A feel good moment for you all ;)

Just read about this in the Times. Yep, pretty amazing lady and I love that song. Plus another reminder not to judge solely on appearance :)

Thanks for posting this Ripley, I'd heard about it on the radio this morning.

Actually, your avatar is a feel-good thing just in itself! What a funny dog you have! :D

Yes, it was good, but mostly because of the build-up and rudeness of the judges and the audience (or maybe that was just creative editing) to make people think that someone who looked like her and wasn't very polished, couldn't possess a wonderful singing voice. It reiterates my belief that people like Mama Cass Elliott and Janis Joplin would have never made one record had they been born 30 years later.

Thank you for sharing it. It is an eye-opener, in more ways then one.

Thanks for posting this Ripley, I'd heard about it on the radio this morning.

Actually, your avatar is a feel-good thing just in itself! What a funny dog you have! :D

Haha, she is the light of my life! That was my first STS workout and she always takes any opportunity to jump on me so I told my son to grab the camera! Her big sis is in the back ground watching lol.

Laura

Thanks for posting this. That was amazing. I had not heard about this & was blown away by her voice & the song. It was great.

I'm crying my eyes out here. What an amazing voice she has! Incredible! She acted as though it would be just a joke, then the moment of truth came. WOW!

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I saw it last night and was amazed. You just never can tell about those 40+ cat ladies. I HOPE someone puts her on the stage where she belongs.

Yes, it was good, but mostly because of the build-up and rudeness of the judges and the audience (or maybe that was just creative editing) to make people think that someone who looked like her and wasn't very polished, couldn't possess a wonderful singing voice. It reiterates my belief that people like Mama Cass Elliott and Janis Joplin would have never made one record had they been born 30 years later.

Thank you for sharing it. It is an eye-opener, in more ways then one.

Cass Elliott was truly an amazing VOICE!! And a great person. So sad she had to fight the demons because of her weight!!! I LOVE her music. What a tragic loss, i believe helped along by an unforgiving society!!!

ellie

Crying, chills running up and down my spine.
The female judge is correct, people are cynical.
What a great reminder to not judge the package!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.