50 and over month of July check in

Magnolia Sorry about the doctor's report but it might be what you need to push you. In a way I've always thought if I had a good reason to exercise or diet I would do it more consistently. I would like to look better but probably not enough to do much about it. My blood pressure, colesterol and other readings are great and doctor said I would live forever. Unfortunately I might live it being fat.

I really am planning on losing it this time but the slooooow weight loss is agonizing even when it is planned.

I am leaving Friday for Las Vegas. I will be there until Wed and then we fly to Atlantic City and stay until Sunday. Actually I don't know where we fly into and then we have a little drive to AC.

Of course my diet will be tested in Atlantic City because there will be 10 chefs from the food network and there are tastings every night.

Joan

Magnolia -- I live in this fear a well. My biological parents were both diabetic. And I had gestational diabetes while carrying Kyle. Scares me to death. :( Good luck my friend!! We are hear for ya!

Joan have a good trip!! You have managed these trips many times and done well! You can do it!! :D

Good Morning, Y'All!

Well, I did Tracie's Reboot 1 today. I think it's a lot of fun. A couple of the moves are a little much for my shoulders, but I can modify them. It's just good to move again.

We are in the 90s here this afternoon. We've been having main dish salads for supper this week. Just too hot to cook!

Have a great afternoon,my friends.

Magnolia

It was in the 100's again today. I be glad to go to Las Vegas to cool off.

We leave tomorrow, so I will talk to you when I get back.

Joan

Happy Birthday Jann! We have birthdays in the same week! I hope yours was great!

Magnolia-- I think you are being cnsistent with your weight and exercise plan, so congrats on that!

Joan- have a great trip! Slow weight loss is tough!! But stay the course...

I did spinning and piates lat night and tonight I going to take my beach walk with the puppy (5 miles).. It is hot outside so I hope he doesnt mind..

:)

Thanks Beth.

Home again. Need to catch up on life. :) We had 3 inches of rain while we were gone. :eek::eek: My yard!

Hi, Y'All!

I just did Athletic Training. I can do most of it without modifying, but anything that involves my shoulders is just tricky. I don't want to aggravate them, because they will let me know about it tonight.

I hope you are all well and just enjoying the summer.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

I think the constant movement from being away is catching up with me today -- I am wiped! We drove over 1000 miles in 5 days... :confused:

High-five Magnolia!! That is great!

OK OK OK -- yesterday when I got on the scale -- well, things were ok. Thought to myself, didn't do so bad. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I must have been dehydrated --- today --- back on that wagon!!! :confused::confused:

Good Morning, Y'All!

Jann, glad you are back, and I hope you had a good trip.

I just finished The Hare. I guess I got inspired by the fact that I got my dvd copy of Ballroom Aerobics last week and had almost forgotten some of the steps. I decided it might be fun to do that and Hare and Tortoise this week. It's kind of fun to mix the old Firms with Cathe's very intense workouts, and I kind of am enjoying that for now.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Magnolia

I never got ballroom Aerobics. I should order it for fun. :D
Are you getting discounts for pre ordering?

Well, ladies I signed up for classes to become a Master Gardener.
gif_25.gif
It's a 2 year program. I had my phone interview and next week go for my personal interview. OMgosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I gave my notice to the BOD my term ends in September. So onward and upward. I am hoping to spread the knowledge of gardening.
applause.gif

30 minutes on the treadmill today.

Jann congrats on the master gardener!!! I have always wanted to do that as well but you are perfect for that title! When you are done, you will know everything",

Magnolia, my firms are even older I think. They were called volumes 1 etc. I used to love them but haven't tried one in years

I took the day off yesterday I did yoga. Tomorrow is a spin followed by Pilates at my gym.

Good Morning, Y'All!

Jann, I think Ballroom Aerobics now is the regular price of $19.99 plus shipping. It's different and fun. Nice to have a change of pace sometimes. They are taking pre-orders for the Prime Power workouts, and I think the pre-orders are about $10 off (or something like that) for ordering the two of them together. The Prime Powers are easy, good for days when you are coming back from being sick or when you just need to do something easier. Not sure if I really want those, I spend enough on workout dads already.

Beth, I am a Firm junkie since 1986! I love Cathe's workouts, too, to be sure, but sometimes I just enjoy that particular mixture of weights and cardio. It's just fun.

This morning I did The Tortoise. It pushed me just enough for today.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Jann congrats on the master gardener!!! I have always wanted to do that as well but you are perfect for that title! When you are done, you will know everything

Thanks! :p -- I don't think it's possible to know everything. I am very excited. I have been reading everything I can. I just don't know how much of the information is sticking. :eek:

Jann, I think Ballroom Aerobics now is the regular price of $19.99 plus shipping. It's different and fun. Nice to have a change of pace sometimes. They are taking pre-orders for the Prime Power workouts, and I think the pre-orders are about $10 off (or something like that) for ordering the two of them together. The Prime Powers are easy, good for days when you are coming back from being sick or when you just need to do something easier. Not sure if I really want those, I spend enough on workout dads already.

Beth, I am a Firm junkie since 1986! I love Cathe's workouts, too, to be sure, but sometimes I just enjoy that particular mixture of weights and cardio. It's just fun.

Magnolia

I have been collecting the old firms for a while on VHS converting them to DVD before fitfaves started doing it. I think Ballroom is one I could not find. I need to check.
Did you read where Susan is opening her own gym?

Good morning, Y'All!

I did read that Susan is opening her own gym. I thought I saw Jen Carman in one of the pictures of instructors.

BTW, congratulations, Jann, on Master Gardener. I know you'll enjoy that and you have such an amazing talent for it, you should do very well. I am a little jealous--I have a brown thumb!

Just finished Basic Step and the Stability Ball Abs workout that is on the same dvd. I did not get a very sound night's sleep last night nor the night before, so I didn't feel very strong this morning. I thought maybe pushing my way through this workout might be enough to help me get a better quality of sleep tonight.

Have a great day, Ladies!

Magnolia

Thanks Magnolia! I am starting to get nervous about my interview. :confused: My brain just freezes A LOT :eek: more often than I would like it too. I forget things I know that I know, I hope by using it more, that will help. :D
I went through a couple of nights of not sleeping last week. It really drains you! Happy dreams tonight!

Jann I've seen your gardens- I thought you already were a Master Gardener.

I hate what has happened to our yard this year. We had the most beautiful spring and then no rain at all for the most part. Several days in Las Vegas it was hotter here than there.

I started babysitting today. Since dil is not teaching, she will need a babysitter fulltime. My hours will be 7:30am until 5pm. And then I can do my job.

I was amazed with the calorie burn this last week on my fitbit. I averaged about 14000 steps. About double the usual but did not go up the 10 stories I usually do. My average calorie used was not much more, if any, than normal. I had hoped for at least a couple hundred more.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.