Any MyFitnessPal users?

I am there! I'll invite you when I get back on my computer or you can friend me-Pedmom. We have a little Cathe group there.

I have been using MyFitnessPal for years. It seems to be the best way for me to lose or maintain my weight. I also am a big fan of Cathe. I think I have every workout she has produced. My MFP username is laurae.

Sent from my iPod touch using CatheForum

I've never heard of this. I'll have to check it out.

If I join, you'll be getting something from me as well.

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Stacey

I was wondering if you eat your exercise calories on mfp. I have been using this software for quite sometime and can't seem to lose anything. I lost 40 pounds on ww and then switched to this software and have been stuck. I have tried eating all the extra calories, only eating some and not eating any and nothing has worked. Any insights? Alos, do you use the vcathe workout manager?

In another post Cathe said to reduse calorie intake by 500 and burn 300-500 calories in addition. So does this mean that you should just reduce your TDEE calorie amount by 500? I am so frustrated and confused!!

Hi Stacey. For me it depends-I like to vary my caloric intake to keep my metabolism guessing. So I'll have a few days of net 1200 calories, and then eat all my exercise calories and have a net of like 1600.

I also started with WW and moved to MFP. I have lost about 12 pounds since starting MFP at the beginning of October. I also did the LIS November rotation, which shed 7 of those pounds.

Don't forget the smaller we are the harder it is to lose. I only have 10-15 to go and it's a real challenge to keep the scale moving. So you may have been stuck a little anyway. How long has your plateau lasted? They can last a couple months, those stubborn little buggers! :mad:

Eating back exercise calories

Tracy, I originally was eating back calories, but also did not seem to lose much. I then set my own goals and went with 1500 a day assuming I burn at least 300 exercising. I did lose weight with that. I also think my heart rate monitor was being to generous with its calorie count, and that was the number I used when entering calories. I recently got a new HRM that gives me much lower calorie burn results, so I am just now starting to eat back calories again and set my goal back to the 1200. As you get to the point where you have less to lose, it is harder to get it off. I think Cathe means to reduce 500 from what you normally eat in a day, and be sure to burn 300 - 500 which would be, most likely, any one of her workouts! So if you know what you ate on a normal day just to maintain weight, knock off 500 and make that your goal. Sometimes it is just trial and error. Switch up your workout routines, too. In one of her newsletters, she talks about hitting plateaus. Go to her websites and search for that article. Hope this helps. My MFP username is Laurae if you want to friend me for encouragement. :)

Last edited:
Tracy Sheehy said:
Stacey

I was wondering if you eat your exercise calories on mfp. I have been using this software for quite sometime and can't seem to lose anything. I lost 40 pounds on ww and then switched to this software and have been stuck. I have tried eating all the extra calories, only eating some and not eating any and nothing has worked. Any insights? Alos, do you use the vcathe workout manager?

In another post Cathe said to reduse calorie intake by 500 and burn 300-500 calories in addition. So does this mean that you should just reduce your TDEE calorie amount by 500? I am so frustrated and confused!!

I do eat back my exercise cals... it did take me longer to lose, but it was more realistic for me, in order to keep it off. But I have to agree with what the other ladies said, those last lbs are ALMOST impossible. But it can be done. They require you to take it to the next level, when you plateau. That means either upping your cardio, eating less, or both. That is also when I got serious about logging EVERY last morsel that I put in my mouth. Whether it was 1 tablespoon of ketchup, 3 potato chips, a couple sips of soda, etc., it was accounted for.

My name on MFP is Edithrenee.. i go by renee lol they didnt let me have renee i guess there is not alot of ediths lol.

MyFitnessPal

I've been MyFitnessPal for a while and really love it. How do we add friends? I would love to get that up and going.

I'm just frustrated that my weight isn't coming off as I think it should! Help with any suggestions!

debbiem said:
I've been MyFitnessPal for a while and really love it. How do we add friends? I would love to get that up and going.

I'm just frustrated that my weight isn't coming off as I think it should! Help with any suggestions!

Just go to the "community" tab and you'll see the option to find members or invite friends ;).

What is your name on MFP?

Hi,

anyone still doing this? I was thinking of signing up. Would love to have some Cathletes there to motivate with!

I am not sure how to get "friends" etc. It asks for 5 e-mail addresses, but I thought that you put in user names..:confused:

I do MFP. I think once you sign up and have an account, you can invite friends by user name. I log in from my phone and there's a friends tab and a button to click on to send a request to someone already a member. Looks like at that point you can put in their user name or email. My user name is the same as here - 7badkittes. I do MFP to maintain now but it helped me lose and I'm afraid of stopping! So if you figure it out and want a friend I'd love to friend u!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.