Any Thoughts on Brown Rice?

melagras

Cathlete
I'm sure you've read and/or heard the news reports about brown rice containing inorganic arsenic. Have any of you cut back or eliminated it from your diet? I love brown rice and don't want to give it up. Is this a ploy to get us away from brown rice and on to some other company's products?

I'm sure you've read and/or heard the news reports about brown rice containing inorganic arsenic. Have any of you cut back or eliminated it from your diet? I love brown rice and don't want to give it up. Is this a ploy to get us away from brown rice and on to some other company's products?

Hi Melagras,

This was a hot topic recently on the forum. Here's the link:
http://cathe.com/forum/f97/you-still-eating-rice-290854/
Enjoy! :)

I love brown rice and eat it about twice a week. I see it this way rice has been around for many many years. My parents ate it and their parents ate it too. I will take it with a grain of salt. They also said a while ago that apple juice contained traces of arsenic too!

Everything in moderation! That's what I believe.

Jeff Novick just mentioned a great way to cook brown rice and reduce the amount of arsenic:

Q & A?s

Hope it helps!
liz

Inorganic arsenic? Is there an organic arsenic? Which is better?
I don't think brown rice will kill us. Hot dogs might.

I still eat brown rice, even though I am not a fan. I love white rice but don't eat it anymore because it is not so good for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.