A complete Low Impact series please please please

And another thing...

Just wanted to add to my original post, a low impact high intensity series would also benefit those of us who live in apartments and want to remain on speaking terms with the downstairs neighbours. :D
Also, it's just GOTTA have good, fun, motivating music!
So whaddya say Cathe? Have we got your next project sorted?

Another vote for low impact series

Just another voice for the low impact series. I would order in a second!

Love it all - both hi and low! But I have to agree, it would be great to have(more) high intensity, low impact workouts...I think it would make my knees 'last longer' as age keeps increasing....

p.s. LOVED lowmax especially....

Another vote here!
I really don't know how much of Shock Cardio I'm going to be able to do. I just feel beaten up after a high impact workout, and not in a good way. It would be nice not to have to modify everything in there!

well, it is nice to know that i am not as much of a wimp as i thought i was. i also love the hard hi -impact stuff, but alas , as i age, my feet just cannot take it much anymore. the imax's almost kill me, but i am such a fanatic i keep doing 'em. i truly don't know how cathe keeps it up. but, i am regretting getting shock cardio , too, cuz, i really don't know how much of it i can do. don't know if i would buy another set, though. already have spent too much money on workouts.
cathy

Yes more low impact!

I would love that too! Or at least modifiers, and/or some occasional jumping (like box jumps) that get the heart rate up but not constant like the newer Hiit, Cardio Core Circuit, Circuit Blast, MMA Boxing - there are no alternatives in those, all of them are high impact. Yes please consider more low impact options!

Hi! I typically don't 'jump' at low impact (pun intended) because I am very fortunate in that my joints and feet can handle lots of high impact. That said, I thoroughly enjoy Low Max, Low Impact Circuit, 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step, and the Shock Cardio MMA Workouts. So, I guess what I'm saying is I, too, would preorder a lower impact series. I would prefer to have a series mixing high and low impact workouts (like an Imax 4 and a Low Max 2), but if Cathe did an all-low impact series, I'd love to see:

Low Max 2

Body Weight Blast - this would be a body weight only strength workout (with moves like air squats, body weight lunges, pushups, planks, dips, pull-ups, etc. (Peraps this could be put on the same DVD as Low Max 2 so that there could be some circuit premixes combining the two workouts.)

Low Impact High Step Circuit - a high step workout mixing low impact step combos using the high step and lower & upper body strength moves using the high step. (And there could be premixes such as upper body circuit, lower body circuit, cardio only, weights only, etc.)

MMA: KP&C - this would be a kickboxing workout featuring intense low impact kicking and punching combos and a tough core section.

Would love more shorter workouts

I would also really really really appreciate a timesaver option/premix. I was looking into buying the complete STS (not shock cardio) program but just can't fit the long workouts into my day - where on earth do you all find the time to do long workouts?? (especially you working moms with young children) :confused:

... So my wish is for a complete high intensity low impact STS and STS Shock Cardio system with awesome, fun music (not added afterwards) with premixes and bonuses that include a timesaver program, cooldown, extended stretch, that doesn't use too much equipment.

Am I asking too much???

:)

Count me in also. I burned more calories doing Low Max than on 40/20. I had to modify 40/20 and all that thinking slowed me down. It may be more expensive but I really like recognizable songs with lyrics.

Low Max 2

Body Weight Blast - this would be a body weight only strength workout (with moves like air squats, body weight lunges, pushups, planks, dips, pull-ups, etc. (Peraps this could be put on the same DVD as Low Max 2 so that there could be some circuit premixes combining the two workouts.)

Low Impact High Step Circuit - a high step workout mixing low impact step combos using the high step and lower & upper body strength moves using the high step. (And there could be premixes such as upper body circuit, lower body circuit, cardio only, weights only, etc.)

MMA: KP&C - this would be a kickboxing workout featuring intense low impact kicking and punching combos and a tough core section.

I would order ALL of these!!!!!

How about a functional fitness dvd that focuses on the areas hardest hit by high impact/high intensity cardio. I am going through some intensive physical therapy for my shoulder (gymnastics and track injuries over time) and my husband went through the same for his back and knees (football). The PT made me (us) sweat when we were doing the exercises. After the "workout" my shoulder feels really pumped and "useable". I got hold of DH's PT sheet and did that - same thing. Good workout and it made my shoulder (joints) feel better instead of the aches after (bad aches not soreness or DOMS). I have seen some of the PT type of specialty dvd's but none really have a "workout" that is watchable or really very realistic that someone would keep doing it. Is this type of dvd of any interest to anyone?

I really would like to see Cathe do a low impact series. I love LIC and Low Max and also love high intensity/or a great sweat!
I own every Cathe workout available.
I found out a year ago that I have osteoporosis due to early hysterectomy. I continued to do all the jumping in workouts for a while after I found out. I can not do that anymore. I have to modify everything. If I don't I have pain for days.
A low impact series would be a great way to work out with intensity but without pain. I also would not have to try to figure out how to modify when there are no modifiers or suggestions on modifying a certain exercise or move.
Please, please, please!
Thanks so much,
Colleen

I would pre-order a low impact series in a heartbeat. It wouldn't even have to have 10 workouts (or whatever the number ended up being) like STS. I'd be happy with four or five low impact, high intensity workouts. Or something along the lines of CTX with lower impact.

Shelbygirl

How about a functional fitness dvd that focuses on the areas hardest hit by high impact/high intensity cardio. I am going through some intensive physical therapy for my shoulder (gymnastics and track injuries over time) and my husband went through the same for his back and knees (football). The PT made me (us) sweat when we were doing the exercises. After the "workout" my shoulder feels really pumped and "useable". I got hold of DH's PT sheet and did that - same thing. Good workout and it made my shoulder (joints) feel better instead of the aches after (bad aches not soreness or DOMS). I have seen some of the PT type of specialty dvd's but none really have a "workout" that is watchable or really very realistic that someone would keep doing it. Is this type of dvd of any interest to anyone?

Love these suggestions, (whole thread) something biomechanically designed with a PT orient, maybe progressive intensities, but all low impact, & 5-star "Cathe-esque" fun factor! I'm in!:)

Last edited:
I would also love an all low impact series. I have a lot of Cathe's DVD's but have to modify them to keep them mostly low impact. My favorite workouts from Cathe are Low Max and Low Impact Circuit. I would defiantly get this series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.