anyone who is getting the 4 day split series

Kimenem

Cathlete
I like to work out 5x per week if time allows so I'm wondering how to fit that in with the new 4 day series. I'd like to follow it for at least a month or two and am thinking maybe on day 5, a good interval or circuit workout would work. I do like to work legs 2x per week but rather than adding a leg weight workout for day 5, do you all think the constant leg work from the daily cardio plus the 1 day of leg weight work would suffice? Has anyone else thought about this? Thanks!!

Kim

I would do pure cardio on day 5, like the interval workout you suggest. You could also do a circuit workout, but put a day in between the 4-day split and the circuit, so you won't be working some muscle group two days in a row (like do 4-day split days 1-4, take day 5 off, do a circuit on day 6, and take day 7 off).

As for the leg workouts: there are two step workouts that will work the legs to some extent, and the Boot Camp workout has plyos in, which also work the legs, so the leg workout from 4-day split might be enough. YMMV, though, so try it one week without and see if you feel like you need another leg workout in there (if you do a circuit workout, it will include leg work as well).

I agree that until you get them and preview them, you really can't decide how you are going to use them and rotate them. Once you've previewed them, as well as the premixes, you'll be more prepared and better able to figure out the best way to use them. From reading Cathe's descriptions, though, I would think that a straight cardio workout would be the best fit with the 4-day split.

Another thought is to see what rotation Cathe creates for the new workouts. She usually creates a rotation with her new workouts the month after they come out.

I didn't know Cathe might create a rotation. That would be AWESOME. Thanks for the suggestions though. I should probably view them first, I'm just so excited!

With all the weight work in the 4 days plit, adding a circuit day might be overkill. But if you want to do it, then yes, as Kathryn says, leave day 5 as pure cardio and put the circuit for day 6. The alternative is to do the three tapes that include upper body work on day 1, 2 and 3, do the workout that includes legs on day 4 and then do a circuit workout but exclude exercises that work the legs again as they will have been worked the previous day. Then, if you want to work legs again, make it a day 6 workout, or include legs again to some degree on day 1 or 2.

The best option for your 5th cardio day is either a sustained steady state cardio of your choice or an interval cardio workout, again of the cardio type of your choice: step, elliptical, treadmill, etc.

With 5 days of cardio, I personally think that weight training the legs specifically is only necessary once per week.

Clare

Yes, I was wondering if Cathe might be putting together a rotation with them after they come out! I think that I'll be so excited to use the new workouts that I'll follow Cathe's rotation to the "T"!

LeanneM

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.