Aerobics Shoes

i hope you love them, too! I LOVE 'EM! in fact, this thread 'caused me' ;-) to buy another pair for back up! LOL!

take care!
bq

How funny that we are so easily swayed to buy stuff! Last week I did a search on here for something (not shoes) and somehow stumbled upon an old thread about workout shoes. Well, the Ryka Enlights were talked about. In the span of about 7 minutes I had read about them and then purchased them at Zappos.com. They had only one pair left in my size (10.5)!! I have now used them twice for MIC and Hardcore Extreme. Oh how I love them! This may sound crazy, but I swear I felt like I was jumping so much higher with plyos and the high knee jogs. They are awesome!!

Hi There Deanie!

I can tell you from my experience that the Ryka Enlight II's absolutely fit true to size. They are the best pair of aerobic shoes I've ever owned. It upsets me to think eventually they won't be available anymore. Hope this helped you.

Sharon:)

Sharon, I just got my Ryka Enlight II's yesterday, and you're right the 6 fit me perfectly. I used them today and wow! what a difference! or should I say wow what a feeling!:) Deanie

THANKS A LOT!

I have been TRYING to ignore this thread for the past week and I finally caved and ordered my very fist pair of Enlights II! I ordered my true size 7 and hoping they fit. I have 7, 7 1/2 & 8 in all my other Rykas. HOPING the 7 fits! Thanks a lot you guys...YOU made me DO IT! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: THANKS A LOT!

heeheehee...i know how you feel debbie (fellow enable-ee :p) ....but one thing to be sure..being 'enabled' here at cathe's forums by the 'educated crowd'... is a GOOD THING...because the rec's are ALWAYS GOOD. :D

enjoy your enlights!!
bq

I have a very bad right knee that I injured when I was running high mileage (55 miles a week) on hilly surfaces. I was able to run a marathon and six half marathons afterwards when I was under the care of a sports chiropractor. About a year and a half ago, I started to do step classes again, and I do about six a week. Now that I have a club sized step in my home, I purchased one of Cathe's workouts, and I am hooked. My knee began to act up again, and I eventually had an MRI which showed some damage, but the orthopedist said I didn't need surgery. I wear an ACE knee brace on it, but I want to buy studio shoes that give the best support as I want to do some more of Cathe's high impact workouts.

My question is this:

Do the shoes that come higher on the ankle give more support? I am thinking of purchasing a pair of Ryka N Gage studio shoes. Thank you.

Caitlin

BQ and Caitlin!

BQ~I agree! You all sure know how to empty one's wallet! :7 I can't wait. I am hoping I got the right size. I keep thinking I should have ordered a 7 1/2. Thanks for all the info! Caitlin~YES, hightops definitely help support the ankle. Good Luck and I hope these help to calm your knees down. BTW, WELCOME to Cathe's place. Nice to have you here!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: BQ and Caitlin!

I also placed an order at Zappos for Ryka Rhythm II and New Balance WF 825. I normally wear New Balance, but wanted to give the Rykas chance. They are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I needed new shoes really bad and I can't wait to try them. I have bought several different brands/styles over the last year and I don't like any of them. I keep going back to my worn out New Balance because they feel better, but definitely are worn out. Hopefully one of the 2 will work, and I can send back the pair that I don't like.

Hello, all and Debbie,

I ordered a pair of Ryka Enlight 2, and I found them on the site that was listed here. This thread has been so helpful to me. I figured that I would try them before I bought a pair of Rhythms or N Gages. I know my right knee is damaged, and I usually do the step at a height of 8 inches, and lessen up on jumping and so on. Having the step at 8 inches increases the intensity and makes up for not jumping so much. I love Cathe's Low Max, and I want to order Muscle Max, Kick Max, Imax 2 plus Cardio and Weights. I will see how I do with the new shoes, and I also wonder if I can do the Imax 2 video on 8 inches and modify some of the plyos and so on.

I am also an AFFA certified Personal Trainer, and I have been working out for 20 years. Shhhhh...that gives away my age.

Cheers,

Caitlin, you sound like my twin!! I've been working out for over 15 years and also have an AFAA Personal Trainer cert. It was from when they first introduced it. I have the exact knee problem as you. I do Low Max on 8" and try not to jump. I get such a great workout on the 8". My knee is a bit iffy at that height, but better than if I jumped on the step. For some reason I am able to do plyos. The Enlights are like heaven!! I have had little knee pain. Now I have to figure out how to do leg press and squats pain free. Unfortunately I have to take lots of Aleve the days after doing legs. Oh and I just recently started doing IMAX 2 on the 8" with little jumping. I get a great workout that way! I wish Cathe would make more Low Maxes!! Take care and enjoy your shoes!

Hello, penguinchik,

I only have one workout DVD by Cathe, and it is Low Max. After I did it for several times, I don't care that much for any of my other DVD's now. I also think that Cathe's music is the best.

I understand about taking Aleve, but you can also use Icy Hot on your knee to alleviate the pain. I also like the patches made by Joint Flex, and they come with a little sleeve to hold the patch on the knee. How did you hurt your knee? I am also reading about and Imax 1 workout, and I don't know where to find it on Cathe's list of DVD's.

Caitlin!

Here is a link that will take you to the DVD page. Scroll down and you will find IMax. (That is actually the short term for Interval Max (GREAT workout!!!) It comes on the same DVD as Rhythmic Step. Next time you want to find the DVD's, just go to the home page and click on DVD's at the top of the page. Let us know what you decide!

http://www.cathe.com/tab_DVD.htm

Also Caitlin!

Click on "Tell me more" when you want to read more info about that workout.

RE: Caitlin!

Thanks a bundle, and I listened to most of the ten minutes on that DVD page to see the workouts. I was planning to order the Rhythmic Step DVD, but I didn't know that the second work out there was Imax 1. Smiles.

I just got the Ryka Affirms today. They do feel much better than New Balance.

But, after wearing them around the house and playing around with my step, I decided they aren't going to give the lateral support I need for stepping. They're not high-top enough. So I got online and ordered the N-Gages.

If you're a stepper I would suggest bypassing the lower style Rykas.
But I sure do like the brand.

: )

Bella

Bad news...I always used and loved my New Balance 608's and 609's, the latter more so. Now NB has discontinued the 609's, so I got the replacements, the 620's. Not a great replacement:( My right forefoot hurts and then goes numb after awhile...not good. So I've caved (finally) and ordered my first pair of Ryka's, the Enlight II's...if they have that forefoot padding I need so much, then I'll have to zip back and order a second pair.

One thing worries me: I normally order a wide 6 and on this order, my only option seemed to be a B width 6.5, so I hope that works...If Ryka is discontinueing the Enlights (sp! I know), then here we go with the replacements....x(

I jumped on this bandwagon last year and found that the Rykas weren't very good for supporting my feet, even though I wished they were. My feet just hurt in them before the warm-ups were even done. I tried several different brands and ended up going back to New Balance becuase these always felt great.

I have wide feet and the b-width Rykas felt great to me, so I hope they'll work for you too. The toe box is nice and wide.

: ) Bella

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.