Anyone else not feel sorry for...

At the very beginning of this show, Jon lost his job just before his wife delivered. They were living hand to mouth until this came along. I think anyone given the chance to provide security for their kids would do it!

The file crew is there for 2 or 3 days a week. The kids see this as their normal! I think with a family that size and a limited income, you strike while the iron is hot.

I think the trouble arose because Kate suddenly grew into this job and loved it while he stayed home as house husband.

A marriage is a commitment. I think it should be worked on by both. Life is about adapting and that includes your marriage.

What really bothers me is that there are no laws for children and reality television. They have no say..which is just plain wrong. Peggy

Jon did quit his job two seasons ago to be home with the kids, he was not fired
He was fired from the job he held when Kate was pregnant. They , the Gosslings, went to court to fight it but lost. He then had a second job but then worked for a friend.

Jon Gosselin didn't leave his job to be a stay-at-home dad, as he claimed on the season premiere of "Jon & Kate Plus Eight." Gosselin's old boss, David Rothermel, says Jon Gosselin was fired for misuing company resources.

True, there should be laws to protect the kids portion of the earnings. If they were members of SAG the laws would apply to them. I think a court should appoint a financial guardian for them.

I've never watched a single episode of this show. Reading your comments about Jo and Kate make me glad I don't. Wow. Sounds like a train wreck.

My vote: Not sorry for the adults

This stuff about doing this to support the kids future is crap.
IF SHE DIDN'T GET TONS OF COSMETIC SURGERY AND BUY A $1MILLION HOME, THE FIRST 2 SEASONS WOULD HAVE PAID FOR THE FUTURE.
I would bet they have very little in savings by the way she spends. She is trying to be a diva, plain and simple.

What really bothers me is that there are no laws for children and reality television. They have no say..which is just plain wrong. Peggy

I was watching "The View" yesterday, and because it "reality TV", they can skirt around the laws. It was an interesting discussion about them and the kids.

I've never watched the show, but I've seen clips on "Talk Soup" and elsewhere.

I have no sympathy or empathy for people who pimp themselves out on "reality tv" (or people who have too many kids).

If you see previews for the upcoming shows, they look pretty happy to me, maybe it is all a trick toget us to watch. In the new People Jon and kate are both visiting the American Chopper people, umm wonder if they'll get a free bike.

Also I heard somewhere they have 39 episodes left on their contract (don't quote me on this), but leave the kids out of it. Wonder what they'll think years from now when they get to watch all this.

I've never watched the show, but I've seen clips on "Talk Soup" and elsewhere.

I have no sympathy or empathy for people who pimp themselves out on "reality tv" (or people who have too many kids).

Kate was only pregnant twice. First, with twins, then they wanted just ONE more but they ended up with 7, but lost one during the pregnancy and had 6 at birth. They did not opt for selective reduction or whatever it is called. So it wasn't like they planned from the beginning to have 8 kids. It was just the card they were dealt. I don't think they want people to feel sympathy necessarily for them for having the kids...

Kate's tummy tuck was free. The wife of a plastic surgeon was watching the show and felt sorry for her so her asked her husband to do it for her. She tried to get breast augmentation but he felt she didn't need it.

I feel sorry for anyone whose marriage flounders, whether it's a member of my family, someone I see in the grocery store, or a couple in the public eye. When those vows are said, having that loving relationship end in divorce is not what anyone envisions.

I don't watch the show, but I think it's sad when such a situation plays out in the public. I would like to finally see some executive put his/her financial interests aside and act with integrity and cancel this show. I heard yesterday that Octomom has now signed to do a show....I'm sure millions of people will tune in to watch this trainwreck as well. I feel very sorry for all of these children.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.