50 and over month of February check in

Feel better Kim!!
getwell.gif

Hi, Y'All!

I just finished LIS (the original, just like Jann did the other day), and I really enjoyed it. I must have gotten a better quality of sleep last night than I thought, because I seemed to have had more energy today.

Kim, hope you are feeling much better soon.

Food was much better today. I am practicing eating slowly and trying to have healthier meals. Don't know if I have lost any weight, but if I can keep this up for a week or two, I'll actually weigh and find out! :D

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia isn't LIS - original fun? It is diffidently one of my go-to!

Intervals today. Wow -- Except for the week off with the flu, Feb has been a good month for me! I can tell because intervals was not nearly has hard to do as in the beginning of the month.
I'll be hit and miss here for a while. Going out west for a spell. :D

Hi, Y'All!

Jann, I do like that workout very much as well. I like to throw it into my rotations.

Today I did one of my very favorites, the Firm Volume 5. I have had a real problem with leg presses on a 14" step the past couple of years, I could not do them without getting so out of breath I would have to stop. I paused only for a few seconds during the first set, but after that I did all the rest of them. I surprised myself! :D

Magnolia

Hello everyone!

Magnolia and Jann- what is LIS? Low impact ...???

Today I did athletic training. It took 65 minute with all my stopping for air. Whew! It's my new favorite though.

Good for all of us this month! I've dropped about five pounds but still working on more!

Magnolia!! Great news. That is a wonderful surprise!!
highfive.gif

Beth Congrats to you too!
6.gif

LIS Low impact Step -- the original one
PhotoGallery.asp
http://shop.cathe.com/Low_Impact_Step_Total_Body_Sculpting_DVD_p/699.htm

Cathe created it for the STEP company to sell with their small step. I use it with the club step.

I managed to do sts full body premix upper body followed by most of lower body. Then a lot of stretching. :D

Good Monday morning!

I was just looking back over the thread because I have missed a lot. Everything is so hectic around here these days.

Jann - where do you find a designer to draw up garden plans? Your yard is so beautiful ! I can see how you'd rather be doing that than indoors.

Joan- I read what you said about burning more calories by doing housework than lifting. My theory on that is that lifting never shows the calories burned but is supped to make your body more efficient. Wonder if it's is true? My other theory for me at least is that it wears me out so much that it is usually the only activity I get that day. I am dying to buy one of those things though.

Magnolia- my version if athletic training doesn't have premixes. I did the whole thing a few days ago stopping and starting as needed. I am still sore! It has intrigued me though to do it at least once a week.

Kim. I hoe you are feeling better these days.

Well I'm off to tackle that AT again!

Hey Ladies!

Thank you all. I am feeling better. I think I need my gallbladder out. I have a doctors appt. on Thursday but that's just to get my headache meds refill. The doctor is on vacation.

I have been exercising though. And working on the food thing. I had to ditch the cabbage soup diet. It either bloated me or coincided with a hormonal bloating drama thingie. I don't know which caused the problem, but I quit it anyway.

I've been doing Leslie and the Firm Basic/Fat Burning. I enjoy these but I know I need to step it up a notch. I so want to be able and happy to do more intense workouts.

Hope everyone has a lovely week.

Hi, Y'All!

I'm still here. I just finished The Firm Volume One. I am now exhausted, but I am also determined to do at least one of those Classic Firms a week. They are really challenging.

Thanks, Jann. I liked surprising myself!

Beth, I usually use that particular premix when I am extremely short on time, because it's intense enough so that I know I did something. I am also doing some other pretty challenging workouts right now, and I'll eventually add that one in its entirety.

Kim, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Joan, I hope all is well with you. Miss you.

Magnolia

I've had a stomach bug for a few days. It's a good thing my office is a few steps from the bathroom.:p

My mother has lost 26lb of water in about 3 weeks from the wrapping. He is doing the thigh and the lower leg this time. There was so much pressure
from above before that I couldn't keep her legs down. At least now I know she has really gotten rid of water not just pushed it higher.

Unfortunately when she stops therapy in a week or two I will have to do the wrapping. They have ordered a contraption that you put on one leg and around the waist. It has a pump and the waves go up and down the leg to act like the massage pt does. This lasts an hour. I will then have to wrap the leg. You have to wait 4-6 hours before you do the other leg so as to not overwhelm the heart. Right now it takes the professional an hour and a half to massage and wrap both legs. Probably 45 minutes of that to wrap the legs. I know it always took me an hour to do just the bottom half of the leg. But I only had to do it 3 times a week now it will be every day. And twice a day. I will have no life. Oh that's right I don't have one anyway four months of the year. Rant over.

Please remind me what exercise is.

I miss everyone but don't seem to have a spare minute most days. I am only up this morning because our dryer died and they are delivering one today. They called at 7 to tell me they would deliver between 9 and 9:30. They called last night to tell me it would be between 8:30 and 10:30. They didn't need to wake me up early. I think it was close to 2 when I dropped into bed last night.

Beth I'm hearing a lot about the fitbit. I think it works like the armband I use but cheaper and no monthly fee. I haven't had time to look at it but it is smaller and isn't so obvious.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

I was a little sore today, but mostly I've been stiff. I noticed it yesterday during my workout, so today I did a Classical Stretch workout, and I am feeling a lot more relaxed. I try to do a Classical stretch about two or three times a week, but I probably need to do them every day. Somehow, I'll "work out" ;) (rim shot) a way to accomplish this and still do the cardio and sculpting workouts I need.

Joan, I hope you are feeling much better. There's not too many things that are worse than a stomach virus! Especially when you are at your busiest.

Jann, Kim, Beth & Cathy, I hope you are all fine.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Good Morning, Y'All!

I just did Cardio Supersets, and really love it! I think it's my new favorite.

Hope you are all well.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi Ladies :D

Joan, I'm sorry you are having to deal with so much now. I hope things get better for you soon.

I'm doing a Slim Series rotation. That's how determined I am to get in shape and lose this weight. Slim ain't my personal favorite, but I did have good results a few years ago losing inches/tightening up with these.
I plan to do about 4 weeks.....if I don't get over bored and burnt out on them. Wish me luck :)

I haven't caught up with reading all the posts I've missed since my last check in but til then, I hope you all are hangin' in there!:D

Hi, Y'All!

Just finished Tracie Long's ReBoot Volume 1. I really like this workout a lot. The cardio intervals were just plain fun, and the weight training really kicked my already sore behind. I am sure this one will make my favorites list.

Thinking about you, Joan.

Jann and Kim, hoping you are fine.

Beth, I am sure you have mastered AT by now. I like your determination.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia Oh --see I wasn't going to get Tracies new workout. Now, I will have to check it out. :D

Joan many many many HUGS.

Kim - I used to do debbie's slim series, no music option. Put on a Cher cd and it always seem to match up to the workout - enjoy!! :D

Still on the west coast. Cleaning, packing, hauling, walking.. all good. :)

Yeah, the music in SS is lame. I mostly ignore it. I'm not set up to play a cd so I just have to suffer ;)

I'm still hangin' in there, though. Did Firm It Up Sat. but.....I'm under the most challenging 'blue' period I've had in some time and just can't seem to come out of it.
It's pretty bad. If I hadn't already had these spells and didn't know what they will do to me physically, I would probably crawl into a hole and hope for it to leave on its own.
But since it doesn't always work that way, I gotta try to keep things going 'til it's over. I sure hope it won't be long.

On that note, guess I best go get ready for a most boring work day. Sigh. Ain't I just pitiful?? PITIFUL ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.