50 and over month of July check in

Jann I've seen your gardens- I thought you already were a Master Gardener.
Joan
hug4.gif
thanks Joan!

Welcome home! Did you at least win big again this year? :rolleyes:

Good morning, Y'All!

Welcome home, Joan. We missed you.

I just did Firm Volume 1. Sometimes we forget how tough these old workouts are!

Have a great afternoon, Ladies!

Magnolia

It's good to be back. I had a good time but NOOOOOOO big wins. Not many little wins either. I lost everything I planned to take but I like it much better when I win. I was disappointed in the food but I guess I'm not a gourmet. I like my beef cooked.

I had a wonderful meal tonight. We went out for our 41st anniversary. We had a good time but that better be the last eating our until I get my weight down. I still am surprised how few calories I used with the extra walking.

I still don't have my day planned so I can add in exercise. I can't wo early in the morning because I am too stiff until later in the day. If I don't nap when they do I don't think I could make it through the day. They leave at 5pm and dh gets home at 6. It takes an hour an a half to do my mothers leg treatment.

I am glad to see that everyone else is still exercising.

Joan

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary Joan!
That's a tough schedule. How old are your GK?

I know when I have my GD, I can't get a thing done. Speaking of -- I have her today - :D

Jann, Elliot is 5 and she will start school Aug 16. I will still have Luke and he was 2 March 30. When school starts I will have to be at their house at 7:30 to get her on the bus and then come home to get mother breakfast and lunch. After naptime I will have to drive back to their house to meet the school bus.

I'm not really complaining (or at least not as much as it sounds) but I do really need to figure out a schedule. While the machine is running on dm's legs I can ge 30 min on treadmill. I need to figure out when to lift. At 5pm I am more tired than later but that might be a good time if I could just get some energy.

I should have started Aug. I just realized. Too tired to change posting now.
Joan

Joan, after just watching my GD for a day -- I am exhausted!! You are a saint!

Well, my interview was today -- It was a 3 hour interview!!!!!!! OMgosh! I am in the program
applause.gif
. I start training next week. I don't start my actual classes until January 2013 -
eek.gif
eek.gif
There is no fall session this year. bummer.
ohwell.gif
It's a lot more than I thought (seems that's always the case
eyes.gif
) but I think I'll be OK. There is so much to learn. Besides the Master Gardeners 25 week class, I have to take 3 other credited courses through the Maryland University, plus 50 hours of volunteer work, plus 3 hours on a demonstration committee project, attend the monthly business meetings, go to 2 plant clinics and do a community "outreach project"
faint.gif
faint.gif
faint.gif
oh - yeah and pass a final exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I will be a Master Gardener for 1 year, I have to renew every year and I am not sure what all I have to do with that yet. -- what have I done?
giggle.gif

WOW I had no idea Jann what that involved. I'm even more impressed.

You might have even less time than me to exercise.

I know Joan!! :eek::eek::eek: I didn't sleep last night. :confused: I am feeling very over whelmed. :confused: I will feel better, I think once I get started. Now, I just keep reading about the requirements. And the biggest part is remembering all the information. :eek::eek::eek: There are some fun project coming up. Hopefully I can meet some other people and they can assure me -- it's worth it. I mean, really!! It's all volunteer!:eek::eek::eek:

No workout today. Moving furniture around to clean carpets. Plus I have a headache....:(

Good Morning, Y'All!

Sorry to have been absent, but I have been pretty busy myself.

Joan, wow, what a schedule! I'm sure you'll find a way to fit in the weight work, though. Maybe when you settle into the new schedule a little more, you will find a break somewhere.

Jann, congratulations! I know you are feeling overwhelmed, but it probably won't be as bad as you imagine. I know you'll do very well, and will love what you are doing. I get overwhelmed myself, I have to read a lot of books for my current course, but when I look at the time I can spend on even just a few pages or a chapter, I realize I can do it.

I did a Slide and Glide premix this morning--not much time, and I am going to have to figure out a shorter rotation so I can study. I just still have issues with the burpees, but I am working on making my shoulders stronger--which will probably be a good thing.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.