Anyone else struggle with VPL?

FitGirl-ATX

Cathlete
Hi all!!

Sorry if this is too much information, but I thought I'd just throw this question out there after having suffered from this phenomenon myself (er, occassionally)...the infamous VPL. I have a few good workout bottoms that hide them, which I definitely try to wear when I'm teaching or working with a client. But, I absolutely HATE them - for myself and for others.

So, any advice on the following:
1) Good brands/cuts of undies that are less vpl-prone? - I'm not good with thongs or boy cut shorts. I tend to opt for bikini cut or hipsters. I've also had VPL's with 'seamless' undies.

2) Good brands of workout bottoms that conceal VPL

I hope to get a good discussion going (albeit a tad bit embarassing). I know that I'm not the only one who is VPL-prone - LOL :)

**edited to say: VPL = visible panty lines**

Thanks,
Fitgirl-ATX

Last edited:
I'm guessin the PL means panty lines but I don't know what the V means?

I would like to know what other people do about this too. I usually go with thongs but I'd love it if there was another option.

Hi Lala1,

Thanks for the suggestion. I always forget about VS. I usually think they are too pretty to workout in, but i guess they do make cotton, non-thong panties..

I'll check this out!

When I work out, I go commando, so nope, don't have that problem, LOL!
If I would for any reason wear undies under my workout pants, I'd go for boy shorts (which I think show less than others---or at least the lines show in a different place that one doesn't expect them to be, so they're less noticeable).

Yeah, I can't imagine wearing panties with my workout pants. I'd constantly have a wedgie and wouldn't get anything done. I wear the champion C9 bootcut workout pants from Target and they are thick enough to feel totally comfortable going...without. ;)

Ditto! I felt kinda funny at first going commando...but now I can't imagine it any other way :D A constant wedgie does not sound fun to me lol

I have never worn undies with my workout clothes! I can't imagine (personally speaking, of course) why anyone would unless you're wearing maybe thin capris or something like that. Victoria's Secret has a new line of "lineless" panties you might want to check out. Don't know how good they are at what they proclaim, but I do love VS's stuff!

Wendy, that's what I was wondering too. I suffer from the proverbial "ct" and there is no way I could go commando with workout pants! I even feel self-concious when I wear my Old Navy yoga pants out in public:eek: Good thing I work out at home most of the time! I will be checking out those Victoria's Secret panties:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.