another 4 day split questions

I never used to be good with step choreography but after learning Cathe's other workouts, 4DS only took a few tries each. I'd also study the sections that were trickier and try them over until they clicked.

4DS "HIS" took me two times. I used my remote control in slow motion and got the choreo. Thats the only way I got it. I've never had any other trouble with Cathe's step choreo before so this was quite a surprise for me. The workouts I got the first time. I haven't liked the Boot Camp which seems to be many peoples favorite.

I have never been able to fully get it down-- sometimes I just have to do my own thing for a few beats. I am happy as long as I keep moving!

Monica

I've had them since last Christmas and am still not totally getting it. I'm a real clutz but I keep trying! One day I'll nail it!

It took me a week of doing it daily to get HIS & another week to get LIS. The first day I did HIS, I spent 15 minutes doing the warm-up, rewinding & then doing it again & again; then another 15 minutes doing the same for the first step routine. I wouldn't move on until I had each section learned. After 5-6 times, I finally got it, although I still have days where I seem to forget what to do with the step hitch-kick....
It seemed to take forever to learn them, but now that I have them down, I love them to pieces!

how long did it take

It probably took me one month of doing it once or twice a week. I absolutely love combo number 1 in HIS but I know combo #3 can be tricky. Combo 3 took the longest to learn because of the whole shuffle pivot, step hitch kick then stomp.

Believe me you will get it. Stick with it.

Carmen.

4 Day Split Cardio

Hi Kimber,

I found both step routines to be very easy to learn.

I guess I am used to Cathe's choreography since I've been doing her step workouts since 1998.

But I can't get through the Boot Camp all the way. I have a huge dread factor that kicks in when I know it is 4 day split boot camp day.

Those in out ins on the resistance band kill me. I end up wound up in the band if I use it.

Finally I just stopped using the band.

And the 12th boot camp routine - no way yet!

I am glad to know I am not the only person who has trouble with Boot Camp.

It is way harder that the original Boot Camp.

It has got to be the hardest Cathe routine I've ever done and I've done just about all of them.

Even the triceps on the ball test my abilities.

I always have to do Boot Camp cardio on it's own because it's so difficult that I can't do weights after. That pause button is used very often here. :eek:

I got HIS down on the first try (with a few "rewinds" in there!). I had LIS down on the first try as well. Like another poster said, though, I've been doing Cathe's step workouts for a long time and for some reason (even though I couldn't dance if you paid me...) I just "get" step. I used to teach it and I actually taught a lot of the moves from HIS before it even came out!

Step comes very, very easily to me (thank god!). It's my absolute favorite form of cardio and I've done it so much that new routines come easily.

Hang in there--you'll get it!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.