A funny compliment!

MelanieC

Cathlete
This is funny and kind of embarrassing at the same time...

So I'm in my late 30's, and I have a girlfriend who is 23. We were visiting last night, and she said "so what have you been doing, cause your butt looks awesome". I told her all about LIS and how I've been focusing on Cathe's lower body workouts twice a week.

The really embarrassing part is that she told me others in her group of friends were commenting on "older" women who are in good shape, and again they all commented on my butt. First of all, I had no idea people sit around talking about other people's butts (especially mine!!!!!), and I should probably be irritated that they consider me an "older" woman, but I sort of secretly feel kind of, slightly, you know, just a little...pleased :)

So I'm in my late 30's, and I have a girlfriend who is 23. We were visiting last night, and she said "so what have you been doing, cause your butt looks awesome". I told her all about LIS and how I've been focusing on Cathe's lower body workouts twice a week.

The really embarrassing part is that she told me others in her group of friends were commenting on "older" women who are in good shape, and again they all commented on my butt. First of all, I had no idea people sit around talking about other people's butts (especially mine!!!!!), and I should probably be irritated that they consider me an "older" woman, but I sort of secretly feel kind of, slightly, you know, just a little...pleased :)

Ya, apparently, if you are older than 30, you are considered "old" :rolleyes:
I have found during my life, the older a woman gets, the sexier she becomes. An ex-boss of mine, 43 with 3 children, looked smokin' hot!! No younger woman could compete. She had confidence and a wonderful personality. I greatly admired her.

You should feel pleased. Age has nothing to do with it. And for the record, I think woman talk about other women's butts more than men do.

Go out and strut your stuff! You work hard and deserve it!

Natasha

That's great! That's a bigger compliment coming from those 20 something gals then it would EVER be coming from a man! Atleast for me! :)

Awesome! I always tell people about my secret weapon Cathe! It's nice to have people notice all your hard work, isn't it?

Take it as a compliment. ( My Mom told me to always take a compliment and enjoy it) Yes, I'm more ancient than Cathe.
And, I would guess that you look as young as your friend does as well.
My true age is 50 but my mistaken age is 38.

I also wanted to add I got the same kind of compliment from my 16 year old niece! (I'm 39). She's so funny. She said it in front of a whole bunch of family so I turned a little red in the face but I still had to smile. ;)

The guys bringing in the carts at the grocery store told me I had the best butt they'd seen all day. I'm 35. First it made me feel weird, but then it was just awesome! A few months ago at church, a couple ladies complemented me on my cute tooshie, and it was WAY better to hear that from another woman!!

Last edited:
The guys bringing in the carts at the grocery store told me I had the best butt they'd seen all day. I'm 35. First it made me feel weird, but then it was just awesome! A few months ago at church, a couple ladies complemented me on my cute tooshie, and it was WAY better to hear that from another woman!!

Natalie,

I loved this!! I can't believe the cart guys actually had the guts to tell you! And then the women at church!! Your bum must be the "highlight" wherever you go. That's amazing, you should feel great about it ;)

Hello All...this is my first time posting but I had to chime in on this one...a couple of weeks ago my 22 year old daughter was lying on the couch while I was doing Cardio + Weights and when I was doing box lunges, she piped up and said "now I know why you have such a great butt!". I think it was the best compliment I've ever gotten! Thank you Cathe!!

You should be pleased, though people are funny and kind of "crass" when they feel free to speak of such subjects in the presence of the object of their scrutiny :eek::confused:.

Oh well, congratulations on the observed shapeliness of your bottom!

Natalie,

I loved this!! I can't believe the cart guys actually had the guts to tell you! And then the women at church!! Your bum must be the "highlight" wherever you go. That's amazing, you should feel great about it ;)

Well, the cart guys were probably 20 at the most and lacking in maturity and a filter from their mind to their mouth; and if you consider the state of most butts seen at Walmart on a Saturday night...well, let's just stop there! (who just said that?!) :p

I work hard for this hiney! I hope it's a highlight!:eek: LOL!

Love this thread. I just had to chime in since I got the same compliment at work tonight. One of my patients (a sweet little 98 year old lady) waved 'come here' to me and whispered in my ear, "You have a cute little figure and a really great behind." She made my night :)

I'm almost 45 years old so I know for a fact 20 yr olds think thats ancient,well my daughters do they are 20,21& 25. I also know im in better shape then a lot of their friends. And you being in you're 30's are young too. Compliments coming from younger women are way better than from men. Considering how catty we can be.

Awesome job on a nice butt!!!!

cgishops.com

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.