A full CXT check-in

Aimee

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!!! How's your all's week been? Not to much to report here, so I'm going to jump right in!! MON- CXT bi's a.m., CXT chest p.m. TUES- CXT back, WED- CXT shoulders a.m., Leaner legs p.m. THURS- CXT tri's FRI- CXT bi's a.m., CXT chest p.m. SAT- CXT back SUN- Today I'm going to do Leaner Legs and CXT shoulders. Hopefully, I won't have to come back and edit this
wink.gif
!

Hope this doesn't BACKFIRE...

Mornin' Everyone!

I'm not one to check in BEFORE my Sunday workout, cuz I just don't know WHAT can happen and then I might have to come back and "EDIT" it. (gasp!)
happy.gif
I'm one of those who likes my post "clean". And for the record, that's probably about the only thing .... certainly not my house.... LOL!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Anyway.... Had a Great week.... Enjoying the heck out of the new tapes. I am more into the weight work from them, cuz I have to be very careful with the cardio. High Impact is NOT my style!
wink.gif

Mon: All Step (just the first section to get the body warmed up and ready to go). Then I strung together all the weight sections from the CTX series. Pre-cued ... (I'm headed for that DVD from tape over-usage YET!!! LOL).... I call that my "CTX Upper Body" and then did 10 minutes of abs

Tues: It's Time To Move, It's Time To Groove (Andre Houle -- which I MUST get over to VF and write a review for -- TODAY), Lean Legs (quickly becoming my FAVORITE)

Wed: Low Jam (Andre Houle), 1st section of Hi/Lo Heaven

Thurs: Step & Abs class at the gym with my favoritest teacher

Fri: Rest Day -- yep! Cuz we all need 'em...
happy.gif
However, this was an UNPLANNED rest day. was GOING to do "CTX Upper Body". BUT... got lazy when I got home from work and just never got around to it!!!
sad.gif

Sat: Made up for yesterday's rest day..... Started with the CTX Kickbox tape (for warmin' up them muscles).. then did "CTX Upper Body" and then did CTX Leaner Legs.... Yes, yes, yes! That was an excellent workout.... (yes, I'm still walking)

Sun: Haven't gotten there yet, but intend on going to the gym for a spin class!
happy.gif
Wahhhhhooooooo.....

The gym has noticed my absence lately! The program director says they miss me in their classes (think maybe the classes are quieter??? tee-hee).... She guessed, "NEW TAPES?".... Yep!!!
wink.gif

I plan on trying to do the CTX Upper Body and Lean Legs 2x a week for a few weeks and see how I do with this. I love, love, love Leaner Legs and I think it's going to be my "leg" tape.... although I do need to throw that table work in somewhere.
sad.gif
Of course, if anything bulks up, I'm back to more cardio and only ONCE a week on the stuff. I just know with one body part per day, I'll end up taking 2 weeks or more to get through the series.... Hmmmmmm.....

School is back in session, so I'm back to 4:30 a.m. workouts in the beginning of the week. Of course, by the end of the week I canNOT drag my body out of bed to do the workouts so early, so I end up having "unplanned rest days"...
wink.gif
I am NOT a morning person! The CTX tapes are GREAT for shorter workouts.... gettin' the job done in a heck of alot less time! Thanx Cathe!!!!
happy.gif

Hope everyone had a great week!
Cleda

Hi Aimee&Cleda

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-00 AT 02:06PM (EST)</font></center>

I've been doing the CTX tapes since I got them, 2 per day! Boy do I love these tapes! This week I might just do I cardio portion and add 20 minutes or so from another tape! My little one had a cold and I feel run down so I don't want to push it with 60 minutes of all out Cardio! For the weight work I will continue to do 2 body parts per day.
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Power Circuit& All Step (Back&Shoulders)
Tuesday:Step& Intv.& Kickbox(Chest&Biceps)
Wednesday: AllStep&10-10-10(Shoulders&Triceps)
Thursday:CurcuitMax(Chest&Back) Friday:!0/10/10 TKO
Saturday:CTX Tricps&Biceps&Abs(no Cardio Today)
Cleda~
How does it feel to do ALL the UPPER BODY in one workout?
Maria :eek:)

Week #2 CTX

Hey all! Getting this over and done with early so as not to subject y'all to another 3 week check-in!
happy.gif
Had a really good week, just did each CTX tape once, no amazonian workouts for this girl! I honestly want to give this CTX rotation a try all by it's lonesome, but I have a feeling my impatient self won't be able to stand it formore than 4 weeks. Not because they're not a total blast, mind you, I'm just a really easily bored person. Plus I'm actually starting to miss Imax and Bodymax. (Did I just say that?) I've been doing the CTX tapes in the exact order that they came in, but I think I'm gonna mix 'em up this week for safety and variety's sake. Ok, here's the week:

Sunday: CTX Step and Intervals plus Chest, I'm finding the chest work in this one is really hard for me to isolate the muscle.

Monday: Rest day, off to Frankenmuth for some yummy chicken!
happy.gif

Tuesday: CTX Kickbox plus Biceps, good workout!

Wednesday: CTX 10-10-10 plus Triceps. Got down that double ricochet! Found my forearms fatiguing on the tricep work.

Thursday: CTX All Step plus Shoulders. What a fun workout!

Friday: CTX Power Circuit plus Back. I might up the weights on the one arm rows next time, the lightest weights are just too light.

Saturday: Aerojump, only 10 minutes. I'm definitely getting more coordinated, but I was kinda pooped from power circuit yesterday and my knees were a bit achy as well. CTX Leaner Legs. Man, I love it when my legs shake! This is truly a killer workout! I am going to make certain in the future that I do a serious stretch of my calves before the static lunges. They just cramp up and then I can't complete the set. I also may change the subsequent deadlifts to all 4-4 counts, I just feel it so much more when it's slower.

Well that's the week, I definitely felt that these tapes were more intense cardio-wise than my first attempts. Big plus since I thought that I might need to add on to these. Next week I think I'll do them in this order: Step & Intervals Chest, Power Circuit Back, Kickbox Biceps, 10-10-10 Triceps, All Step Shoulders, Leaner Legs. Hopefully this will space everything out really nicely. Have a great week everyone!!!

Elizabeth Kelly
happy.gif

short week

Planned a great week using the new tapes but only made it thru half-way due to a sick baby and definite lack of sleep!!

Mon: CXT Kickbox and PS CST

Tues: IMAX and PS BBA (can't keep IMAX out of my rotation...I don't feel like I have really challenged myself unless I do this at least once a week. I'm up to 8" STEP level
happy.gif

Wed: TIRED! but mangaed to do 10-10-10 and skipped PS Legs
sad.gif

Thurs: CK and CXT Bis/Tris

FRI: up most of the night slept in!

Sat: Slept in!

Sun: All Step but didn't get in abs or weight work.

Oh well hopefully he will be better next week!

Enjoy those new rotations!

My Week!

This was definitely NOT a great week, as I'm still getting over this cold/allergy thing...whatever it is! I've been really exhausted lately with lots of congestion. It's finally starting to break up, thank God! I'm one of those who has NO patience for waiting to heal!

Anyway....

Monday: Happy Hour Hi-Lo plus Abs

Tuesday: Felt LOUSY. Took a major REST day.

Wednesday: MIS Upper Body plus Abs

Thursday: STILL feeling really wiped out. ANOTHER unwanted rest day.

Friday: Circuit Max

Saturday: Power Max - - I miss some of the older tapes! I had such fun doing this...I think I'm going to do stick in those "older" tapes once in a while just for fun!

Sunday: Today is another wash-out, as we were out until 2 a.m. at a Mets ball game last night...so slept WAY past my usual workout time...I guess it's another rest day for me!

Hope everyone's week is good!

Tania

Andre Houle?

<<Tues: It's Time To Move, It's Time To Groove <<(Andre Houle -- which I MUST get over to VF and <<write a review for -- TODAY),

Cleda: What kind of an instructor is Andre Houle? Just wondering. Always interested in instructors I know NOTHING about. Thanks!

Tania

O.K having a pity party

hi everyone,
You would think with all of Cathe's great new tapes I would be charged and ready to workout but I have been in such a slump lately I guess I'm trying to get everything ready for back to school(MON)so I need encouragement anywho here's my week:
Mon. NUTTIN
Tues.CARDIOKICKS
WED.NUTTIN
Thurs.CARDIOKICKS and TREADMILL 45min.
Fri.NUTTIN
Sat.Nuttin
Sun.I hope to do Imax today
So tell me is'nt this a shame is this not sad I was tempted to call them rest days but I figured you guy's would call me out on them(hehe)
Hoping for a better week back on track ready to tackle Cathe's tapes(or at least die trying)
TTFN,
Marisol

Hey Marisol!

You're getting ready to go back to school right? Man, that's stress in itself! If you get in IMAX today, then it isn't a sad little week
wink.gif
! We all have slumps. Maybe you're just listening to you body like we're all supposed to do. When you do get to try the tapes, let us know what you think. It's weird, but for the most part I've been doing two a day, and I have more energy now than I did doing two of the older tapes a day. I think it's because the cardio isn't as long. Or maybe just because it's something new. Oh, I don't know, I sure do love these tapes
happy.gif
! Anyway, don't worry, you'll get back on track in no time!!

my week

Hi everyone--your weeks look great, and as far as anyone with unplanned rest days, don't feel bad! I had them this week too, and we all got in more than a lot of people out there did! That's what I'm telling myself, anyway
happy.gif

Here's my week:
SUNDAY: 10-10-10 cardio, All Step cardio plus abs from all step

MONDAY: Step and Intervals, and abs pfrom Power C.

TUESDAY: PS CST (upped my weights and loved it!)

WEDNESDAY: 10-10 (first two parts) and 2 sectons of Stepworks = 45 min cardio, plus 5 min abs from All Step

THURSDAY: rest day (planned)

FRIDAY: Unplanned rest (planned 60 min of non-step cardio, but boyfriend back in town after a week of travel, sooo....)

SATURDAY: Unplanned rest
sad.gif
this one was a real bummer! We got in the car and headed up to Sedona to do a long day hike, and halfway there his car started shaking like crazy! We turned around and drove it thirty miles back to the dealer, and our tire was separating from the wheel! Ugh, we are lucky, and stupid to have driven without knowing what was wrong! Anyway, it should have been a leg day, but it urned into nothing because by the time we got back I just blew off the workout. Oh, well.

SUNDAY: It's going to be a make-up day! My plan:
Leaner Legs, PS BBA, and 30 min cadio.
Bye, all! have a great week .
Wendy

My Week

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-00 AT 02:47PM (EST)</font></center>

I forgot to add my week to my post. So here it is:
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Power Circuit& All Step (Back&Shoulders)
Tuesday:Step& Intv.& Kickbox(Chest&Biceps)
Wednesday: AllStep&10-10-10(Shoulders&Triceps)
Thursday:CurcuitMax(legs in circuit only-no upper body)(Chest&Back) Friday:10/10/10 TKO(the first 20 minutes)
Saturday:CTX Tricps&Biceps&Abs(no Cardio Today)
Sunday: REST
Maria :eek:)

A HABIT takes 3 weeks...

I'm trying to do the upper body strung together for 3 weeks. Then it becomes habit. I don't think it's bad at all. The workouts are lower weights and more reps then I would do if it were Pure Strength and from prior check ins, I'm sure you noticed I rarely worked back & biceps. This is good because it gets my back and biceps.. the back portion, when adding the plank stuff (ugggg hate it!
sad.gif
) takes almost the first 30 mins. of the workout! After that.... it's EASY.
wink.gif
I enjoy working the other parts... so I get it out of the way and REWARD myself with the other parts. Now, there's a SICK vidiot!
wink.gif
I can also get ample rest time inbetween.. and am able to take some classes at the gym.

And for the record... had an AWESOME spin class this morning...... Wahhhhhhhhooooooo
happy.gif

cmb

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Busy, Busy week but was able to get my w/o's in! Looks like you all a pretty good week to me. Sometimes, you just can't help those unplanned rest days!
happy.gif
Here's my week:

Monday~REST!!! Traveling home from Chicago! We did walk lots and biked while we were there!

Tuesday~Practiced routines for my new Hi/Lo session, Cardio Kicks in A.M. and BB&A's in P.M.

Wednesday~Practiced routines again! Firm Standing Legs in A.M. Whew, this tape gets me everytime! CS&T in the P.M.

Thursday~CircuitMax, AB Roller w/o, PowerWalked 1 1/4 miles around pond.

Friday~Practiced routines~Classes start Monday!! Biked 16 laps around pond in my THR Zone. My own AB w/o

Saturday~TaeBo AL#5, great lower body w/o. mainly floorwork. I feel it today! (Tape included ABS) Practice rotuines~I THINK I'm ready for Monday??

Sunday~Usually my day of rest but since I took Monday off because of travel, I'll probably try to insert one of the PS series tapes tonight if we get home in time from visiting the in-laws and maybe my niece's newborn!

Have a great week everyone and keep posting to us DVDer's In-Waiting. I am getting very exctied about the 6-Pack!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

DebbieH

Andre Houle is.....

an instructor!
wink.gif
I could give you the write out on the back of his video, but I don't think that would be fair since this is the Cathe Forum!
wink.gif
I happen to enjoy some of his workouts. He does alot of low impact stuff. Probably too slow and boring for the average Cathe fan, but I need to throw in some "fun" workouts in there. He has CIA #9901 which is step & hi/lo and some tubing. And he's done several tapes for Sara City! I am currently making my way through his 3 from Sara City so that I can evaluate and review them for Video Fitness. I try to give a workout a MINIMUM Of 3 times of doing it (including once with a heart rate monitor on), so I can assess it fairly! Of course, I wasn't doing it by itself and it's not fair to judge it AFTER doing one of Cathe's tape (his as an add-on).

I happen to like his fun personality and he has taught me alot of moves that has helped me on my path to becoming better at hi/lo. I am a choreo clutz!!!!

And of course, if you frequent VF, you probably know that one reason I went to Cape Cod was to MEET him.. and wouldn't you know it, he couldn't make his flight cuz of the strike.... ackkkk... Guess I have to wait till Philly-mania in Feb!

Hope this helps.
Cleda

check-in

Hi everyone,

Here's my week:

Sunday--x-press kickbox
Tuesday--x-press power circuit
Wednesday--day 2 of 5 day abs
Thursday--day 3 of 5 day abs
Friday--x-press all step

I love these tapes so far, I'll try the rest this week. Plus, I still have the 2 new cardio tapes to try...I can't wait
happy.gif

Have a great week everyone
Laura

Haven't checked in in a long time!

Hi! I haven't had many good weeks to report in months, so I haven't checked in in months! I'm happy to say that the new Cathe tapes have given me the spark I need to get back into gear.

Tuesday: CTX- Step & Intervals
Wednesday: CTX- Kickbox
Thursday: CTX- 10-10-10
Friday: CTX: All Step
Saturday: CTX: Power Circuit
Sunday: CTX: Leaner Legs

My first CTX week! I'm going for an 8 week rotation.

Also been too long!

Summer job is over and back from visiting the U.S., where I loaded up on all the Cathe tapes that I wanted. Now I'm back into exercise mode, so I have something to report. Unfortunately, I don't have my new tapes yet. I took a chance that they would be ready by mid-Aug and had them sent to my mom's in Texas. They weren't and who knows when she'll get around to sending them to me. However, I have all the wonderful older Cathe tapes to learn! Anyway here is my week:

Mon. - CST
Tues and Wed. - nothing because we had housepainters here that needed all the windows opened to be painted and it was only 55 degrees outside. I spent the days wrapped in a blanket, reading for my Master's.
Thurs. - Step Fit
Fri. - Kathy Smith's Kickboxing. It was the first time I did it and a hopeless endeavor. I got everything as long as it went slowly and then I just stood there, mouth hanging opening, trying to put it together.
Sat. - BBA and Step Jam
Sun. - SLA. All these tapes are relatively new for me. This is the second time I did SLA and I just can't get the hamsting stuff on the floor. I'm whupped and I just can't seem to get comfortable. I'll get it eventually I suppose!!

Hoping to get up the courage to do IMax next week.

Have a great week everybody!

Marcia

Another early riser!

Cleda, you stunning chick, I can relate to your trying to get your peepers open and your butt out of the sack REALLY, REALLY early, cuz I do it, too! I'm up by 4:30 at the lastest, and sometimes earlier. Are we nuts or what???!!!
wink.gif
O.K. - "what." The ones that are nuts are the ones that titter at us for exercising at all and ESPECIALLY for lifting weights!

What time do you go to bed? I go most nights by 8:00 and never later than 8:30. That gives me 3 hours between getting home and going to beddie-bye. What a life!

I have no check in because I gave myself an exercise vacation, but started in back yesterday with the CTX tapes. I have them all lined up in their little box in the order I want to do them. How neat and orderly! How no-brainer!

I made Rockie Road Brownies. Anyone interested in the recipe?
happy.gif

Happy new week, you fellow Cathe fanatics!
happy.gif

Night Owl.....

HoneyBunch:

I'd like to say I enjoy getting up that early, but the truth of the matter is.. I am a NIGHT OWL...
happy.gif
So, I TRY to get to bed by 10 or 11 p.m. and do well for the first couple of days of the week, towards the end it gets later and later..... and then well, we have those unplanned rest days!
wink.gif

I do get up that early when I KNOW I have no other option and I WANT to get the workout in. But, my schedule is flexible. I do different times on different days and PLAN, PLAN, PLAN.

I am fortunate to only require about 5 to 6 hours of sleep per night. Even if I do manage to get to bed by 9:00 p.m., I'm usually up by 3:00 a.m. (automatically).... HOWEVER... it does catch up with me.

and remember: I *AM* the Java Junkie Queen.
wink.gif

Cleda

PS... And you and your recipes!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Honeybunch, Honeybunch!!

Yes!!! I want that reciepe!! So far, I've made the praline pecan cake(big hit!!), The chocolate cokies(ditto!) and the Apple cobbler cake(ditto ditto!!) My family is loving these reciepes!! They can't get enough
happy.gif
! So please, please, please, keep me in good graces with the family and post that reciepe
wink.gif
!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.