Anyone using the Iron Gym?

jane_grace

Cathlete
I'm so excited STS will be here, soon, and I'd like to be sure I have all the equipment. Is anyone using the Iron Gym for pullups? Is it wide enough?
Cheers,
Jane

I'm so excited STS will be here, soon, and I'd like to be sure I have all the equipment. Is anyone using the Iron Gym for pullups? Is it wide enough?
Cheers,
Jane

I got it for Christmas, but, haven't opened the box yet! I do plan to use it;)

It is a solid piece of equipment and comfortable. My only problem is that I have 8' doors! I need a stool or more like step stool to reach it!

thanks for the feedback! The price looks good and I'm just tickled about not having to screw anything into the door jamb or use pressure.

Maybe I should pick it up so I can do at least 1 by the time the DVDs arrive ;-)
Jane

I got the iron gym a few weeks ago. I love it! I ordered some bands from ebay for assisted pull ups. I had to put the iron gym on a narrower door than my home gym door. My home gym door is wider so equipment can go in and out easily. I think it will work great. I got mine from Bed, Bath, Beyond with their $10 off coupon.

Does anyone know if you can buy that pull up bar that Cathe shows on the STS dvd's? The one that you can do pull ups with your legs on the floor.

Thank you, Mary, do you know if Cathe will sell it? I want it! I really think I can work up to a pull up with that.

Pauline

I think SNM/Cathe will be selling it... that's my understanding. I want one myself - not only for pullups but they are also using it for bench presses. I think I will get the Iron Gym in the meantime.

For those of you who have been using Iron gym or similar for awhile - is it really safe to use over a door frame? Most of our doors have bevelled trim, and I'm worried that the pressure will damage either the trim or else the sheet rock.

I haven't been using mine for long at all, but also have nice trim etc around the door. There is a lot of pressure on it but the places that come into contact with the trip are fully padded with a very cushiony foam, so it looks like it will be ok. I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has used it for awhile just to make sure!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.