Anyone use Craigslist?

melagras

Cathlete
Do any of you use Craigslist? I've got some items to sell that are too large to sell on E-Bay (shipping charges would be out of sight). I normally wouldn't use their site due to all the horror stories I've heard from co-workers but the police dept in my town allows sellers to use their lobby to complete the transaction.

I've bought & sold over 100 items on Craigslist including a boat for my FIL. Never had an issue. What type of horror stories? :oops: Where do you live? I have only had people not turn up to look at the items.
95% of my weights/fitness gear was bought used on CL. DH just got a ski machine this month.

I haven't sold/bought anything in about a year. But in my listings I always require the person interested to respond by stating the city they live in. This deters most of the spammers, and if they do respond and don't include their city/town I know they aren't legitimate. Before I did that, I received many responses from spammers.

I've bought & sold over 100 items on Craigslist including a boat for my FIL. Never had an issue. What type of horror stories? :oops: Where do you live? I have only had people not turn up to look at the items.
95% of my weights/fitness gear was bought used on CL. DH just got a ski machine this month.

I live just outside of Jackson, MS. One incident that I remember was a couple sold a diamond ring and got robbed at gunpoint. A lady I worked with always had weirdos contacting her.

I live just outside of Jackson, MS. One incident that I remember was a couple sold a diamond ring and got robbed at gunpoint. A lady I worked with always had weirdos contacting her.

Melagras, I don't use Craigslist but wanted to say hello because I live in Jackson, MS. Nice to know there is at least one other Cathlete in the state! :)

Is what you're selling fitness related? I might be interested! :D

I'd say definitely use your local PD as a meeting place if allowed. Much safer.

Have you considered using your local Buy, Sell, Trade facebook group? I've had success with that. Just do a search on facebook for buy sell trade and see if you can find your local group.

Yeah, I'd say if you are scared about selling anything worth quite a bit to definitely use the local PD, since it has been made available. I have not bought or sold jewelry on CL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.