advice on workout gear

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

I am looking for workout gear (preferably pants) that are affordable, sweat resistant, comfortable and stays in position. I love Cathe's, but would not really know what size to buy (I can't follow size charts, I have to try them on).
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated (name brand, $$, where to find, how they fit, ect.).

Thank you,

Natasha

I love the C9 gear at Target. It is a brand from champion. I use the capris they have as well as the running pants. They are affordable and fit well. I only wish they had a long zippered pocket in the back like my Nike ones...but for the price they can´t be beat

I mostly have Adidas capris and shorts. Lucky enough to have found them at outlets and TJ Maxx at a good price. I also like Champion. Both brands wash & hold up very well. I prefer Nike for sports bras.

Lisa

Yup C9, at Target. Wear well, wash well, hold up well, reasonably priced. I did have a neon yellow sports bra from them that ran onto a white shirt while I was out running. I looked like I had headlights!!!:):p:p :eek: And, it had been worn and washed a few times prior.

If you stay away from neon yellow, you should be ok :p:p:p

Nan

Xersion

Another vote for c9 from Target...can't beat the price and they fit well and last.

I like c9 from Target, too. :)

Another brand I use a lot is JCPenney's Xersion. They are very reasonably priced and hold up well in the wash. I especially like the workout pants! They have a variety of Xersion pant styles and colors to fit your liking (i.e. capri, semi-fit, fitted, full length, boot cut, shorts, different waistband widths, etc. :eek: ).

I am totally into Xersion which is JC Penney's store brand. It is made from surprisingly nice fabric, it is reasonably priced, there are often coupons, it is major cute :D :D, and they have new complete outfits come out almost monthly. In fact it is almost as much of a budget buster as new videos ;)

I also like Target work-out bras for the price. Great colors and very supportive, and they last forever.

If you can justify the price and don't mind ordering on-line (she does take a lot of things to the road trips where you can try on) Feel Fit Wear (Feelfitwear.com--Veronica has provided the outfits for Cathe and Crew for her last several work-out series)

Again, if you can justify the price, I absolutely ADORE Lululemon. Stores are popping up everywhere now and they are also online. A lot of their stuff can double as regular casual wear. The store that opened up in Fort Worth in April has cost me a fortune!!!

I have had pretty good luck at Walmart. They have some Danskin brand clothing that is wicking, not too expensive, and fairly cute. I like my capris, they are double sided, so two styles for the price of one. I buy my bras there too, the danskin for high impact seems to work ok. I buy a size smaller than my regular bra.

Hi Natasha: Fellow Canadian here...I LOVE my Gap Bodyfit sexy booty pants, capris etc. I am a pe teacher and they hold up super well. I get balck ones when they are on sale and they are my uniform. You can get them on the gapcanada site. wait til they have a 40% or a sale and you can usually get them for 25$ Totally worth it. you can even get ankle length (petite) I am 5'4.75 and they fit perfectly. I find they keep their color (black for me), keep their shape after many washes and all i do is wash inside out and 75% of the time i forget and they even end up in the dryer. They are made of a thicker material that really sucks you in, they hit just below the belly but don't give you a muffin because the elastic is gradual..
I used to be a costco girl but i find these are worth the extra 7$ (if on sale) I would even pay and extra 15...i all i used to wear were the costco ones (which are also pretty great..) I find the material compareable to lululemon actually...Even though i wear them for work i have a hard time convincing myself that i need to spend over 75 for workout pants...but that is just me...I even had a 150$ gift card for lulu and ended up buying other stuff;)

for workout bras...Go to costco! they have champion 2 packs for 23$$ they are great! they also have nice tank bras in their home brand..
stephanie

...it is major cute :D :D, and they have new complete outfits come out almost monthly. In fact it is almost as much of a budget buster as new videos ;)

I agree - budget buster for sure!! I think it's the VERY cute outfits and the great coupons in addition to the sale prices...makes it extremely difficult to say "no" lol. I was at JCP this past weekend checking out the new black and purple sets... :eek: :D

I agree - budget buster for sure!! I think it's the VERY cute outfits and the great coupons in addition to the sale prices...makes it extremely difficult to say "no" lol. I was at JCP this past weekend checking out the new black and purple sets... :eek: :D

And that pink and orange set with the matching jacket is calling to me :eek:

Zellers

Try Zellers - They have a line called Sportek (? - something like that) that is affordable and durable & cute. Plus they are always having sales - look for the 30% off sales, or the buy one get one half price. Occasionally you can hit the jackpot when they have their buy one get one free sales.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.