anymore yoga dvd's?

*~Jessica~*

Cathlete
I finally tried Yoga max and LOVED it!! I never really tried yoga to that extreme before. Would love to see her do more:)

Funny I was thinking this yesterday and today. I am a beginner well I have done lots of yoga DVDs but not advanced at all and I don't mind beginner intermediate ! It is so relaxing. A lot of people want yoga to help lose weight I don't I want to lose but I have so many of Cathes DVDs and others that are high impact or HIIT and so when I reach for a DVD it is to relax and stretch out. The deep long breathing helps with headaches and sleep. I have been searching for types of yoga and I think my favorite is the zen yoga it is one that stretches the connective tissues to help deep relaxation a flexion holding the pose from two to even five minutes . The other I like I think is Haitha if I'm understanding correctly it is a sort of flow yoga like you hold the pose for a couple breaths then move to the next But not as long as the zen. I think there is one called restorative yoga I think that is same as the zen.
So I think the perfect DVD would be Haitha at first then as the second half of the yoga go to zen state. After you are done it feels as if you had a wonderful massage!
I hope Cathe will add another yoga DVD like I am describing I love her for every kind of workout.

Its a new addiction, thats for sure :) we were shopping at sams club and came across Jillians " Yoga inferno " and thought it to be a bit intriguing, so I bought it! I was surprised how I was able to get thru it thanks to Cathe getting us us started on this ;)

Its a new addiction, thats for sure :) we were shopping at sams club and came across Jillians " Yoga inferno " and thought it to be a bit intriguing, so I bought it! I was surprised how I was able to get thru it thanks to Cathe getting us us started on this ;)

I saw it last time at sams club and was wondering how is it for yoga? Is it more flow and movement or more stetching?

I saw it last time at sams club and was wondering how is it for yoga? Is it more flow and movement or more stetching?

Haven't done this one in awhile. I'm not really big on yoga (although I should do it more) so I can't answer about how it is compared to other yoga. But I liked it alot. It's more flow with a couple of cardio bursts (such as mountain climbers) thrown in there.

Does Jillian yell and talk loud?

She talks loud as if no one can hear her. But is much more calm than in her older workouts.

I was a bit skeptical at first bc the last one I got I couldnt take it!! When I saw it was a 2 (30 )min w/o dvd ( one with hand weights) I figured why not give it a try. JMO, I thought she had tonded it down quite a bit and was actually fun to listen to and watch. Im glad I got it :)

I am sorry and I hate to say it but even the WAY she talks is irritating.. I don't know why I can not pin point it !! I feel she is either over pronounces her words or maybe to MUCH confidence in the way she is speaking? I don't know and I'm sure she is a great person. But some trainers click and others don't and she just don't click with me. I am not sure y I feel like this but I can not listen to hear even if she isn't screaming lol., maybe I am jealous? I mean my words when I speak have a heavy country accent that sounds awful to me! Some say it's cute but some don't like the way I talk so maybe I'm jealous I don't have as clear voice as her! Lol I don't know but I can not do it. I know I'm a little strange!! Like I said I'm sure if I ever met her in person I'd like her.

Does Jillian yell and talk loud?

I like most of Jillian's workouts, just not the yoga ones. I find that her teaching style is the antithesis of yoga to me. I prefer Shiva Rea. She is much more zen, but you must know that she is more rigorous than Cathe for yoga. Don't be fooled, holding a pose longer is not easier. Go over to collage video to watch clips before you buy.

I never really knew much about Yoga, but Im learning. I've learned there are a few different yoga exercises. Some are geared more towards breathing,relaxing and stretching, others are more for balance and weight loss which I LOVE! Balancing is my focus along with toning and flexibility. Jai knocks it out of the park in Cathes yoga max,lol! Shes amazing! I would like to find more dvd's from other trainers but I hope Cathe does decide to make another one.

Not trying to start any rumors or anything.....but on Cathe's facebook page she said someting about a bodyflow training class......maybe a bodyflow type workout is coming????
Hey, a girl can dream.

Yogamax is tough. Strength training using body weight. Cathe was sneaky when she created the sequencing for that dvd.

Yoga is so good for you. I love Eoin Finn's stuff. Shiva Rea's beginner workout is also a gem. I am considering getting Travis Elliot's Foundations DVD. Lately, I.'ve been exploiting today's more spiritual aspects and it's helped me deal with some stress at work. Feel much more at peace' and the bonus is I'm improving my flexibility, balance, and strength.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.