about Tabatacise

~Elsie

Cathlete
I'd love to know,
How complex are the Step portions of Tabatacise? And is there much one foot jumping/landing?
Is the -Scissor Scissor Wide Tuck- done on step at all?

(for reference, I can pretty much handle the step of 40-20, but not Athletic Step).

Elsie - it's so easy, even I can do it! The first step blast is a power 15, next is a hop up step back type move, then there's a 'swim' on the step, a ricochet is in there somewhere as well, and finally a leap across the step. Someone else is bound to know the correct names (and order) for the moves.....

Scissor scissor tuck is on the floor. If you can do 40-20 step you can do Tabtacise step. The workout is one of my favourites.

Step in tabatacise is mainly used during recovery between each tabata drill.:)

This means you get to recover after each four minutes. It is very simple you will be fine!;)
Scissors - Scissors tuck wide tuck (my favourite plyo move) is performed on the floor. LOL it is easy enough already landing on the floor:D:D
Do not inspire cathe into gettting us working even harder LOL. Oops hope she is not reading this.

How about scissors - scissors followed by a jump box on 3 risers;);)
Lol;)

Last edited:
Elsie, I'm another one who cannot handle any choreography what-so-ever. I find I lose the intensity of the move if I have to concentrate too much on what my feet are doing. It took me forever to learn the step between blasts for Imax 3 but I love Tabatacise since the step portions don't require much concentration and gives me the extra time to stop slobbering from the tabatas LOL!
Jamie

Thanks for answering me ladies. You're really the best! :) So good to hear that it isn't too complicated for me cause I tend to like these types of workouts. Not ALL the time, but when I need a sweaty challenge!

a ricochet is in there somewhere as well
Okay, that one scares me! I couldn't mix that one in at all in Athletic Step, lol, but I think when it isn't layered on all that other stuff, I could manage.

Thanks for answering me ladies. You're really the best! :) So good to hear that it isn't too complicated for me cause I tend to like these types of workouts. Not ALL the time, but when I need a sweaty challenge!

Okay, that one scares me! I couldn't mix that one in at all in Athletic Step, lol, but I think when it isn't layered on all that other stuff, I could manage.

If you are looking for a sweaty challenge, tabatacise is the one. In fact if you want an extra challenge for
your LUNGS;);), tabatacise 5 is definetely what you need.
It is a huff and puff challenge on top of the sweaty fest:D;)

That being said you do not need to attempt all five on your first try out. You can gradually build up from one, two
etc....you have the option on your DVD.:)

As a crossover from the favorites thread...this one is another one of my absolute favorites. Not complex, just hard work. Definitely gets the job done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.