but they would not.

And that's what I've seen. It seemed to be a contest of who can be the rudest while still waving the "I'm just saying" flag as if that negates anything distasteful that was stated. I've made it a point to not join general forums for that reason alone. I stick to the instructor forums but those are fading away with the advent of Facebook. I'm just glad this one hasn't closed down and gone the way of others.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.