Amy Bendo Kickboxing

>As for business practices, I think the beef about Amy has been
>blown way out of porportion. I bought Ripped from Jari's site
>when it first came out at over $30. 2 weeks later, Collage
>carried it for less than $20, then Amazon for about $13, now
>people can pick up the workout at Ross for $5.

Yes, I read that opinion on another forum. But I think the "beef" with Amy is that she lowered the price to be cheaper than the presale prices - and she lowered her prices at own site or "store", ...not at Collage or Ross or Amazon. Big difference. Especially after she said the presale price was the lowest price they would be! Add that to several other factors, and it upset several people. And the several other factors should stay on their respective boards.

Diane - did you preorder Amy's first batch? Because those who did essentially lost money when she lowered prices on her own site, especially after she said she wouldn't.

>Diane - did you preorder Amy's first batch? Because those who
>did essentially lost money when she lowered prices on her own
>site, especially after she said she wouldn't.

No, I didn't. Amy shouldn't have made a blanket statement like that (at least put a timeframe on it). I can't think of any vendor who would - a rookie mistake. But what I have read at the other forum looks like "piling on" to me. I've also noticed subtle sabatoges of sales at Collage's forum. That's very "mean girl" to me. If people think Amy's tactics were low, what excuse do they have for their own?

Life is too short. I've lost money on many things (not confined to workout DVDs). You learn your lesson, take the high road and move on. I'm not against stating the facts on forums, but this has gone beyond that.

Diane

I didn't see any piling on. I read that thread as unhappy customers venting. Customers being the key word.

I'll have to check out Collage and see if it is indeed "mean girls" or more unsatisfied venting.

>Life is too short. I've lost money on many things (not
>confined to workout DVDs).

Quoting myself here. I guess there's Karma today. I just got a refund back from an eBay seller from a bad transaction in June with a very long apology.

Diane

ETA - going back now to adjust feedback

I agree with the "mean girls" theory as this is all a bit too fishy IMO. Repeat offenders are jumping from forum to forum just to bash Amy and that’s too bad.

I personally have had nothing but positive experiences in dealing with Amy and her customer service. So she lowered her prices, big deal! Let’s give the woman a break. It’s not Armageddon, right? I believe Amy said her presale was the lowest it could be at the time due to high production costs, a moderator posted it a bit differently on another forum and that’s the gist from what I gather. She was new to the market and did/said what she thought was best. When I was a new mom and new in my career I made many mistakes. We learn from them and move on. It’s sad that some people are portraying her as a negative, malicious person. She seems to have a great spirit to me and tries hard to please everyone. As my teenage daughter would say, “don’t be a hater.”

Our family will continue to support Amy and we love her workouts. We’re also VERY excited for Cathe’s new series to arrive! With Cathe and Amy at home I hope to easily keep the pounds off over the holidays!

>I agree with the "mean girls" theory as this is all a bit too
>fishy IMO. Repeat offenders are jumping from forum to forum
>just to bash Amy and that’s too bad.
>
>I personally have had nothing but positive experiences in
>dealing with Amy and her customer service.

Well, that's all well and good, and no offense intended, but seeing as how this is one of your first posts here, is your defense of her due to a personal relationship?

FWIW, I think the whole "mean girls" comments are ridiculous and juvenile. Amy's made some pretty poor business decisions and she's taking the rap for it. It may be growing pains, it may be that she is naive about business, who knows? She's made some customers angry so she won't be getting repeat business. But sooner or later this too shall pass. Maybe things will improve, maybe they won't.

Meanwhile, I just hope these threads die off soon. I would much rather talk about Cathe and her new workouts!

-edited for spelling (need coffee)

Defense? I am certainly not being defensive only expressing my opinion just as everyone else is permitted to do here. Please do not be rude to me because I am new to these forums. I have been reading this and many other forums for a long time now and this whole subject matter has sparked my adreneline.

To answer your question about a relationship with Amy, I have had dealings with her via email if that is what is considered a "relationship" not that I need to justify this to you (NOW I'm being defensive). She was pleasant and very accomodating in her service and I feel the need to share that with the community. I love her first series and look forward to the next, particularly the kickboxing. Many others also feel this way.

For the record, I did not bring up the "mean girls" comment but continue to agree with it. What's juvinile and ridiculous to me is why people continue to beat a dead horse. Leave it alone for goodness sake! Business practices and repeat business>>> honestly, I don't care! I'm just looking for intese workouts!

I couldn't agree with you more about these threads dying off. Opinions on the workouts themselves, and that alone, would be marvelous.

This is so strange... I had never even thought of heard of Amy prior to Cathe's boards.... all the hoopla on this thread made me check it out and I actually preordered all three of her new DVDs!
I guess its true that even if its "bad press" its still press.... I adore Cathe and own 100% of inventory and use them 6 days a week... I was excited to finally find another instructor that I might like. There is room for all to be successful.
As far as "warnings" about business practices and customer service... I always judge for myself. I think I'm one of the few on the planet that has nothing but good things to say about Beachbody and I have been dealing with them for 4 years and never 1 negative thing regarding shipping, biling or customer service.
May everyone find their own "truth" about these things!

Oh Shelley -- where are you with that knife? Looking like this thread is about ready to need it. Shelley? Shelley?

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Should I be afraid of shelley, running around with knives and such?

Traci, I hope you like them. I've heard of Amy months ago but haven't tried her stuff yet because the cardio seemed either too high impact, and what wasn't, is step and my klutzy feet don't get along with step workouts. Let us know what you think of them. I'm particularly interested in the kickboxing.

This is my first post. I have NO relationship, business or otherwise :eek: with Amy.

You should be afraid of her pikes on the Target logo ball, but don't fear her knife - be thankful for it. It only comes out when a thread starts to take on a life of its own and grow in a not so pleasant way. (Or in other circumstances that we really don't need to know about - lol!) Where is she?

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

I ordered Amy's first four DVD's. When I went up to my cottage, the DVD-R's would not work on my DVD player up there. Of course, I was disappointed. I e-mailed her. She was very prompt with a response.

I told her that I wanted to order her next 2 DVD's, so she told me that she would send the first four DVD's to me that were pressed free of charge to compensate. She did as she said she would.

My first encounter with her was that time. She has been very friendly and prompt. I enjoy her personality. I think she has worked hard to get to where she is today. I know she has upset some of her customers. But tell me someone who has never upset some fo their customers. You cannot please all the people all the time.

I am a black belt in kickboxing karate - and hey, form does matter. But when I do any kiciboxing DVD's - I do correct form for me - if you execute the technique correctly you do get a better workout. I do these workouts for the cardio part of it. I have pre-ordered her next three DVD's also. I will continue ordering her workouts.

I have been doing Cathe's workouts since 1995 and I will continue to do all of hers and any of the other women out there who are willing to put out advanced workouts.

I should be getting Cathe's, Amy's and Kelly/Coffey's workouts by the end of the month. I just love to get new workouts !

Cheryl

Wow - long thread.......I didn't read it all, but I just wanted to add that I conversed with Amy via email and I told her that her step is really hard to learn and perhaps she'd consider a little bit of a breakdown like Cathe does. She was glad to hear the feedback. She informed me that she has lots of stuff on the horizon for us to look forward to. I like her....she's sincere, energetic, advanced, honest and passionate about what she does. I also found out that she has a day job right now and her business in the video market is just beginning! (stated she'd be coming out with a lower impact step workout also)

Lora (who also has Kelly Coffey and Barry's Bootcamp on preorder, as well as Amy and Cathe! -- the best of the advanced IMO)

>I agree with the "mean girls" theory as this is all a bit too
>fishy IMO. Repeat offenders are jumping from forum to forum
>just to bash Amy and that’s too bad.
>
>>
Ditto. It's one thing to talking about business-related issues on one forum, but when certain people feel they have to drag the issues to three other forums (Cathe, VF and Collage), then it begins to look an irrational vendetta.

I feel Amy shouldn't try advanced kickboxing movements if she doesn't have the training. However, if people are confident that they know good kickboxing form, then I do feel they will get a really intense workout.

Amy has definitely made some mistakes, but I feel she takes feedback seriously and is really trying to improve in any way she can. If she ever comes up with some lower impact cardio workouts, or strength workouts that don't use tubing so heavily (going by the clip of her upcoming workout), then I definitely want to give her a try.

I see no reason why the thread should die. It is a fair, rational and interesting discussion of an instructor I for one have been curious about for a while. I am still enjoying people's responses. Thanks Cheryl for yours. If you are bored with the thread, you know what to do!

Clare :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.