A little bit about ourselves..

What a wonderful post!

Well here goes. I am 41 years young, today ! I am married for the second time and have two great kids. My daughter Amy is 14 and a soccer player and my son Scott is 12 and a hockey/basketball player. I own my a business which allows me the luxory of spending a lot of time with my very active children. I have been an avid exerciser for 20 years and discovered Cathe six years ago. Thru her and WW I have lost 23 pounds and have managed to keep to off for two years. I too live in Canada.

I'm 37 and live in Columbia, MD. I have a 13 year old son, a dh for 13 years (we dated forever before that), and a 7 year old dog.

I work with computers. I enjoy Cathe tapes, & some of the older Firm tapes. I would love to do yoga but can't seem to relax enough.

I'm lucky that I don't gain weight very easily but it makes it hard to build muscle. I got into exercise about 10 years ago because I was interested in body building, I saw an add for the firm in a fitness magazine, than discovered Cathe because she was discussed a lot on the Firm forum.

I get so much good info. from this board. I can't wait to receive Cathe's new workouts.

>Okay, here's my true confession, PLEEEAAASE
>don't slam me. I kind
>of discovered this site by
>accident. I've never even seen
>a Cathe tape! However, I'm
>actually a member at Four
>Seasons and my own trainer
>is Steve from Cathe's videos!!!!
>I promise to get to
>a class soon so I
>can earn my right to
>post on the board! How
>amazing to have been this
>close to celebrity for two
>years and not known it!

It's a good thing you told us not to slam you, or we would be all
over you for your terrible secret!! ;-)
Seriously, though, as such an experienced exerciser who takes classes from the BEST, please keep posting and share your knowledge with us, okay? :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-02 AT 12:46PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi!
I am 38 years old. I love that there are alot of people on this forum that are my age! I've been married 18 happy years and have two teenage boys, ages 14 and 17. I am loving the teenager years! My boys are very active in sports: football, wrestling and especially baseball.
I am the bookkeeper for my husband's construction business and I also own a gift shop. In January I will be selling my portion of the shop and hope to have more time for Cathe videos!
My hobbies are antiquing, gardening, antiquing, sewing, antiquing, decorating, and antiquing!
I have two English Bulldogs: Oscar and Savannah. They are my babies and I spoil them rotten!
Over the past 6 months, I have lost 24 pounds and 24 inches and Cathe's videos have been a huge part of my success. My goals are to continue to build muscle and tone.
I have gained alot of motivation and inspiration from this forum. Thank you!

Margie

Hi Juli!!
I live right down the street from you in Arnold, Maryland. The company I work for has a site in Clarksville, Md.
Trevor :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-02 AT 07:52PM (Est)[/font][p]Trevor and bfj,

Hi right back at yah, Do either of you belong to the Columbia Association? Trevor, I was sort of near you today, we did the corn maze at the Naval Acadamy Dairy Farm site.

I"m 44, Jewish, A Virgo, 3 cats, one daughter age 22 she's a hairdresser. I am a Federal Fraud Investigator 21 years now ever since college. I'm a widow of 2 and 1/2 years now. My hobby is working out and movies.

Edith

Hi Juli,
Actually, we are planning to join the association next month, (after a very busy year!) since we'll be using the indoor pool more often. Do you use your membership quite a bit? It defenitely is a great opportunity, isn't it?

You guys stay safe.
Bita :)

Hi Juli and Bita!
I don't belong to the Columbia Association but quite a few co-workers I know do belong to it. My club is the Big Vanilla in Arnold, Maryland right next to Anne Arundel Community College if you are familiar with that area.
Juli, we did that corn maze last year. It was very humid and warm outside but we completed it, along with Brandon, our youngest who was about 7 months at the time.
Very cool having Cathe fans so close!!!
Trevor

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-02 AT 11:27AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Trevor!
What a small world! I know where the Big Vanilla Club is! I've heard great things about their facilities and weight room. I've also heard it's a fantastic place to play tennis!
That is awesome that you get to go there. More power to you.
Bita :)

hi Bita,

Actually we just belong to the outdoor pools which we do use a lot. I used to belong to Spa Lady but that went under. Right now I mainly use exercise tapes, free weights and my soloflex machine.

Hi all,

My name is Becky. I live in Las Cruces, NM although I'm slowly moving to Rio Rancho, NM. I'm a vegetarian and usually (90% of the time) vegan. I'm 27 and finishing the last semester of college. I plan to work for Intel when I graduate (have already worked for them this past summer). I'm in the process of divorcing my husband of 4 1/2 years and find exercise to be the best thing for reducing my stress level.

I work out 5-6 times per week usually doing cardio and weights every day (Cathe DVDs only, I have 6 so far). In the few moments of free time I have, I play with my kitten, Luna.

I really enjoy reading everyone's posts. It's a pleasure being a part of the Cathe community.

Becky

24 lbs and 24 inches in 6 months? If you don't mind me asking, where did the 24" come off of? All over, or one particular area? Anyway, very inspiring story! Congratulations! :-jumpy

I am married to Jim and very happy :) We have two adult children and one granddaughter, two birds (I think one of them was a car alarm in a previous life) and a big dog.

Jim is a meteorologist and I am a network admin/tech/webmaster at a zoo. We live in deep S. Texas, just a few miles from Mexico.

I began my fit life with Body-For-Life and will complete my first 12 wk challenge Nov 3rd. I found Cathe through a friend/co-worker who recommended PS for a change-up after 4 wks of BFL workouts. I am now among the Cathe-addicts who thinks all of her videos are a requirement for life as we know it ;-)

dee c.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.