Anyone try PB2?

Yes I love PB2. I find peanut butter so addicting that i could eat 1/2 a jar at one sitting and was very relieved to find this healthy, low calorie/ fat alternative. I add it to greek yogurt/ cottage cheese and cereals for that peanut butter flavor. Not as good as a spread on toast but I'm not much of a grains person anyway. In Canada I purchase it on-line through low carb grocery.

For me it tastes a little like spit up. : )

Sarah, I couldn't quite put my finger on how to describe how PB2 tastes to me personally...this is it! I've used it in cereals, greek yogurt, and well, it did taste (and smell) like baby spit up. :( I've seen it all over the blog world and had such high hopes, but I just haven't found a use for it that I have enjoyed.

For now, I'm sticking with real natural PB, with all its other health benefits. Nut butters are not a trigger food for me (I know they can be for some), which is also a consideration.

I like the the plain in shakes and homemade protein bars, but I prefer the chocolate flavor mixed as peanut butter.

Thanks so much for the replies everyone :).

The reason why I have been interested is because I saw this vid on youtube where the bodybuilder makes homemade protein PB cups and uses PB2. Before that, I never even knew PB2 existed :eek:. Here is the link:
How To Make Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - YouTube
*Be warned* he uses profanity which some might find offensive and inappropriate.

Last edited:
Here is a not-so-healthy cooking secret for you: Use PB2 in your peanut butter cookies. OMG, it really amps the peanut butter flavor. People always want to know my recipe - it is the standard 1:1 peanut butter cookies (peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda, salt) but I add the PB2. :eek: Okay, now I am hungry for peanut butter cookies!

I love it in my chocolate protein shakes or my meal replacement shakes! It is yummy. I did try making a sandwich with it by adding water to it and no not good. I also tried bettern butter but to runny so I added some bp2 powder to it it was ok not like the real stuff. But I do love bp2 in my shakes !!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.