Anybody shooting for Cathe's Friday morning class before RT??

RE: Anybody shooting for Cathe's Friday morning class b...

Last year I flew in on Thursday just to make sure I would be there in time.....and was very fortunate to be able to attend the Friday AM step class.....this year, I'm flying in early to make sure I am at that class!!! It was totally fun!

I plan to be there also. I missed the Friday morning class last year, but heard it was a lot of fun. I love step, but am quite challenged. I mess up plenty, but have alot of fun anyway!
Thanks , Jerry for offering to take our pics!

Gin:)

I'm am trying to get there in time for the Friday class. I suck big time at the step though. I just want to feel cathe's energy.

Does this apply to both the July and the August roadtrips? I'm going to the one in August.

Abbe, as far as I know, it is for both RT's but I will verify that for you. Thanks for asking.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

>Abbe, as far as I know, it is for both RT's but I will verify
>that for you. Thanks for asking.
>
>
>http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
>
>
>Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")
>http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img]
>If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You
>DANCE!

Oh, good question, Abbe! I assumed we could go to the Friday class in August, too, but that would be great if you could ask Cathe for us, Debbie!:)

YES!

The Friday morning class WILL be offered for both July & August RT's! I need to get busy myself! See you all in class Friday morn!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

RE: YES!

Debbie, since this is a regular class at the gym....do you think that the members wouldn't have a problem with RT's watching the class, snapping pictures, etc...?

Namita

Namita,

I would be discrete with picture taking during Friday's class. We are guests in class and should be respectful of Cathe's regular Club members. However, once class is over, it's fair game for picture taking. :)

Lorrayne

>Debbie, since this is a regular class at the gym....do you
>think that the members wouldn't have a problem with RT's
>watching the class, snapping pictures, etc...?

For what it's worth, last year Cathe's regular class-takers were wonderful. They all thought we were nuts, but they were wonderful. ;) One of the women who was there to take Cathe's regular class looked at me while we were waiting for Cathe to arrive and said "who are you all here to see"? "what's going on?" It was incredibly neat to see how "regular" Cathe is to all her gym members. I said "we're actually here to see Cathe". The woman was shocked! She had no idea Cathe even made fitness videos!!!

From my experience, the regulars at that class were just great---totally patient and understanding. I'm sure they all had quite the chuckle at our craziness! All of us "early birds" took spots in the back to let the regulars have their normal spots in the class and kept the "whooping" and shouting to a minimum.

I don't think Cathe was expecting as many of us to show up as we did and she was pretty surprised when she walked into the class and we all started screaming! :eek: I think this year she'll be expecting us to be there. ;)

It's just really important that we all aren't obnoxious during this class and stay in the back of the room to allow the regulars to have the normal Friday morning class with her.

Oh, and there's one chick who's going on the roadtrip who cries every time Cathe's within 50 feet of her. Try and keep her in the back. She's the most obnoxious one of all....;)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

> Oh, and there's one chick who's going on the roadtrip who
>cries every time Cathe's within 50 feet of her. Try and keep
>her in the back. She's the most obnoxious one of all.... ;)

She sure is!!! :p ;)

Someone better make sure to bring a box of tissues for Allison... we don't want the step benches and the floor getting all slippery with her tears and snot!

Allison ~

As someone who took her Friday step class last year can you give us an idea of how ones of her step classes goes. Can you compare it to one of her dvd's, if so which one.

I do step regularly & admit some of the choreography sometimes trips me up. Want to know if there's anything I can be practicing with.

Thanks
Tami

Cathe's Friday Morning Step Class

Tami, Cathe’s Friday morning step class was a blast last year! :7 The 4-Day Split step choreography in HIS and LIS still makes me smile because I remember learning some of the fun new moves in Cathe’s live step class last summer. :) Her advanced step class is dancy and fun. I wish I lived close enough to enjoy it every week!

Cathe is an excellent instructor. She cues exceptionally well in a live class and watches the class to see if we are getting the moves before she adds on. Just relax and have fun! Enjoy your favorite Cathe step workouts between now and then to get familiar with her choreography and cuing. Rhythmic Step is my personal favorite! :) The 4-Day Split LIS/HIS double cardio premix is great too.

As for pictures, I do not remember anyone taking pictures during the Friday morning step class. We were having too much fun dancing around our steps! We gathered in the back of the room for a group picture before Cathe and the coordinators arrived, and Cathe led us to another studio after class where we hugged her and took more pictures. We took a few pictures of Road Trippers before class started, but we did not take pictures of the actual class.

Around 20 early birds showed up for the Friday morning step class last year. There was plenty of room for us in her huge aerobics studio. I was expecting her class to have more regular members. We could easily outnumber her regular class members this year. I hope they are ready for us! ;-)

Allison, I promise to pray for the gift of a tearless Friday morning if you help me contain my enthusiasm. ;-) Live classes in Texas are very vocal and energetic. We love visitors too. The more, the merrier. It must be a Southern or Texas thing! It never occurred to me that our joyful response could be intimidating to Cathe’s class members. Y’all may need to sedate me. :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Cathe's Friday Morning Step Class

Hi Heather

Thank you for posting your experience in Cathe's live class,
it sounds so wonderful. After doing Cathe work outs at home for many years, this has been a dream of mine to meet her. Working out with Cathe live is sure the icing on the cake :7

Allison

I'll be sure to bring some tissues, when ever some one starts crying I cry too!!!!;-)

Take care can't wait to meet you all:7

Brigitte

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.