50 and over August Check in

JoanC

Cathlete
I started another post on Thursday or Friday but must not have submitted it.

I don't know if I did the preorder before I went on vacation. I like that they have the same worksheet that STS had. I like seeing what I am lifting. I may have to call them because I don't want to order twice. I know they email a response but I'm not sure if it goes to my junk email. I know that only stays on for 10 days.

I fell asleep after dinner and I'm still tired will try to get 15-20 min of treadmill but probably nothing else.

Joan

Good Morning, Y'All!

I haven't pre-ordered yet, right now all my spare change is going to pay for doctor visits, since I decided to get a check up (it was time!). When I get an opportunity, I will probably pre-order.

I have been revisiting oldies, and today I did The Firm Volume Two. Really tough workout, but I managed without too much modification.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

HI all!

My goodness the days just go by so quickly. I started my volunteer work yesterday. There is so much to learn. I need to stop saying that... :p

Magnolia isn't health care crazy?? My DH has to get EEG's done weekly along with cranial massages. Neither is covered. :(

I swear, I keep thinking -- I plan to workout -- the day goes by and well, I don't. :eek::eek:

Hi ladies ! I'm sorry to be absent. We s re on vacation in the mountains. I am exercising like there is no tomorrow. I have done a spinning class, weight workout and Pilates everyday. They do yoga on the mountain top here too which I great!! Now, I just need to cut back on the food intake.

Jann what is cranial massage??. And yes the health care is ridiculous!! Even with the insurance which is expensive in itself, it seems like nothing is covered.

Joan glad to see you back. I have not preordered again. I did digitalis last time and it was fine.

magnolia, are you still doing the Tracy challenge?

Good Morning, Y'All!

Hi, Beth. It's great you are getting so much activity in. I'm actually doing my own rotation. It includes Cathe's Low Impact Series, Classic Firms, and some of Tracie's workouts. I didn't do anything yesterday. We went out to eat Wednesday night, and something I ate made me pretty sick. Wasn't able to do anything yesterday, but I got a lot of studying done, anyway. I did Athletic Training Express today. It's a pretty tough 22 minutes, and I am still feeling slightly queasy, so I thought that would be enough. Anyway, I have a lot of studying to catch up on, so I needed something shorter today.

Our health coverage is expensive, but it only covers hospitalization. I tried to get coverage for tests and office visits, but it would cost us about 3 times as much as we are paying now. We can't afford that. I have been paying cash for every office visit and calling ahead for every test they tell me I need, and paying them cash when I could afford it. I have to save up in between, but I think I would rather handle it this way. It's simpler, and it actually costs less than that gigantic insurance payment each month would add up to! Anyway, I am almost finished. One more visit to my primary care physician, and I should be set for a while.

Jann, you'll be back. If you are doing a lot of gardening, I would bet that you are getting in a lot of activity.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi all!

I am not doing as much gardening as I should be. The heat is getting to me, so I only go out from 6-8am.

The cranial massage is a special type of massage that hits certain points in the skull. When Mark had his myectomy the blood flow to his brain stopped and they are still working on getting his brain to re-wire.

No dvd's still. Walking.

Since the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, I signed up for a gym membership. I HAVE to have a trainer to make me do the wo. I actually think STS is better but I haven't been able to make myself do it. I kept talking about doing a rotation but that was all it was-talk.

They will call Monday to set up the trainer. I can't start until Wednesday when
Elliot goes to school.

Joan

I'm really hoping that if I get in the habit of exercising I will be more likely to do it at home in January. I really want to combine diet and exercise for the next 4.5 months.

Hi, Y'All!

I did Basic Step and Stability Ball Abs today. Sometimes when I am off a day or two, I need to do something a little easier to get me back into the swing of things.

Joan, good for you. Sometimes I think when you just take a first step in another direction, you find just what you needed.

Hi, Jann & Beth.

Magnolia

Magnolia, I love that you seem so consistent with your exercise. That inspires me.

I couldn't get the babysitting at the gym since I'm not the parent. They are worried about liability. I decided to try 2 times a week. Luke has preschool on Tu. and Th. from 9:30-11:30. It makes it a little tight but with wo from 10-11 I can just fit it in. Today I got there at 10:45 and got in my 15 min. warmup. I have to dress for the wo in the morning but that's ok.

Last edited:
Good morning, Y'All!

Joan, at least you got something in, I know that things will improve for you. Sometimes it takes a few starts to get things just right as far as timing is concerned, but you will get into the "groove." Just hang in there!

I hated to miss these couple of days posting. I missed a walk on Wednesday, because I sang for a mass at the church and to lunch afterward with the music director, then there was lots of work around here when I got home. Yesterday, I did Tracie Long's Reboot Vol. 1. This morning was Power Up. I still love Cathe, just once in a while, I need something a little different.

Hi, Jann & Beth!

Hello ladies.

I've been gone a loooong time! I have to tell ya, it's been a hard few months.
I don't know if I posted but I lost my mother and my DH's mother on the same day on May 25th. It was the strangest thing and I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, but DH's mother was expected. Mine was not necessarily. She had Alzhiemers so you never know when you will lose them.

The reason I've been so gone is that when this happened, I spent time with my very beloved FIL trying to help him cope, etc.
I stayed with him a week and got his house organized...getting him set up to be a single guy again and then I brought him home with me to spend a week with all of us.

He died on July 4th. Devastating. Sooooo...I've been dealing with all that and helping DH with stuff, so no motivation to get online much.
I've been working out semi-consistently but just haven't felt like 'talking' I guess you'd call it :)

Anyway, I'm back. I read all y'alls post for August. Sounds like we're making it.
I don't want to complain about the heat cause once cold weather comes here in Pa., it seems like it never gets warm again:rolleyes:
But the heat, humidity and storm activities mess with me pretty good.
I've had the worst headache all day today. Can't seem to shake it. Must be a storm comin'.

So....I guess I'll just jump back in if that's ok with everybody.:D

kims said:
Hello ladies.

I've been gone a loooong time! I have to tell ya, it's been a hard few months.
I don't know if I posted but I lost my mother and my DH's mother on the same day on May 25th. It was the strangest thing and I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, but DH's mother was expected. Mine was not necessarily. She had Alzhiemers so you never know when you will lose them.

The reason I've been so gone is that when this happened, I spent time with my very beloved FIL trying to help him cope, etc.
I stayed with him a week and got his house organized...getting him set up to be a single guy again and then I brought him home with me to spend a week with all of us.

He died on July 4th. Devastating. Sooooo...I've been dealing with all that and helping DH with stuff, so no motivation to get online much.
I've been working out semi-consistently but just haven't felt like 'talking' I guess you'd call it :)

Anyway, I'm back. I read all y'alls post for August. Sounds like we're making it.
I don't want to complain about the heat cause once cold weather comes here in Pa., it seems like it never gets warm again:rolleyes:
But the heat, humidity and storm activities mess with me pretty good.
I've had the worst headache all day today. Can't seem to shake it. Must be a storm comin'.

So....I guess I'll just jump back in if that's ok with everybody.:D

Holly cow! So you lost ur husband's mom AND your mom AND your father n law? Wow. I am not on this thread but I lost my mom it will be two years in November. Oh man it feel like yesterday but for a year I didn't "feel" like talkn to anyone at alll. For 6 months I avoided phonne calls from family. I can't help it that is how I handle 'stuff. I finally talked about it. But I'm not ovver her now. Ii don't think I ever will. For a while I had. A dreaaded feeling and thoughts of death that was overwhelming. . Id be afraid to sleep even. I'm getting better now.but it is slow. I still get that way just not everyday. I guess what I'm saying is you have been through allot it sounds like. Hope DH is handling things a little to. You both have gone through it! Ill pray for your strength and comfort. Really am sorry for ur loss.. take ur time and don't let anyone tell you how to have grief. Or how long ...people have told me I should be over it byy now. But I'm not ...I tried..I have to do it n my time. Well I'm sending hugs a prayer youf way. And I'm sorry for you'd losses.

{{{{Kim}}}}} OMgosh! I can tell you are a strong person from your message. My heart goes out to you. That is a lot to deal with. Many prayers for your family. Don't worry about not posting. :)

Welcome back!!

Oh and the heat -- not complaining, really!!!!! :p This morning it was in the 60's!!!

Magnolia I love hearing about your workouts. Keep'um coming!

Joan how's it going?

Beth -- I see you here and there on FB. Did I mention you have a great looking family!! How's your little dog? I have forgotten his name.. sorry.

Renee -- sorry about your mom.

I am still walking mostly for cardio. I really need to pick up my weights again. I have completely submerged myself into this Master Gardening program. Need to pull back a bit - :confused: -- I really love it!

Thank you Jann. Taking 'it one day at a time. Cathes work outs help me a lot. And yoga has helped with tension headache. But I miss her a lot. Thankyou for saying that.

((Kim)) Welcome back I'm sorry for your loss.

I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love. Leo Buscaglia​
I had planned to get a full body wo in to get rid of the muscle soreness but my hip and knee were still hurting. I will make sure I am more careful on Tuesday and refuse to do anything that will hurt. I don't want to stop this time and any injury always does that to me.

Hi to Beth, Jann and Magnolia

I think I will have time to post more but I am always too tired.

Joan

Joan what happened to your hip and knee? Are you working with the trainer?

I have decided to "go" on a diet again this week. I lost that darn 4 pounds and have been able to keep it off!! :D Want to lose the last 6 -- so "diet" is the only way. Seems once it's off I can keep it off if I am careful. So Dr. furman's crash -- for 5 days.

Jann, I told trainer that the elliptical always hurt my knee but he said to try it. We did it for 6 minutes. We also did the exercise where you sit but just barely touch and then stand up. The step was really low and was more than 90 degree bend. Both I'm sure hurt the knees. The hip was just from his excessive stetching. They don't have you do your own gentle stretch. No more of his stretching.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.