Any Canadians still waiting for their DVDs?

5 days before Christmas and still nothing. A fridge calendar I ordered around the same time the DVDs shipped came today, so I'm still hoping for this week...

Stebby

I would strongly suggest contacting customer support if you haven't already. Your order could still be held up in customs because of the holidays as three weeks is what the post office says to expect for delivery, but there could be other reasons too.

Hey Stebby I just got mine last night and I did have to pay customs. Although I am thrilled to get mine I was really hoping ours would have arrived on the same day. Crossing my fingers that yours arrive today.

Vicky

Nope, nothing for me yet. :( I will do as SNM suggests and contact customer support. This does seem like a long time.

Vicky, I am so glad you got yours though! Have you done any of the workouts yet?

Stebby

Hi Stebby I did Intensity last night and loved it. I am hoping to do STS weights today if time permits. Let me know if you get yours today - I've got my fingers crossed.

Still haven't received it but customer support is shipping out another set to me today - isn't that awesome? I hope to get it soon.

Stebby

Hey Stebby I just got mine last night and I did have to pay customs. Although I am thrilled to get mine I was really hoping ours would have arrived on the same day. Crossing my fingers that yours arrive today.

Vicky

I would have thought with the North American Free Trade deal and since everything was made in the USA no duty would have been charged?????

Mine was shipped USPS and I didn't have to pay duty.

No, duty is still charged for anything we import from the U.S. unless it meets certain rules (for example, if we visit the U.S. we are allowed to import items up to a limit based on number of days in the U.S., without paying duty on them) and technically, anything we buy from the U.S. without having been there should be subject to duty. The free trade agreement did not change this (except possibly to make some of the limits more generous). When we receive mail-order goods from the U.S. without having to pay duty, really, we are getting off easy (maybe because an automated system didn't detect that the package contains a retail product, or maybe just because someone was lazy, had too many other duty goods to process, etc.). For me it seems to be a random thing - I always get USPS shipping and about 2/3 of the time I don't pay duty and the stuff just shows up at my door, but the other 1/3 of the time I get "caught" and need to pay.

Some companies, such as LL Bean, charge duty to Canadian customers as part of the order and pay it on our behalf. When I order from them, the box always comes right to my front door.

Stebby

I finally got my DVDs (the replacement ones that were sent out on 12/22) today! Yippee!! Now I can share in the excitement and do the December rotation! :) :)

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.