Anyone absolutely exhausted doing STS?

nclncl

Cathlete
I am in the end of week 3 of STS (mesocycle 1). I am exhausted, absolutely exhausted (and hungry!). Anyone else experience this? Any advice?

I was worn out in Meso 1, only doing the weight workouts and did not add any cardio. I don't remember being any more hungry than usual, though. I just kept working through it and it got better with Meso 2 and I started adding cardio workouts then. I just kept reminding myself that Meso 1 is for endurance, and that is what I was building.

I found I was ravenous during meso 1, more so than meso 2 and 3 (I'm on the last couple of DVDs on a six-month rotation right now). I find in meso 3 that I am completely spent by the end, likely because the weights are HEAVY!! ;-) Good luck!

I am STARVING during Meso 1! I increased my calorie intake a little and haven't gained any weight (knock on wood)! My muscles are starting to show some definition too.

I think the exhaustion has passed. I'm on week 4 of meso 1 now and my appetite seems more normal, too. Hopefully it will stay that way. I'll get on the scale during my active rest week, once all my muscles aren't so bloated up from getting their little muscle arses kicked!

I was most exhausted in meso 3 - the weighs are very heavy and in the end I had no strength left whatsoever to do cardio. I added 30 min of cardio after each workout in meso 1 and 2, but 3? - no way!

I am in my second round of STS and have found Meso 1 to be the most exhausting phase. I haven't been as hungry this time around, but i have been following the nutrition guide from Insanity and it has definetly helped. One more week of Meso 1 and then on to my favorite phase- hypertrophy!!

Brenda in Indiana

I haven't been exhausted, but I just got done with marathon training program before starting meso 1 and I feel more relaxed now doing this type of workout. Marathon training program is exhausting. I ran all those miles and did not lose, but now with these program I lost 5 pounds within the first three weeks.

Hopefully your body will adjust. Watch what you eat, such as enough protein. I found out that I wasn't getting enough and adding more along in the day helps. I have done a detox from sugar/carbs. I found out that I would eat theses, then crash shortly leaving me feeling horrilbe. I do have some type of sugar, but not as much as usual.

Good luck and happy lifting. I love STS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.