50 and over month of July check in

Yesterday I did cross fire -- for got to post it. I did the low impact premix, it was doable for me!! yay!!! I am having some pain in my right knee, I don't want to stop exercising I worked out 6 days last week - :eek::eek: I don't want to stop now. :D The rotation says to the Max today -- umm I know I can't do that one today because of my knee. So off to look for something easier. :rolleyes:

Go for it Joan! I am leaving my hair grow out. Changing the style. I found this picture. I really like it.
To-gray-or-not-to-gray.jpg

Good morning, Y'All!

Sorry I was absent, but we went on a cruise and just got back Friday. There was a wedding and another family gathering yesterday, so I am exhausted! We were in Boston for the 4th and had a great time.

I did not go to the gym while on board the ship, simply because there are a lot of people who go and you have to wait a long time for every thing. So instead, dh and I took the stairs at every opportunity and walked the deck (which is slightly over a mile around, and the fresh air was very nice). I have been reading a very interesting little book, The Portion Teller Plan. You learn the proper portions of each food and how to gauge them correctly. I started using this plan on the ship, believe it or not. There was a breakfast buffet and a lunch buffet, so it was a lot easier than I thought. My real problem is that I never saw a creme brûlée nor an ice cream that I didn't like, so that figured into the equation as well. (I thought it was funny that they actually offered red, white and blue frosted doughnuts at the breakfast buffet on the 4th, I just laughed and passed them by!) But mostly, I stuck to fruits and veggies with a little lean protein and some whole grains. I haven't weighed since the cruise, but I am cutting out refined sugars this week and reducing my carb intake.

I did an oldie, (The Firm) Cardio Sculpt Blaster, just to get moving today. It's going to be hectic as I have back to back doctor appointments this afternoon.

Jann, I think that hair style would be great on you. Hi, Beth and Joan. I am not a member of the 5 lb. club yet, but I'm working on it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Jann I like the hairstyle also.

Magnolia I fell out of the 5lb club this morning. I only had two bad days but last Tuesday I was hungry all day and didn't stop eating. I didn't eat enough to gain so I hope it is temporary. It is all about portion size and eating enough fruit and veg. to keep from being hungry.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

I finally got up enough nerve to weigh after cruise, wedding and family brunch, and was very surprised to learn that I had not gained any weight! I guess my plan to offset the calories I consumed worked, and now I can concentrate on actually losing this weight!

Anyway, bbl. Have a great morning, everyone!

Magnolia

Yay Magnolia! Sounds like a great vacation. :)

Joan it will probably fall right back off!

I did high reps this morning. I am surprised (not) how weak I have gotten :(
Come on muscle memory -- :)

Hi, Y'All!

I just did the Low Impact Tabata premix on Cross Fire. I loved it, too, Jann. I needed to start kicking it up a notch, so this worked nicely. Eventually, I hope to do the whole workout. Might shoot for a walk after lunch, it's very warm, but it would be nice to get something else in today, if possible. However, there is laundry, some cleaning and studying (I'm back in school). We'll see.

Magnolia

Jann- Your hair is almost the same same as your picture-- It looks like there are more layers in the picture- but it is cute! Good job on the consistent exercise!

Joan- I am having the same trouble wth portions-- Do Skinny Cows stay skiny if you eat two of them? Or if DH eats them and then decides we need Klondikes instead?

Magnolia- SOunds like a great time on the cruise and trips with family!! You are so lucky.

I have been working on an MBA and am supposed to start again soon. the last class was "making decisions with data" a statistics course for business. I had no time for myself between working and taking that class. I'm thinking I may sit this one out and work on my BMI instead-- LOL!!

HI all -- Beth my hair is about the same color as the picture. Right now it's all one length and I keep it just above my shoulders. I am letting it grow out. Man!! It's hard to do that. I keep it in a ponytail most of the time. :confused: I may not be able to do long, it bothers me a bit.

BMI -- :D:D:D:D!!!

No workout today. I have to water our local park on Wednesday if we don't get rain. It takes 2 hours and I just got back! Soaked and tired from hauling all that water (hoses don't reach!) Must fine a better solution!
I have to weed eat today and edge my own yard now. I might mow if it stays nice out.

Have a good one ladies!

Good morning, Y'All!

No. Workout, Jann. I would say you had a pretty good one already! ;)

Well, I just did a Tracie Long--Kickback. It's a good 30 minutes of solid work, just pushes me enough without being impossible to do. I am trying to take it up a notch about every other workout or so. Got lots to do today, follow-up visit with my internist. Hoping to learn all my options for my shoulders. The pain has really been much worse since the spring, and if there is something that will help, I want to know what it is!

Magnolia

Magnolia every time I see you post about Tracie's new workouts I get jealous. :p:p I haven't bought anything of hers in a while. I should see what I have and do a week's worth. :)

Hi, Y'All!

Jann, I really like Tracie's workouts. The Focus ones are all 30 minutes, and so are the new Figure 30 ones. And she really makes you work the whole time. They are great when you are pushed for time.

Today, however, I decided to push myself and do a real oldie--Firm Cardio. I actually managed to get through it, but did not turn on the ac, so it was really a sweat fest. Next time I try it will be much better. My goal is to do more cardio plus weight workouts and use Cathe's cardio ones for a little while (until I lose some weight). Then I'll graduate to heavier weights and tougher cardio.

Tired now. Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Happy Birthday Beth!! :D:D:D

Thanks Magnolia. Tracie is always having special deals, I may have to keep eye out for one.

Well, my old old old, did mention old!! body is hurt once again. My back!! I have never had this many aches and pains in my life. :mad::mad::mad: Taking a few days off -- again! :(

Happy birthday Beth.

Jann I never had back issues before this year. I have to agree it made me feel old. My back is just now feeling like I could wo. I need to go back and really work out my core. I tend to ignore that part.

Magnolia I'm not sure if a 30 minute wo would matter to me. It's getting started. Although it might because I have started to hop on the treadmill several times a day to get in 10-15 minutes . I'm still only getting a total of 30 minutes in a day.

thanks for the birthday wishs! Man did I ever over eat! I bet I gained backed the 3 pounds it took three weeks to lose!

Joan- getting started is my problem too. Some days, I walk around in my clothes all day and still dont get it done. I need more discipline in my life!! AND a food coach!!

Jann- It sounds like my hair. Most of the time I wear a scrungie to tie it back- I know they are not in style- but- I love having hair- I just dont like it in my face.

Magnolia- our friend just had should arthoscopy surgery-- it is very quick and his shoulder is recovering fast. Ask your doctor about it. I hope you dont need anything- but it is good to know we dont have to live with aches and pains too much in this day and age.

Well, tomorrow- I'll put the cake down and stat again!!:)

I would love long hair but just hate to have it on my face. It's easier for me to just have short hair than to tie it back.

If I use my highest weight this year I am down 6lb. From May 27 my restart date I am only down 2.6lb.

I had planned to weigh 173lb by yesterday and I weighed 173.8lb. When you are only trying to lose .5lb per week you can't afford to fall behind.

I hurt my knee a couple of days ago and it has really slowed my getting steps.

Joan

I know, what is it about hair in your face? Is it an age thing? :D:rolleyes::D My hair has gotten so much thinner also. I used to have such thick hair -- oh well, I know it could be so much worse! :)

OH Joan, Knees, backs, shoulders oh my!! We are the 50's++ group!! :p

Yes the cake was super chocolate and I ate way too much of it!!! Why is it that I always dread an event where I'll be exposed to something I know I shouldn't eat, but then, instead of self control..... I keep eating it!!!

Lately I have discovered yoga. Both yoga relax and the other one are so good. I've also gone t the classes at the gym.. I makes me feel great but kind of guilty abut not working up a sweat. And there are only so many hours in the day...

Tomorrow, I hope to do cross fit.

How's the rotation Jan?

Joan, short hair would be more practical but I've never had it so it would feel weird to me...hence...the scrungies...

Beth yoga is great, don't feel guilty at all. It is so good for you. Birthdays are the only day that is truly just yours, enjoy your cake! :D

I had to stop the rotation because first my knee then my back. I am just walking, gardening, and free weights, once again. :confused:

Good morning, Y'all!

I have had long hair since I was 20, and sometimes it was well past my waist, but now it is just below shoulder length. I just don't wear short hair well.

I did Cardio Supersets this morning. It's one of those that is really a lot of fun and you're done before you know it. I always have trouble with anything that involves burpee-like moves, but I borrow Beth's trick of using my step. I'm fine with all the other moves.

I had to go back on my diet. Not just because I want to lose weight, but between two of my doctors, I discovered that I am pre-diabetic, and one of them recommended that I go back on the South Beach diet. This is my motivation now! I just really need to get my blood sugar down and keep it down. As a result, I have lost 3 lbs. this last week. I'm facing a lot of hard work, but I hope that the reality of my situation continues to motivate me.

Have a wonderful afternoon, my friends!

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.