Any tentative date scheduled for the release of STS???

RE: Any tentative date scheduled for the release of STS...

Hi Erica,
Your request is certainly reasonable. Unfortunately, we have a lot of history of giving tentative release dates and things never went smoothly. If everyone understood that a “tentative” date was just a rough guess that may or not happen we would certainly give rough estimates if we knew them. Past history has shown this not be a wise move as some people become very angry when even a tentative date is not met.

I used VBulletin as an example cause even when people haven’t paid a dime for a software upgrade many become very hostile and vocal when an estimated release date is missed. This is why VBulletin and a lot of other companies have the same policy as we do not to state release dates until we are certain. With a project the size of STS there are just too many variables to guess when we will be finished. To speculate would not be wise for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

>Beth - my DH has worked in the software industry for 21 years
>and always has a deadline.
>Erica

I have worked in software for 25+ years, and we always PAD the deadline!(usually by a significant amount).

Cathe, SNM,
You may want to sticky (is that the correct word?) so your policy about not setting a release date can be easily found, in anticipation of the million (this is just a rough estimate;) ) future posters who will question this.

'Haven't preordered yet, but I love reading all the hooplah surrounding STS...almost makes me feel like I preordered...tee hee! :7
Angela

P.S. I'm not making fun of the original posters question...it was a valid question and I respect SNM's stance and repeated response. I just know it will come up again and again and again and a few more times after that!
P.S.S. When I say hooplah, I again am not trying to single out this question...there is always a lot of hooplah surrounding preorders...I think that's part of the excitement and fun of preorders...I'm a nerd.

I agree about the sticky idea. It might also be a good idea to sticky a post about what equipment is required since that question has been coming up a lot also.

:( I hope I didn't start something that was not my intention. I just wondered if I had missed a release date and understand completely with Chris's replies. Good things come to those who wait! ;-)

I pre-ordered, and am very excited about STS. It is going to be a huge breakthrough exercise and technology-wise as a a virtual personal trainer. But i can wait for a good product -- take your time, Cathe, this project is unique. I am a rookie to the forum and you -- i am just so excited about the August Road show that I can't think of STS.

Lisa.

I wish people would leave Cathe/SNM alone. They've told you as much as they can. Move on.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

We seem to go through this everytime SNM has a new project. Same arguements, same people arguing. It takes awhile for it to sink in, I guess, like forever! I'm sure it's a lot of work to perfect 30+ DVD's - let's give 'em some time!

Perhaps SNM should post a *tentative* release date of, say, Spring 2010. This way they have enough time to do their usual excellent job, customers who need a tentative (not definite!) date have one, and SNM will get praised for releasing early. ;-)

>Perhaps SNM should post a *tentative* release date of, say,
>Spring 2010. This way they have enough time to do their usual
>excellent job, customers who need a tentative (not definite!)
>date have one, and SNM will get praised for releasing early.
>;-)

:+ :+ :+ :+ good one!

>We seem to go through this everytime SNM has a new project.
>Same arguements, same people arguing.

I'm actually a new customer.

Personally, I think the OP had a valid question, and quite frankly, the scenarios offered aren't really comparable, imo.

While this project is clearly a large project, it's not one that can't have a deadline without significant padding, just to give pre-order customers an idea of how long their money will be tied up.

I've worked in production on projects that are VERY large - it's really not hard to meet deadlines - especially when you have the ability for padding.

Someone raised the question of legality...it would be interesting to see if it's ok to hold onto pre-order funds in an interest bearing account, indefinately. (not trying to be snarky, just thinking out loud.)

Either way, I'm going to still order the STS system, but I 'do' wish the ordering process and company responses were as 'high end' as I know the final product will be.

>Perhaps SNM should post a *tentative* release date of, say,
>Spring 2010. This way they have enough time to do their usual
>excellent job, customers who need a tentative (not definite!)
>date have one, and SNM will get praised for releasing early.
>;-)

BRILLIANT!!!!! :D :) I LOVE IT!!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I'm not exactly sure what good a tentative date is, anyway. What is the difference between "we're not sure" and a tentative date of, say, August 2008. Being tentative means the date does not mean anything - certainly nothing more than "we're not sure."
And I think the existance of this thread merely illustrates SNM's point that giving a tentative date is problematic as sometimes people can have an unreasonable response to that date not being met - obviously some people are already having an unreasonable response to the tentative date not being released.
The question has been asked "do you have a tentative release date?" The question has been answered "No, we do not release tentative release dates." You may not necessarily agree with the stated policy of the company, but they are within their rights to have said policy and have never made a secret of it. If you don't want your money tied up indefinitely than wait and pay full price when the product is released - the pre-order price is lower in part to compensate for the fact that the money will be tied up indefinitely.
I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with the poster who said that the product would most likely beat a tentative release date of 2010 - and go further to say when it does get here it will, like all of Cathe's other productions, be virtually flawless. As was stated by another poster - definitely worth waiting for :)

>And I think the existance of this thread merely illustrates
>SNM's point that giving a tentative date is problematic as
>sometimes people can have an unreasonable response to that
>date not being met - obviously some people are already having
>an unreasonable response to the tentative date not being
>released.

Who had an unreasonable response to the tentative date not being released?

Erica

I am a long time customer of Presales from Cathe and I've always had a product that was well worth the wait.

I am glad that Presales are offered. The beauty of the Presale is the tremendous price break I receive for products I might not be able to afford later on.

STS sounds like a tremendous undertaking. Cathe never releases anything before it is the best on the market.

I will wait -- I don't care if I am waiting 18 months.....that will give me time to collect all the extra eqipment, etc.

I can't say enough good about S&M's production.

If you feel you can't wait for a series, then do not preorder.

It's as simple as that.

A Cathe production is of flawless quality. If you want the best production well worth spending money on, you have to WAIT for the best. With a production of this magnitude like STS, you cannot expect a true "deadline" for this project to be completed. It's 37 DVDs under one title; 3 mesocycles: something unheard of from any fitness professional who's put out their own productions on sale.

I can't wait for STS to come out either, but I want a quality product that's well worth spending my hard earned money on, I'll wait for it. (Gives me more time to set up my personal workout space with well needed equipment).

I'm siding with SNM on this one. "Good Things Come to Those who Wait".

To reiterate what one of you said on one of your posts: If you're not willing to wait, it's best not to preorder in the first place.

To be fair, I don't think anyone ever said anything about *not being able to wait.* The discussion was about SNM's ability to give a tentative release date. It was a reasonable request and SNM gave a reasonable answer.

No one said that Cathe's productions aren't worth the wait or that STS isn't a HUGE undertaking that will require a significant amount of time to produce. Or that SNM/Cathe should release a product of lesser quality in order to get it out sooner.

There was simply a question of whether they could give a tentative release date and it was answered.

Having said that, I do love that suggestion about a *Spring, 2010,* release.:)

>To be fair, I don't think anyone ever said anything about
>*not being able to wait.* The discussion was about SNM's
>ability to give a tentative release date.

Agreed. No one has said they're unwilling to wait. They're just wondering when the product might *tentatively* be released. Not an unreasonable request at all. And neither is SNM's answer.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I wonder how many threads there will be in total of ...
"So any tentative dates on when STS will be released"
or...
"Any news on STS?" even though people who post these things can read the blog and forums just as well as anyone else.
Cool your heels people.

It's true - this drama happens with every single series Cathe puts out. People beg for estimated dates and then get upset if the estimate isn't accurate, or if it's not specific enough. I just don't see why people don't understand the deal they agreed to with the preorder - we get a great price in exchange for paying ahead of time and dealing with the uncertainties! It's as simple as that! What I do is to preorder and then forget it. I don't even check the website for updates. I figure that once the workouts are ready, they're ready - knowing the arrival date won't make them get to me faster. And when they do show up in my mailbox, it'll be a nice surprise.

Lurdes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.