A Very Sad Day!

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I never had a pet so I can't say that I know how you feel, but for what it's worth I will say a prayer for you and your family. And yes, I bet Dakota was right there to help Hampton settle in! Take care and God bless.

Cathe,
Yes, bless their little souls! I'm sure Dakota and Hampton are united and happy to be back together at last. I have three aging dogs, the remaining "puppies" in what used to be an even larger brood. So I know how tough it is when they pass on, especially when it happens suddenly, and how deep the loss can be even though they're "just pets." Hang in there, and keep focusing if you can on the good memories from all the years you had together!
Best wishes.

Please accept my sincerest condolences. There is a website
www.petlossquilt.com where you can create a memorial patch for Hampton (Dakota too) to add to the cyber quilt created by other people who have lost their beloved pets. Maybe that would help? As the mom of 3 dachshunds I tear up when I even think of anything happening to them. One of my "boys" has been through back surgery, hernia surgery and medication toxicity and I was pretty much paralyzed with grief each time. Thankfully he has pulled through but I know the day will come when I'll be grieving as you and your family are. Take comfort in knowing Hampton's life was happy and content and filled with love and that he'll be waiting for you at the Bridge.

Lorrie

Cathe
Sorry for your loss
Pets are members of our families what a nice picture you have painted of Dakota and Hampton playing together.
My prayers are with you
Lisa

Oh, Cathe -- I ache for you . . . . :(

I remember when we had to put our sweet German Shephard, Ebonee, down 10 years ago. She suffered from bone problems and cancer. And she was quite young, considering (only 7 human years). She was surrounded by her family (my Mom, Dad, and myself) when the procedure took place. I held her sweet head in my arms as she passed away peacefully. It was an awful day -- I wept that entire day, and for several days afterwards. It truly was the loss of a family member. I loved her so . . . . still get choked up when I think about her -- have tears in my eyes now . . . but there are so many wonderful things to remember about her. I truly understand what it feels like; I am so, so sorry.

Oh Cathe :(

I hadn't been on in a week or so and came to find this terrible news. I know how hard it is. I had to have my 2 cats of 16 yrs put down in 2001 due to renal failure. To say the least it was the 2nd most painful loss in my life so far. I have 4 dogs and 4 cats now and it seems to help along the way . All i can do is say a prayer for you and your family and assure you that it does get better with time. Hold on to those memories, they will help you get through it. I know that my Sissy & Tuffy are at peace and know how much they were loved and cherished, just like Dakata and Hampton do

Love and peace to you and yours Cathe,
Candy :)

Cathe, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's so sad that our pets only live a fraction of the time that we do.

And I really need to stop reading these pet threads cause they make me cry everytime.

Cathe,

I just read this today. I'm so very, very sorry! It is so hard to lose a beloved companion, and especially hard when it is unexpected! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

Cathe - Just saw this Monday a.m. I am so sorry. My black lab/mutt died of kidney disease four years ago. She was only three. It was so difficult for me to put her down. I told myself I would wait a year to get another dog, but lo and behold my beloved Montana (I rescued her) crossed my path one month later. She's eight now and I love her to pieces. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take good care.

Mar:(

Dear Cathe,

I just read this this morning and can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Hampton. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were reading about Dakota, and now you're living through this again. I just put my 19-year-old cat to sleep a few months ago after losing her 17-year-old buddy the year before, and it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I wish you peace as you make your way through this very sad time and hope you find comfort in your wonderful memories.

-Marie

Cathe, I know I'm late in responding. I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I have lost pets before and I know how badly it hurts. I also have a 12 year old Keeshond who is really starting to show her age, which tugs at my heart. I haven't ever had to experience the loss with my children, like you are having to now. I know that's got to make it even harder. I pray that it will get easier with time and the memories of Hampton will become joyful, instead of painful.

With much love {{{Cathe}}}

http://people.delphiforums.com/fitmom/allisig1-2.jpg

Cathe,

I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that you were able to spend 13 wonderful years with Hampton. Just know that his spirit will remain with your family through your memories of his playful antics and affection, and that he is smiling down on your family as a happy, healthy puppy forevermore.

I just got 2 kittens (Lulu and Kiki aka Loco and KooKoo), littermates that were abandoned at a (kill) shelter. They are the light of my life now - in spite of their mischievous behavior! It pains me to think of losing them, and pains me more to imagine losing one because they are so close - yesterday one of them accidentally shut herself in a bedroom and they were both miserable!

But I guess knowing that their lives are so much shorter than ours is the tradeoff for enjoying the years we have with them, and knowing that they love us as much as we love them.

Remember that time heals all wounds, and until then - vigorous exercise will keep those endorphins kicking and hopefully relieve you from your grief.

Take care,

Joni

I am so sorry for your loss. I am an avid animal lover and have 2 dogs myself. They are like our children. We have had many issues with both our animals. Our female suffers from hip dysplasia and our male has a very sensitive stomach which causes him to bleed every month and both dogs have to be on medication to help their conditions. I understand your loss and send my sympathies to you and your family.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.