Anyone else having problems streaming Live?

Hi,

I downloaded the app that you mentioned. It opens and shows on the TV, however, it does not appear that it is recognized by my iPad for some reason.

The instructions say to: "while it is installing, go to Settings, turn on wi-fi and connect to the Chromecast option" I do not get this option. Also it says to "open the Chromecast app, which at this point should have automatically located and connected to the device" apparently this has not happened. :(

On the TV screen it says "tap on video link below the browser to start casting. Sometimes it is necessary to play the video before it gets discovered"

There is no Chromecast icon on the video in the browser.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Hi fox2star,

Here are some instructions for two apps that you can use, including the one I told you about yesterday. I'm also including instructions for MomoCast, which might be simpler for you.

The app I mentioned yesterday is Video & TV Cast for Chromecast.

I'm assuming your Chromecast is already connected to your local network since you are able to view some videos on your Samsung phone. You shouldn't have to do anything in addition to use your iPad.

On your iPad... First, launch the Video & TV Cast for Chromecast app. Second, go to your Chrome browser and go to Cathe Live at https://cathe.com/stream/ and log in and then select Cathe Live. Third, select the Cathe Live video you want to play, and click Play. Fourth, you should see the video on your TV. (There is no Chromecast icon in this app...it automatically detects it)

The second app I'd suggest is MomoCast in the app store. This one is a little easier to use.

On your iPad... First, launch the MomoCast app. Second, go to Cathe Live in the build-in web browser by entering https://cathe.com/stream/ at the top of the screenand log in and then select Cathe Live. Third, select the Cathe Live video you want to play, and click the Play button. Fourth, tap the name of your Chromecast in the pop-up at the bottom of the screen if it has not started playing on your TV. Fifth, you should see the video on your TV.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi,

I did what you said with the first app.. did not work. Same issue, this screen came up ..video & TV cast app (360x640).jpg

No video link, no option to mirror. It says this in the upper corner, that it is casting, but no picture shows up on TV but plays on Ipad:

20171031_075036 (2) (360x640).jpg

As for the MomoCast App, it will cast and play 2014 video, just like how it does on my Samsung, and the same thing happens with 2015 videos, it tries to launch then goes right back to the MomoCast home screen:

20171031_081202 (360x640).jpg
I tried to "mirror" the screen, and all I get is a picture of the workout, it is frozen, or stuttering....will not play on TV or iPad. I even tried it in Full Screen mode, no difference.

20171031_083447 (360x640).jpg

I am at my wits end with this.....all I can say is all the workouts played for me at one time,....Something was done on your end, (IBM) on the files before October 2016....or a change was made for the files going forward at that time that messed up all of this for me.

I am not the only one that has had this happen, most just gave up. I love my Cathe Live videos...but am only now able to access less than half of them.

Same as fox 2 star.

I used to be able to play all and now less than half.

Since this has begun I've gotten a new computer, google wifi, a new tablet and a new phone...I have reset, restarted, reconfigured, updated, cleared and still all the older live workouts will not play.

Hi,

I did what you said with the first app.. did not work. Same issue, this screen came up ..View attachment 5631

No video link, no option to mirror. It says this in the upper corner, that it is casting, but no picture shows up on TV but plays on Ipad:

View attachment 5633

As for the MomoCast App, it will cast and play 2014 video, just like how it does on my Samsung, and the same thing happens with 2015 videos, it tries to launch then goes right back to the MomoCast home screen:

View attachment 5635
I tried to "mirror" the screen, and all I get is a picture of the workout, it is frozen, or stuttering....will not play on TV or iPad. I even tried it in Full Screen mode, no difference.

View attachment 5637

I am at my wits end with this.....all I can say is all the workouts played for me at one time,....Something was done on your end, (IBM) on the files before October 2016....or a change was made for the files going forward at that time that messed up all of this for me.

I am not the only one that has had this happen, most just gave up. I love my Cathe Live videos...but am only now able to access less than half of them.

Hi fox2star,
Concerning the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast App". All you do is launch the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast App" like you did. Then you go and open your chrome browser and search for and then click play n the Cathe Live video you want to view (from the screen shots it doesn't seem to me you did this) . This app does not use a Chromecast button. Once you begin playing a Cathe Live video after opening the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast App" on your iPad it will automatically detect the video you're trying to play and will cast it. I would suggest first trying a video you know works and then try a video that wasn't working on your Samsung.

If the older videos still don't play we now know that it is not the device that is an issue. Since we can play and cast all of the older videos fine on our iPads and so can hundreds of other people, it's doubtful it has anything to do with the IBM player. My guess is two possibilities:

1. Your files are cached at the ISP you're using. The problem you're having is an old problem that IBM fixed several months ago, but for some reason you're not seeing the fix. Many ISP's use a proxy server or something similar where they cache files you typically download. If this is the case you still may be using older uncorrected files that may still be cached on the "proxy" server that are needed to play our videos. I would suggest contacting your ISP and asking if they cache files you download and if so can they flush your cache? Who you get in Level 1 support can make a difference with the answer you get, so make sure to ask them if they cache popular files you use in your browser on their servers and hopefully you will get a person who knows what they're talking about. Molasses can you do the same?

2. The second possibility is the way your wifi interfaces with the IBM player and chromecast. Can you tell me the type and model of the Wifi your using? Also, since you can play some videos I'm assuming your Chromecast and your iPad are on the same wifi network. This required for chromecast to work properly.

Lastly, can both of you (fox2star and molasses) tell me which version of an iPad you're using an the iOS version?

Hi

I did not get a chance to call my ISP today to ask the question about cache files. I will try tomorrow.

Regarding using the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast" App, I do not have Chrome on my iPad....not sure if that makes any difference. I did get a newer video to play using this app. When I tried an older one, as with the Samsung phone, it tried to launch, showed the Cathe.com on the bar at the bottom of the screen, then popped back to the app home screen.

I am using an older iPad, I believe it was the 2nd generation out, (model MD94ll/A) but it is updated with IOS 10.33

Chromecast and the iPad are on the same wifi network.

Not sure what you mean by the type and model of wifi (?). Do you meant the router?

Hi fox2star,

Yes, as far as the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast" app you have to install the Chrome browser on your iPad in order to use this app, so that explains why you were not able to use this app successfully.

Also, I did some digging on the internet last night and there are bunch of reports all over the place that are similar to your problem while trying to cast videos from all kinds of sites.

Here is one example:

"The issue that I am having is that certain websites are not allowing me to cast to my TV. Which is weird, since I have casted those websites using this chromecast with a different TV and router. It worked on another Vizio, but not the one that I am using now. What happens it that it connects to the TV, and then it stops. It kicks me off the app and I go back to looking at the video through my browser. It works with Hulu, and other websites that don't have a chromecast extension. It works on Youtube.com. But it doesn't work on 3rd party chromecast extension sites. It connects for a few seconds and then stops. What is going on?"

I found several examples like this and several of these people, including this one, solved their issue by restoring their Chromecast to the factory setting. I'm not sure if this will solve your issue, but it make sense that it might. BUT only try this if you know how to re-register and set up Chromecast.

And yes when I say wifi I'm referring to your router. It seems that there is a bug or glitch between certain routers and Chromecast that causes a problem similar to yours and the only way to fix it that I've seen is to restore Chromecast to factory settings. Though we couldn't test your Samsung Galaxy 6 because we don't have one, we can test iPads. I'll see if Curt perhaps might even have your model. But as long as we can play 2015 videos on our iPad that tells me that something is going on that is not related to the device and not related to the IBM Player. That leaves the router or Chromecast itself perhaps as the leading suspect in this problem. Well, at least this is today's theory.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for keeping up with this issue. I really appreciate the time that you have spent trying to assist me on this.

When you mentioned having to install Chromecast on the iPad to use the app, I am not sure what you mean. This was not part of any instruction I saw when using an iPad with Chromecast. I just downloaded the app like you had mentioned. I was able to play a 2017 workout using this app and the iPad. it was pretty clumsy, but it eventually worked. Could not do one from 2015.

I can call the Chromecast tech support people and see about doing a factory reset.

The router I have is Linksys E2500.

p.s what is the purpose of the CatheLive IOS app and is this something I could be using for this?

Last edited:
I think... the admin meant for you to install the Chrome browser also on your iPad, then after installing try the "Video and TV cast for Chromecast" app to see if that helps it work.

Hi,

Thank you for keeping up with this issue. I really appreciate the time that you have spent trying to assist me on this.

When you mentioned having to install Chromecast on the iPad to use the app, I am not sure what you mean. This was not part of any instruction I saw when using an iPad with Chromecast. I just downloaded the app like you had mentioned. I was able to play a 2017 workout using this app and the iPad. it was pretty clumsy, but it eventually worked. Could not do one from 2015.

I can call the Chromecast tech support people and see about doing a factory reset.

The router I have is Linksys E2500.

p.s what is the purpose of the CatheLive IOS app and is this something I could be using for this?

Hi fox2star,

As Zenara25 already pointed out (thanks Zenara25) I meant to say you need to install the Chrome Browser on your iPad in order to use the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast" app. Sorry about that. I've not corrected my post.

As for the iOS app, this is the best way to view and use Cathe Live on any Apple device. The problem is you're also trying to use Chromecast and the iOS Cathe Live app will not be of any help for this. However, if you buy the proper cable you can hook your iPad directly to your TV and your problem will be solved by simply selecting "screen mirroring" on your iPad. You could also use Apple TV.

I experienced similar issues (I have an iPad, an iPhone, a 6 year old Samsung tv, a Chromecast device attached to the tv, and a Roku 3). I got around the issue initially by attaching my iPhone/iPad directly to the tv and using the Cathe Live app on the phone/tablet to play the workout on the tv. Then I noticed that someone mentioned an iWebTV app—I’ve been trying that and it works great (so far). I use it from my iPhone/iPad the way that I used to use Chromecast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I downloaded the Google Chrome app on my iPad, but it doesn;t really matter since you have to enter the URL of Cathe site directly into the "Video and TV Cast For Chromecast" so I have no idea which browser the iPad is using.

Which should I try first? Asking my ISP to empty cache (if I can get to a person that even knows what I am referring to)
or....

Call Google tech and have them walk me through a factory re-set of my Chromecast?

I called my ISP...they do not cache files on a proxy server....what they did was send a signal to reset my connections....similar to starting them from the beginning....this did not change anything.

I guess the next step is to contact Google for the Chromecast factory re-set...

Hi,

Finally, It looks like my problem IS SOLVED!!!! :) :) :) :) ...

I contacted Google tech support for Chromecast...they did a factory reset, however that did not change anything. I was sent to the second level tech person who showed me how to use the Home app ( which I did have before but did not use it much, as I did not see it solving the issue, ...then using the phone in landscape mode, full screen, mirroring the phone screen,. and the 2015 videos that I could not play before actually played....:).

I am so happy, especially since this is the month that I would be renewing the Live service.....

I want to thank all the dedicated Cathe tech and others that assisted and stuck with me all this time looking for the solution..You are awesome!

Now hoping I can get that 15% discount if I sign up for a full year again....LOL....

Tuesday I did Live Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing and today I did Crush it Low Impact Live.

Old school pixilated throughout the whole workout and Crush is just stopped working...and buffered a minute. I used the Iphone app and use an adapter to push it to my TV because I had so many buffering issues a couple months ago with my computer.

My Iphone is current on its updates. I had actually just rebooted it and made sure all my other apps were turned off because...well, I didn't want to screw up my workout.

I love using cathe live but These issues keep occurring. I was having issues like these this past summer and stopped my membership because it became really annoying.

I used to be able to stream to my tv using chrome....now I can't do that with either my iPhone or my LG table. Not even my computer. Very disappointing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.