Anyone use Jillian Michaels Online Program?

Boingo1

Cathlete
I saw the ad in Sunday's Parade magazine, and decided to try it. You get her book, Master Your Metabolism, for free ($4.95 S&H) and a subscription to her online program for free for 2 weeks. And then if you don't cancel and want to continue, they charge you $4 a week. I am planning on cancelling! but wonder if anyone else uses it and what they think.

I really just wanted the book :eek:

I used it for about 4 weeks last year but then cancelled. It is expensive. If you like lots of recipe suggestions this is good, but as someone who doesn't really like to cook I didn't get a lot out of it. Other free sites provide a similar service.

You do need to cancel on time if you don't want to continue the service. I cancelled one day late (oops) and ended up paying for an additional month.

I still get daily e-mails from Jillian, which I enjoy (and they don't cost anything).

Stebby

Oh good idea on sending myself a reminder to cancel!

I love new recipes and love to cook. so I'll keep it for the free weeks, but don't want to pay $4 a week for recipes (like you said, they are free every where else).

I didn't do the meal plan or the exercise plan - I found out the recipes were from eatingwell.com and you can get those for free. I thought the support network from the forums would be good for me - however I found the forums quite difficult to navigate and Jillian herself never seems to go on them although she does have a blog on there which she occasionally updates. Overall, I thought it was too expensive, trying to find articles or information was difficult and I found it easier to just consult Jillian's books and so I didn't renew my membership.

Just my two pennies worth!

Josie :)

Yep, I looked around the website today. I already use sparkpeople, so the nutrition stuff isn't so interesting. I did do the little "quiz" that tells me what my percentages should be. Interesting, and possibly helpful. I'll definitely cancel at the end of or before the 2 weeks is up. I'm really looking forward to the book though!

I used her website for a number of months, but found that most everything on there I could get for free elsewhere. I don't think it is good value for the money being charged.

LOL - I did the exact same thing as you! I ordered the book, got a bunch of recipes and canceled today. There really wasn't anything great about her member only site worth paying for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.