Any Retin-A users??

Heidi,
Retin-A is absolutely worth the money! OTC compounds just aren't strong enough. My derm says that retinoids are the main course and everything else is dessert for skin care.
And forgive my impertinence, but...in Ohio you will absolutely be safe from burning if you're religious with sunscreen, b/c *running in the sun* rarely happened when I lived in OH/MI ;)! It was more... *OMG! What is that big round thing in the sky and why is the sky that strange blue color!?!?!* :rolleyes:
I've actually been upgraded to Tazorac b/c Retin A wasn't strong enough for my thick Irish skin. I could use it twice a day and never flaked a single skin cell.
Thank God my derm wrote a letter to the insurance co. cuz this stuff is over $250 a tube! :eek:
As far as waxing, I've always heard to lay off those areas to be waxed for 3-5 days (depends how sensitive u r) before hand and it should be fine.
I can't believe how annoying it is to have acne AND wrinkles! Argh!
Good luck!

Just chiming in to say I've used Retin-A for about 15 years (I'm 42). It cured my cystic acne (probably hormonal, along the jawline), and I've been hooked since! I use it year-round, with a good oil-free moisturizer in the winter, because it can make my face red and flaky then; but I have no problems with it in the summer. I am diligent about sunscreen plus twice daily antioxidant serum. I think I look younger than my age -- just this week I had someone I've worked with for a year flip out when I told her I'm 42 -- she thought I was in my 20s! I'm sure it's because of Retin-A. It is expensive, but the large tube lasts me at least 6 months...if you break it down, it's cheaper than a daily coffee habit!

That's a lot of words to say -- go for it!
Allison

I really think that you will be happy with retin-a once you use it. I also love the OBaji line that Cynthia spoke of. I am 35 and I had to give up both Obagi and Retin-a because I am pregnant. Boy, I sure can tell a difference, and not in a good way:eek:. Give it a try. I will sure be back to it in 21 weeks!!

I have used Retin A for 16 years

It really works miracles, but, if you have sensitive skin, you might want to begin with Renova which is a cream. You must block the sun every single day with at least an SPF of 30; 15 won't do it. I never get a tan, but I don't care.

Retin A

I have also used Retin A for years. Ask to start out with the lowest dose of Retin A Micro. This is much easier on the skin than the original Retin A.
Use it every other day at first and build up slowly. You will love the effects it has on your skin. You do need to wear sunscreen every day when you use it. I use Neutrogena 70 SPF. Can you run with a sun visor to further protect your skin. My dermatologist has been using Retin A for 20 years. Her skin is absolutely gorgeous.
Good Luck

I've been using it for ten years (I'm 45), and I only wish I could bathe in it! It's worth every penny. It does wonders with fine lines, and really gives a radiance and glow. If you think about it, you can easily pay more than $75 for some fancy non-prescription stuff that won't do half as much. My advice: start out slow, every 2-3 days (use at night), wash your face at least a half hour before you use it (will diminish any irritation), really don't use more than a pea-size amount, and definitely use your sunscreen. After a couple of weeks, go to every other night, and then every night if you can tolerate it (I have no problem with it as long as I stick to the pea-sized amount). It'll take several months to really see the results, and I've read for some it takes up to six months, so be patient. The results will come! It also not only improves how your skin looks, it actually reverses some sun damage and builds collagen, so you've gotta love it!

Kristen,

You may have a point about bathing in it. A month before I had a breast lift, my surgeon had me pre-condition my breast skin with retin-a creme. My scars are almost invisible. I have to really look to find my scars.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.