anyone do tracy anderson's workouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently on my second centric from the Metamorphosis release. I have them all, it was my Black Friday bargain this year, and for less than 10 dollars each, I could not resist giving them all a try. She is my go to workout for body sculpting. I might have said before that the Dance cardio doesn't burn a lot of calories, on the rebounder it does not, on the floor is a different story, Meta dance cardio is actually pretty challenging, very sweaty workout on the floor. Even on the rebounder it was very effective.

I originally did Omni 2011; last year, Abcentric then added Abcentric to Bodyshred. This combo was actually pretty good, actually some days it was just amazing. I only did the Abcentric about 8 times each. I've done the dance cardio over 50 times this year, mostly for warming up. (this prompted a renewed interest in the Zumba, that looks like so much fun) I will probably always have Tracy Anderson workouts in my rotation, even when trying other things. Her workouts have eclipsed all the other workouts in my collection, and I don't even stream yet, I'm quite happy with the ones I have, and use. I will probably get her new express workouts when released this spring. If I compared Tracy Anderson Method to running, she would be my year round base.

Zumba is fun. I can't dance. My sisters dragged me to a class, I looked ridiculous but it does make you sweat and it's surprisingly fun even for someone who doesn't like dancing

Sorry to hear you have wasted money and precious time.

Even viewing a clip brought me boredom---May be I am exagerrating.
How on earth a qualified, trained group instructor could deliver a class without any instruction.
It was truly painful viewing from an instrutor point of view. Class attendees cervical alignment was poor.
Absolutely all over the place.

On the contrary, looks can be deceiving, in the program I gained very good core strength & my posture improved immensely. I don't see you as a Tracy Anderson type of instructor. I think it would be easier to define The Tracy Anderson Method by what it is not. It is non-traditional, non-conformist. You can't define it by the moves, they don't really have any names, besides the attitude & arabesque. It's something you more or less have to follow. Not surprisingly this keeps it fresh. I think it will be interesting to find out whether or not her approach to specific trouble zones works. So far, in my limited experience with Metamorphosis I would have to say yes, it does. I don't think the name calling or rudeness enhances the argument, there's no need for that.

Actually if you do the workouts, they have structure. I really enjoy her first Mat workout. The arm section in that one is my favorite. I like the Post Pregnancy 1 workout. I really felt that in the abs the next day. I find Dance + Cardio very pleasant. I don't think I get the Perfect Design Series though. But I have only previewed them. Now Meta...So far I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 and it's all good. I don't see where the hate is coming from. You do arms,abs and do 40 reps of 6 leg exercises. It's basically get on the mat and get it done. Then 30 minutes of cardio. If you don't like the cardio then sub it. The woman isn't at all hateful, she hardly talks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Her type of workouts aren't my thing but she is discussed on other forums because of her ideas regarding womens fitness - women shouldn't lift more than 3 pounds, pointing out peoples flaws about their body and telling them she can make it better stuff like that and off course all the stuff she says about making you skinny. She seems to be against a athletic body like cathe or myself and more for everyone should have a dancer ballet type body - like the paltrow lady. She would tell you not to spin or its bulks you up and she would have a fit at any of Cathe's weight workouts. There is room for all types of exercise but she pretty much slams all else

I've not done her workouts and have no interest so I can't judge her workouts but from things she has said her ideas go against present day physiology knowledge. She makes statements regarding female body that would of fit in the 1960s kwim.

I guess if Tracy is all you do and like is better than doing nothing and way s better then in my younger years when girls smoked so they wouldn't gain weight or pop diet pills like candy

On the contrary, looks can be deceiving, in the program I gained very good core strength & my posture improved immensely. I don't see you as a Tracy Anderson type of instructor. I think it would be easier to define The Tracy Anderson Method by what it is not. It is non-traditional, non-conformist. You can't define it by the moves, they don't really have any names, besides the attitude & arabesque. It's something you more or less have to follow. Not surprisingly this keeps it fresh. I think it will be interesting to find out whether or not her approach to specific trouble zones works. So far, in my limited experience with Metamorphosis I would have to say yes, it does. I don't think the name calling or rudeness enhances the argument, there's no need for that.

Hi 112Guru,

I think you have missed the point I tried to put accross. As an instructor, it is a duty to control the class
delivering forms and pointers. There was not any. It is unprofessional. Should the method be a non-conformist,
an instructor has a role of minimising risk accident and injuries. It is a principle. That being said I did not at all
call the instructor any name. I don't think anyone should be hypocritical by not expressing their opinion. You are
free to perceive my opinion as rudeness. Let's just agree to disagree on that. Have a good day and enjoy your
metamorphosis program.

Her type of workouts aren't my thing but she is discussed on other forums because of her ideas regarding womens fitness - women shouldn't lift more than 3 pounds, pointing out peoples flaws about their body and telling them she can make it better stuff like that and off course all the stuff she says about making you skinny. She seems to be against a athletic body like cathe or myself and more for everyone should have a dancer ballet type body - like the paltrow lady. She would tell you not to spin or its bulks you up and she would have a fit at any of Cathe's weight workouts. There is room for all types of exercise but she pretty much slams all else

I've not done her workouts and have no interest so I can't judge her workouts but from things she has said her ideas go against present day physiology knowledge. She makes statements regarding female body that would of fit in the 1960s kwim.

I guess if Tracy is all you do and like is better than doing nothing and way s better then in my younger years when girls smoked so they wouldn't gain weight or pop diet pills like candy

I wonder though if maybe in all the publicity, lack of formal training, all the bizarre talk about research and method, that maybe she is on to something.
I was reading posts,blogs and reviews of women who reported good results from just her mat work and not even following her diet.

I'm certainly not against an Athletic build. Seeing as I'm so squishy myself. But I also have nothing against non athletic bodies...

TA is not all I do. I was just curious and started trying them. The leg series on all fours actually targets a lot of abs. I feel a lot of oblique work in there. I don't really know if she sets women back...and I'm not sure that matters to me personally, when all I want is a smaller belly. If she can get that done, she can tell me pigs fly...doesn't mean I would believe her.

Kind of like, i don't know if acupuncture will help with my shoulder,but I let them stick needles in to me.

Hi 112Guru,

I think you have missed the point I tried to put accross. As an instructor, it is a duty to control the class
delivering forms and pointers. There was not any. It is unprofessional. Should the method be a non-conformist,
an instructor has a role of minimising risk accident and injuries. It is a principle. That being said I did not at all
call the instructor any name. I don't think anyone should be hypocritical by not expressing their opinion. You are
free to perceive my opinion as rudeness. Let's just agree to disagree on that. Have a good day and enjoy your
metamorphosis program.

I see your point about the lack of instruction. Lots of critics have pointed that out and " total lack of communication " was one review that made me lol.
It is bizarre but someone did describe her as " a strangle little lady "

In the world of exercise videos it was strange to come across Ms. Anderson. But to be perfectly honest, ( with the exception of her Dance routines and PDS ) the moves aren't that difficult to learn. In fact if she did talk you through it, it would be annoying to hear the instruction by day 3 if I have to do it for ten days straight. But see I actually pause the DVD so I don't even hear anything anyway.

I think people who don't like her are against her being blonde and skinny and relatively a Monet. Or they listen to her and don't like her point of view. Or just don't like doing leg lifts. Although I suspect it's the beet juice. ( which was actually good )

The Metamorphosis program has its merits, I can say that after only five days, to those who are curious. But it isn't for everyone. If you like her, you will like this series. I like the way she hits the abs. Plank hell will require an extra thick mat.

And remember....women should ONLY lift three pound weights...only three! Hahahahaha!!!! I apologise, I am a troll.

Last edited:
I see your point about the lack of instruction. Lots of critics have pointed that out and " total lack of communication " was one review that made me lol.

Hmmm I will refrain myself from commenting your sentence above to the risk of "being rude":eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think people who don't like her are against her being blonde and skinny and relatively a Monet. Or they listen to her and don't like her point of view. Or just don't like doing leg lifts. Although I suspect it's the beet juice. ( which was actually good )

:D:D The colour of her hair does not bother me. Without offending her fans, She does not inspire HEALTH to me. Sorry.
I do not dislike her, neither am I a hater!

And remember....women should ONLY lift three pound weights...only three! Hahahahaha!!!! I apologise, I am a troll.

Well I am woman:D:D who actually think women should lift from 5 pounds onwards. Muscles look good on women.
Plus us women get many benefit from lifting heavy.

http://cathe.com/resistance-training-shapes-tissues-muscles.

"
"

So Sad but some people still do this. Yuk Same for a common issue which does not get talked about here in Europe,
BULIMIA!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:. Girls used to binge themselves and purge to stay stick skinny. Yuk Very damaging to digestive
system...CHRIST:eek::eek:

Last edited:

In the world of exercise videos it was strange to come across Ms. Anderson. But to be perfectly honest, ( with the exception of her Dance routines and PDS ) the moves aren't that difficult to learn. In fact if she did talk you through it, it would be annoying to hear the instruction by day 3 if I have to do it for ten days straight. But see I actually pause the DVD so I don't even hear anything anyway.

The Metamorphosis program has its merits, I can say that after only five days, to those who are curious. But it isn't for everyone. If you like her, you will like this series. I like the way she hits the abs. Plank hell will require an extra thick mat.

Why are you doing Metamorphosis? Is it because you are injured from heavy weights? Frankly, the cover shot from STS is a pretty big turn off if you don't want that look. I know you guys love your heavy weights but I hear too much complaining from people who get too bulky, or just look fat when they lift heavy, it's a personal choice.

So Cupcake are you injured? I could tell you about my Indian Club workouts? How did you get injured? Body Beast? Are you one of our closet Beachbody instructors?

Frankly, the cover shot from STS is a pretty big turn off if you don't want that look. I know you guys love your heavy weights but I hear too much complaining from people who get too bulky, or just look fat when they lift heavy, it's a personal choice.

I hope this thread does not turn into a war between catabolism folks and anabolism ones.
What is the point of quoting sentence above? is this not what you would call"Rudeness"?

Why are you doing Metamorphosis? Is it because you are injured from heavy weights? Frankly, the cover shot from STS is a pretty big turn off if you don't want that look. I know you guys love your heavy weights but I hear too much complaining from people who get too bulky, or just look fat when they lift heavy, it's a personal choice.

So Cupcake are you injured? I could tell you about my Indian Club workouts? How did you get injured? Body Beast? Are you one of our closet Beachbody instructors?
Indian club workouts? I saw those once from Art of strength but don't know much about them....do share :)

My right shoulder is frozen. No impingement or tear but my ROM has diminished quite a bit. Can't do shoulder presses. External rotation is bad. I have to do lots of ROM stuff.

I'm not a Beachbody coach, but I do like some of their stuff. I have Combat ( luv that one ) and P90X ( that was fun with jogging ) Body Beast ( that was the last program before my shoulder started acting up...but I did like it a lot!)

You just might get flack from that STS comment...lol. I know what you mean but it may not be received that well. I don't bulk up easy though, ( except when I tried P90X ) The Pure Strength series delivered my favorite look. Just nice tight tiny arm muscles.

I liked XT workouts too. I have my AOS kb DVDs that I hope to do again once the shoulder is back in action.

I like a lot of stuff and like to try different things. It's all good.

I think she just meant some women might go for a less muscular look.

Yes, we are all free to choose a trainer by the look!
I do not.:)

That being said I like muscular look.
I like heavy lift not just by the look I could possibly get from it.
I love the challenge it brings plus there are benefit!
it is a great investment to aging process.

Yes, we are all free to choose a trainer by the look!
I do not.:)

That being said I like muscular look.
I like heavy lift not just by the look I could possibly get from it.
I love the challenge it brings plus there are benefit!
it is a great investment to aging process.

Here's a thing in my mind. I think many of us do naturally gravitate to what fits us, and there can certainly be a component to choosing a trainer by their natural body type. I know I'll never have a ballerina build, and that's fine with me by this point in my life and I don't try to train my body into something it's not. (although I do admit to sometimes being sensitive to those type of comments TA is known for that women should be as tiny as possible).

I would except that many of her fans are ectomorphs.I think I have both endomorph and mesomorph tendencies (hourglass type figure, think Betty Paige), certainly no ectomorph, and from what I hear about TA, I have no interest in checking out her stuff. I really think someone with a build like mine wouldn't get the same results that the natural ballerina type would get. Plus, I ain't about starving myself which I suppose is a huge percentage of her results. :( Here I am, gravitating to a program that suits my body type, but also shying away from a trainer that is nothing like me. That's ok, in my book, too, because these type of people give me inspiration of what I could possibly be like, and make me work harder. Kudos to those who don't need that kind of visual motivation and affirmation though!

I like how Cathe has all different kinds of body types in her workouts! To me that is great motivation to see how different people of naturally different builds can develop over time!

I just got TA's post pregnancy workout from the library. All I can say is: Whoa. Talk about instant flat abs! My abs have never been this sore. I only did it for two days in a row (15 minute segments each - not even the entire thing). I am an apple (not sure what kinda morph that is). I'm sold on this dvd - maybe just not on her style of workout ( I tried the arm segment - it was short).

I just got TA's post pregnancy workout from the library. All I can say is: Whoa. Talk about instant flat abs! My abs have never been this sore. I only did it for two days in a row (15 minute segments each - not even the entire thing). I am an apple (not sure what kinda morph that is). I'm sold on this dvd - maybe just not on her style of workout ( I tried the arm segment - it was short).

You might wanna try The Mat workout. The first one. I think it's her best one. This has my favorite arm series. If I had to recommend only one DVD, it would be this one. Then the Post Pregnancy :)

If you add the leg stuff, you would be surprised how your abs feel the next day. She hits a lot of abs from her quadruped moves.

Check out the bottom of this blog where she posts her after pic.

http://thatswhatieat.com/dear-tracy-anderson-haters-club/

Last edited:
Indian club workouts? I saw those once from Art of strength but don't know much about them....do share :)

My right shoulder is frozen. No impingement or tear but my ROM has diminished quite a bit. Can't do shoulder presses. External rotation is bad. I have to do lots of ROM stuff.

I'm not a Beachbody coach, but I do like some of their stuff. I have Combat ( luv that one ) and P90X ( that was fun with jogging ) Body Beast ( that was the last program before my shoulder started acting up...but I did like it a lot!)

You just might get flack from that STS comment...lol. I know what you mean but it may not be received that well. I don't bulk up easy though, ( except when I tried P90X ) The Pure Strength series delivered my favorite look. Just nice tight tiny arm muscles.

I liked XT workouts too. I have my AOS kb DVDs that I hope to do again once the shoulder is back in action.

I like a lot of stuff and like to try different things. It's all good.

Flack schmack, big deal...that was more for my buddy who, does Tracy Anderson when she wants to get cut, but then whines about her weight the rest of the year. Fair point, she is actually stronger than a locomotive...I'll give her that.

The reason I asked about your shoulder is, Metamorphosis actually may help that. The isometric nature of the all fours exercises could actually improve you ROM, and maintain your strength there, at the same time. I tend to categorize workouts a little differently, not so much by what they advertise, but what benefits they have, empirically of course, not possible with STS, I just don't have any interest in it. For example, some of Jillian Michaels workouts have a physical therapeutic effect, at least those I have done. I wouldn't advise doing those in your case if your shoulder is frozen. Nope, I think the all fours work might be really good. I don't know of anything more you could do to back off that, that would still give you the benefits. Lets save the indian clubs for another time. The book Pain Free has a lot of good info, I have never used it for anything having to do with shoulders though. I would highly recommend a look-see.

Quote of the day " I'm an apple, I don't know what kind of morph that is"... oh dear, centric, ABcentric that is. Works many of the same things as the other centrics (especially the butt) but really works the abs, defining the lines in between rectus abdominis & external obliques.

I hate the spell checker parameters is parameters abdominis is abdominis sheese!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.