April 2011 Jogglers

Jane - At least you had time for a workout! How was your 10.5k run? Hope you didn't trip on anything!

Alisha - We were in Vegas. Our hotel was way on the other side of the Stratosphere, so we walked from there to the strip all the way to The Palazzo before we had to turn around and get back in time to change and go to dinner.

Hope you got your QC done! Wow, what a task! That's a lot of review work! How was your joggle?

We did the rest of the strip on Thursday, but it was uber windy! Gusts were up to 60-65 mph! It was enough to almost fly us off the walkways when we'd get to the top! The wind would blow so hard that as you picked up your foot to move it, the wind would blow it out from under you! It was quite the challenge at times! We did manage to walk the rest of the strip though! We flew back on Friday. Had to be up at 4 a.m. as our flight was at 6:20 a.m. So glad to be home with my babies! Rested today because we didn't sleep either night. By the time we went to bed, it was time to get up East Coast time anyway! Going to relax until I start STS on Monday! Gotta get up enough rest and energy for that!

Hope all has been going well for everyone here!

Hi Lisa!

Happy Sundog!!

Tricia- I enjoyed yesterday's workout. I'm not actually done with QC because I have been baby sitting my Dad because he is having a gout attack. He is a big baby.

I did not get last night's yoga in. I might do some Yoga today. I have to actually wake up, get dressed and go downstairs to work on the computer. I would rather rest. I get to bake a batch of ginger snap molasses cookies for a friend of my mother that framed her painting the other day. The cookies are payment for matt cutting.

I plan to go for a joggle tomorrow morning,

Alisha

I did not get to the race yesterday. :( The race was about 2 1/2 hours away. We left the house with an extra hour to spare but hit a massive traffic jam on I-75. We crawled for over an hour going 7-10/mph sometimes we were at a complete standstill. We thought it was because of an accident even though it was only a fender bender but the traffic was still bad. Then we started to hit the construction signs and that the left lane was closed up ahead pushing everyone into the 2 other lanes. I couldn't believe the traffic until we figured out that it was the end of the spring break and everyone that was in Florida were driving home (there seemed to be tons of cars from Michigan). At the 45 minute mark to race time, we realized that we weren't going to make the start. We still had 30 miles to go and were still at the 7-10/mph pace so we got off the next exit (which took us forever) and headed back home. :mad::mad::mad:

In any case I did workout when I got home and did the following workout.

100 Jump Rope
20 Lunges (10/10)
100 Jump Rope
20 Sit ups
100 Jump Rope
20 Swings
100 Jump Rope
20 Push ups
100 Jump Rope
20 Military Presses
100 Jump Rope
20 Squat Thrusts
100 Jump Rope
20 Squats
100 Jump Rope
20 Upright Rows

This morning I got up and did my 8 mile run.

Tricia ~ Glad to hear that you are back home.

Alisha ~ Hope your dad feels better. Gout sucks!!! I'm trying to think of what I can do for you so I can get some molasses cookies.

Hi Lisa!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Jane!!!I am so sorry that happened to you! :(:(

I was up last night with some sort of GI bug so I will get my joggle and CCC this afternoon. Its nice and sunny.

Hi everybody, welcome to Monday.

Alisha

Thanks Alisha! I hope you feel better today.

Tonight I did Cathe's High Reps - Upper Body portion and the ab section of Kick, Punch and Crunch.

I'm glad Monday is over. Hope everyone had a great start to the work week.

Hi Tricia and Lisa.

Jane - How awful! That must have really be aggravating since you paid the race fees and everything! So sorry! At least you got a nice workout in!

Alisha - Hope you Dad is doing better! Those cookies sound yummy! Hope you're feeling better today too and got your workout in!

I did my first STS workout tonight! Wow! Ow! Ow! lol The 50 minute workout took me over an hour to complete! It's all the pausing to switch weight plates, move the mat, chair, step around, etc. I don't know how they do it on the DVD! They must cut a lot of it. I just don't see how they can get it all moved and switched that fast. I sure can't! I also have to switch gloves a lot. I was starving after and now I'm just tired! lol

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow! Stephen has his meeting at University of Connecticut tomorrow and a phone interview for a job at a gaming company called Agora in upstate New York somewhere. Wednesday is the big one! Wednesday's interview is the one we want to go very well! It's an investment banking job in Boston. Please keep sending those good vibes!

Hi Lisa!

Hi again Jane! You posted while I was still writing! My Monday was okay. Didn't have that big pile of work I expected from being gone. It's going to be a long week!

I skipped CCC and just did a stretch max. I plan on some Shiva Rae before lunch and late in the afternoon will be either a Classic or one of the Cardio Hits. I am spending the day with QC on my DVDs. I got through half of them yesterday, after that I get to print out the indexes for all of them. Tomorrow will be another joggle, I have to get myself up in the AM because its starting to be warm in the afternoons. I'm waking up but I just don't want to work out right away. I think this is time for the 'self discipline', I need an alarm clock that says "Work Work!" Cathe should make us an app for that!:eek::D

Tricia- My Dad is getting better, but he dosen't like how he feels on prednisone.

I don't know how they get a workout in just 50 minutes either. I often find myself putting a disc on pause with circuits just to get my gear.

I will be keeping Stephen in my thoughts.

Jane- hey, Monday is a memory now, its Tuesday!!!

You've got your hands full, Alisha! I wish I could say it's too hot to workout in the afternoons. It's better right now - in the 60s, but we're cooling down again! Sigh, I really hate the up and down of spring temps!

I would love a Cathe alarm! That would be totally awesome! Maybe we can get her to make one?

My mom used to hate having to be on prednisone, too. She was on steroids longterm when she was younger. Awful! Glad he's better!

Well, tonight it's Turbo Fire Fire30! I'm so looking forward to these! I tried out a couple of them, but haven't done them all. That's what I'm doing with my STS rotation! Excited! Afterwards, its Ab Hits #1. Going through all of those then STS Abs and I can run the whole ab cycle one more time to the end of the rotation!

Thanks for the good thoughts! This is pretty much it. If he gets no good news this week, it's probably back in the military.

Hi Jane and Lisa! Cindi, we're still thinking of you!

Hiya!

I took a rest day yesterday. I'm going running tonight after work. It's a beautiful day!!!

Tricia ~ Sending positive vibes to your hubby that things will work out for his highest good!

No worries on the race. I figure everything happens for a reason and usually the entrance fee goes to a good cause.

The one thing that bothered me in STS was how slow it went. That's why I love High Reps. It moves along at a good pace.

Have fun with Turbo Fire!!

Alisha ~ My mom liked being on prednisone. It totally made her wired but she only took it while was dealing with the side effects from chemo (for her gout). It really made her feel better but I could imagine it would be awful for a "normal" person. (hope that makes sense).

Hi Lisa!!

I think I'm going for a 3 mile hike. I forgot to wash my sports bra:eek: so no jogging. I might get to run tomorrow.

My Mom was up all night with flu symptoms. We were supposed to go into San Francisco tomorrow but thats off now.

Jane- Enjoy your run! I don't think Dad minds it too much. I mind it more than he does cause he gets the munchies something awful and forgets that he has eaten, even if there is food in his mouth!

Tricia- Thats a good plan, using TF and all those Ab hits to make a great rotation.

Alisha

Jane - Meso 1 seems to move along at a good clip! I have to pause a lot! lol But I know what you mean! P90X moves pretty fast! You'd like it! I'm gonna have to get High Reps! Sounds like a great one! Enjoy your run! I'm glad you're having some beautiful weather! We have rain, but it's going to clear overnight and hit 60 tomorrow! Woo-hoo!

Alisha - Hope you had a nice hike today! Sorry your mom is feeling badly! I hope she's better really soon!

Well, Stephen went to UConn yesterday for interviews. He left early to meet with a friend of his who lives out that way. His interviews started at 3 p.m. He didn't get home until 10:30 p.m.! They had a whole schedule set for him, then took him to dinner. The rain was really bad in Connecticut, so it took him longer to get home.

Today, he left at 6 a.m. for interviews in Boston, then to classes tonight. He's exhausted!

Well, he already heard back from UConn and they accepted him! Yippee! So, all else fails, he's got a spot in the PhD program there! I'm so glad! This was his last chance! Out of 13 applications, this was the only acceptance. It's such a competitive field! Now, we wait. He interviewed with four more of the main guys at a firm in Boston this morning from 8 a.m. until noon.

Thank you for all your positive energy! Keep sending it because this job would be ultimate! It's in investment banking which is also highly competitive and can do wonders for his career!

At least we have a plan now! I feel like the weight of the world has just lifted off my shoulders!

Have a great night you guys!

Tricia- Thats so exciting! Getting accepted into a PHD is so hard, you must be so proud of Stephen, but with him being so busy you barely have a chance to tell him.:D

I am sending <<hes got the job>>> vibes right now.

My hike was great. It was sunny and so very cold My butt hurts today. When I hike, I go for more hills than when I'm running. Today is a yoga day. My Mom is feeling better, she snuck off to work when I was sleeping. I woke up, and she was gone.

Dad seems to be doing better. We only have a couple of days of prednisone left. Apparently, there is a world wide prednisone shortage and we got the last 18 pills available. He is thinking about ordering some from the Canadians online, but I think you must be Canadian!

I'm going to apply to a Senior Assisted Living company called Eskaton. They have several locations close by and have posted job openings.

Alisha

Alisha - Thanks so much for both your congrats and the good vibes! He actually got a call back today. They want him to come back in tomorrow to meet with another of the Managing Directors. This one lives in NY and works from there. I hope this is the day they make him an offer!

So glad both your mom and dad are better! What is up with all the drug shortages? I think it's manipulation by the drug companies.

Keep me posted on your job hunt! Wishing you the best of luck!

Did TurboFire HIIT 15 today. What an awesome workout! It was short, but great! Only 139 calories today, but I'm trying to focus on the intensity more than the calories burned. I should make up a lot of calories tomorrow! It's leg day! I also did Ab Hits #2. My abs were still sore today from Monday's ab workout! lol

Hi Lisa and Jane!

Hi Everyone,

Here is my workout from tonight. It was short and to the point.

80 Squats
40 Swings
20 Pull ups
64 Squats
32 Swings
16 Pull ups
50 Squats
24 Swings
12 Pull ups
32 Squats
16 Swings
8 Pull Ups
16 Squats
6 Swings
4 Pull ups

Tomorrow we take mom to see her new oncologist in Gainesville. The one she was seeing moved to Atlanta. So no work for me tomorrow but I still have to be up early tomorrow morning.

Tricia ~ Congrats to Stephen. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well tomorrow. Yay!!

Alisha ~ I'm glad Dad is getting better. Best of luck on your job hunt.

Hi Lisa.

Hope everyone has a great day!

FunDay!

Welcome to your very own FunDay!! I'm all dressed and ready to make it a RunDay! Its going to be a fun one!:D After my run its 25 min. of yoga with Desi. Tomorrow will be Step Blast. In the morning I have my first LSAT prep class. I don't know that I'm actually going to get my JD, but this is the first step, and we all know I like step;)

Jane- Looks like a good workout.

Tricia- <<He's got the job>>>

Cindi, Lisa and everybody else, whose bag of cheesy poofs is this???:eek::p

Jane - Great workout as usual! I hope your mom's appointment goes well!

Alisha - How was your RunDay? Was it as much of a FunDay as you expected? I really hope so! Wow, going for your JD? Good luck to you! Love the step reference!

Well, you know that's not MY bag of cheesy poofs! Fess up you cheesy poof monster, whoever you are . . .

Well, Stephen went for the 3rd interview and they did not make him an immediate offer. :( He didn't hear anything the rest of the day either. :confused: Now we wait. He did send his thank you e-mail right after getting home. He let them know he had a deadline of Wednesday because he had another offer and they want to know by then. He did not tell them it was for a PhD. Let them think it's another job.

I'm really hoping that he gets good news on Monday!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts! Keep them coming through the weekend and I'll let you all know what ends up happening. There will be a decision at the very latest by Wednesday.

I'm taking my rest day today. I'll do legs tomorrow.

Have a fabulous night and enjoy the weekend!

Wow...it was a long day today. Up at 5am out of the house by 6:30 got to mom's appointment in time and was home by 3:00pm. Mom's appointment went well and she got a clean bill of health. She doesn't have to go back until October.

Here's my workout from today. I was tired but I got it done. The weather was nice...not too hot and a nice breeze.

5 Rounds
150 Jump Rope
20 Ball Slams
20 Sit ups
20 Swings
Run 200m

Tricia ~ I'll keep the good and positive vibes flowing through the weekend! Enjoy your rest day.

Alisha ~ Hope you had a fun run day!! Have a great time at your class tomorrow.

Have a great night!

Hi ladies,
I know its been forever since I've posted and I can't remember all my workouts. I'm working out five days a week and walking or walking/running 5-6 days a week. I have been wearing my pedometer and have racked up several 15,000 step days. This morning I did STS Full body.

Tricia - Congratulations on the acceptance to UConn!! Woot woot!! So excited for you both :) I have my fingers crossed for the job offer too.

Alisha - Good luck with the LSAT class and the job application.

Jane - Glad your mom is doing okay and great workout as usual.

Lisa

Jane - So glad for the good report on your mom! Kudos to you for getting in a workout after such a long day!

Lisa - That's great that you're getting so much of your fitness in every day! That's a lot of walking/running, too!

Thank you for the good vibes and wishes! We're really hoping for excellent news, but it won't come until Tuesday. Stephen got an e-mail saying they wouldn't make a decision until then. He has to give UConn a definite answer on Wednesday, so it's going to be cutting it close!

I did STS Legs today! Oh, boy! I had forgotten how hard it was! About halfway through I started getting a bit woozie. I had a good breakfast, so I wasn't quite sure why. It was chilly today so I know it's not because it was hot in the house. I just slowed things down and paused between every couple of exercises. I made it through the whole workout, including the bonus! Ouch!

It's Turbo Fire Fire 55 EZ, I think, though there's nothing easy about these workouts! Hope my legs aren't too sore tomorrow!

Have a terrific night!

I skipped yesterday's workout. I'm going for a joggle this morning. Yesterday's class was scary hard. The LSAT is an IQ test. I don't do well on those kinds of exams, hence the prep course. Afterwards, my brains hurt. So, this means I have to shift my rotation around, because I don't think I'm going to workout after these classes.

Lisa-Thats a lot of steps!

Jane-Yippee!! Your Mom is doing well!:D

Tricia- I sure hope Stephen gets the job.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.