Another 3am morning for me....

banslug

Cathlete
.....ugh! Another 3am potty run and another morning where I can't get back to sleep. What's up with that? Usually this only happens every few weeks, but this is the 2nd time in 1 week. I may just have to cut myself off from all liquids at 9pm to avoid that bathroom run! :)

Now, just wasting some time until I hit the basement for today's workout.

Gayle

I hate when that happens to me. I'm only up this early because I'm at work by 5:15.

Have a good workout Gayle. :)

Good to know I'm not alone.

I'm going back upstairs to change and then to the basement I GO!!!!
iTread.....here I COOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!

Gayle

Good morning, you early raisers. I've been up since 4 too. I got up to do Push 3.

Gayle, I hate to suggest this, but maybe you are reaching the dreaded age when tossing and turning at night is the norm. I haven't slept through a night for years. And I used to scoff at older women who complained they couldn't sleep.

Good Morning Robin. :)

What week of the Push phase are you in? I am in the 4th and final...I love it but can't wait to start Lean! :D

What do you think of the program so far?

Robin, yeah, I'm 37 and thinking that I'm just becoming like my Mom. lol The GOOD thing about this is that I fall asleep with NO problem (knock on wood) and stay asleep until I get up at 3 to go to the bathroom. It's at that time that I just can't settle my brain and body back down. lol We'll see what happens over the next several weeks. Also, the other good thing is that I don't CRASH during the day when this happens. So it's not all THAT bad, right?

I did end up hitting the basement for my workout: iTread 1, 60 mins for over 6 miles and then Cathe core work. At least I was WIDE AWAKE! :eek:

Gayle

Gayle, I'm 52 and this happens to me every once in a while. Ironically, it happened to me last night too. I was up at 2am and finally fell back asleep around 5am. I slept a couple of hours and am now up again at 7am.

It's really frustrating isn't it? It makes me feel not so great the next day. I usually go ahead and do my workout routine, but my energy level isn't at its best.

Sorry you had a rough night!

Me too

I'm 48 and I wake up every night!! It drives me crazy. I too wake up at around 3, but now I have a routine that kinda helps me fall back asleep. I get out of bed (instead of laying there worrying that I'm not asleep) heat up milk with a lil cinnamon,vanilla,splenda in the microwave, and sometimes I'll eat half a banana if I'm having hunger pangs. I did this last night , it works like a charm. I don't know maybe part psychological or routine or whatever. I don't care it usually works. Good Luck sleepless ladies.

This has been happening to me ALOT lately. I was better for the last 2 nights, but have made an effort to reduce liquids before sleeping. On days I can stay in bed longer, then I can fall back to sleep easier, so obviously for me that part is very psychological.

Uugh! I hate mornings! I know your intention wasn't to get up so early, but those of you who do on a regular basis, either for work or just because you're early risers - here's to you! I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get up in the mornings to work out! I do feel better getting it in early, but it just doesn't last! Guess I just have to live with it!

As soon as I hit 40, I stopped sleeping through the night. I'm well on my way to 48 now. Now, if I don't see 3:00 a.m., it's been a good night. A 4-hour stretch of sleep is a great night! I always have at least 1 potty trip and sometimes 2 during the night. Before 40, I was a great sleeper. Such is life, I guess. I understand that for some women, it gets better again once they hit their mid-50s.

Gayle, oh, you're still just a kid! Yeah, you probably need to stop the fluids after dinner. I usually wake up with a hot flash (or two or four or six!!!) and then toss and turn with the brain overflow. I do crash later on, though. I can't keep my eyes open past 8:30-9:00 at night. Good job using the time productivly.

Wendy, I'm only on week one of Push. I'm loving the results I'm seeing, but I can't attibute it all to the workouts. I finally (how many years have I been posting here, and even longer, working out with Cathe?) finally cleaned up my eating. I'm doing about 1500-1600 high protein, low carb calories a day and am about 2 pounds from my "first" goal. I may aim for another 5 pounds when I reach that.

Sorry Gayle! I am usually awakened at 3 am by a very friendly but HEAVY german shepherd dog named Zeus. UGH! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.