Aging question for Cathe

horselady21

Cathlete
Cathe, you have been such an inspiration to me through the years! I started your step routines in my 30's, and now here we are, hitting our 50's!

As I got into the late 40's, the changes in my body have been frustrating, and I have to work SO much harder to achieve anything! Being so fit all your life, what kind of changes did you experience, and what changes, if any, did you make in your life (diet and exercise) to cope?

You still look so amazing!

I am 60 and I know for me, I eat what I want, no restrictions, but.....I really watch my portion sizes. When I eat out...I automatically cut my meal in half and take half home. I workout everyday...I do something. Consistency is key. I also lift at least 3X/week (heavy as I can)...usually total body...Weights are necessary for your body. I do something different everyday. It is also important to incoporate cardio and flexibility.

Well said Karen! I like your perspective. It really IS frustrating. I'm 51 now and have noticed changes for about 3 years. This slow, insidious weight gain, aches and don't get me started on the night sweats and hot flashes...I'm about to spontaneously combust one of these days!! I would like to know what Cathe has to say about this as well. Any insight is helpful. Any small change just might make a big difference for us.

Would be great to see just a forum on Menopause and aging like a counterbalance to the Pregnancy Forum. Am sure there are a lot of folks on the that have worked out with Cathe over the years that are in this demographic group! TLC93 there are often good articles in Cathe's newsletters you might find helpful also.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.