40s springing forward week 3/13/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone, getting us started. I did the last STS Meso 1 disc yesterday (legs), today my legs have quite a bit of DOMS so I did STS MMA Boxing. Recovery week time, we're skiing on Wed so that is falling right into place, so now I have to make sure not to tire out my legs more between now and then. I've also been sleeping wonderfully, ah, boy did I need it. Not sure if it's just coincidence or if it's because of either the glass of wine or the shot of choco-coconut rum a bit before I go to bed. ;)

Did everyone get their clocks moved ahead (do you do that over there Ronne?) Since I"m sleeping well, it didn't affect me too much, thankfully.

Hi all

Unusually I'm on the computer today so thought I'd check in. We've had friends staying this weekend so no workouts for me. Eaten and drunk too much of course, so I'll be hitting the Gym Styles again this week.
Got DD packed up, ready for her school trip tomorrow. She's going away with school till Friday. We've got to drop her at school tomorrow at 7.15am! It's going to be very strange around here but we're going to make the most of it and go out!

Lisa - yes, the clocks go forward for us in two weeks. It's 6pm here now and still light so it's going to be even better soon. Sounds like you've got a good plan for your recovery week.

Hi Lisa! Hope you are having a good weekend. Yesterday I did Rumble, I really liked it. It was simple, not complex. I am sore from the heavy bag portion. Just wore my weighted gloves. Today was the rower and stretch max. Tomorrow I am going to try the toniques w/o, I previewed it, doesn't look like she knows how to count tho! She says 10 more, then she does like 30 more reps! I will let you all know. Murphy, did you get any flooding? Ronne, what's new over there? Time change won't bother me today, tomorrow I will feel it! Getting up at 5 instead of 6! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, we are off to MIL's for dinner. Mary

Mary, I just hate it when they say 10 more and it turns into 30! That's the same way the iTreads for the treadmill are, I always go, yea, right, actually I quit doing them as I got bored with their stupid music.

Ronne, I hope my time question wasn't stupid :) That will be so hard being without DD, I couldn't imagine it when my kids were younger. Who am I kidding, I'm such a sap, I cried for a month straight when my oldest went away to college 30 mins away.

Murphy, I did briefly see all the rain where you are. I'm not watching the news too much anymore(sometimes it's just too depressing), so only see bits and pieces.

Vickie, you still with us? How has your week/weekend been?

I did Muscle Max. I "enjoyed" it, it felt good. I went a little heavier than usual and was glad I did. I rested over the weekend so no workouts to report. No rain this weekend either so that was good news. It did not flood where I am but farther north did not fare so well.

Murphy

Hey everyone, today was LIC cardio timesaver PM. I woke up at 5:30 even though I set my alarm for later. My alarm was DH SNORING!

Hi girls! Today I did my rowing and about 45 min. of Tonique, it was really different, not sure if I like it yet! Ronne, a whole week! Just the two of you? That sounds fabulous! I know you will miss her, sound like a little honeymoon tho! Murphy, glad you didn't get any flooding. Lisa, my DH's snoring doesn't wake me up, but sometimes will have trouble falling asleep. He says goodnight, rolls over and he is snoring away! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone

Today was GSBSB which was good. Having done something to my shoulder the other week, I think I've done something to my chest on the same side probably through overcompensating or something. Hoping to work through it but leaving chest work till the end of the week.

Lisa - I always kick DH when he snores - it usually works!! :D

Mary - what is Tonique? Yes, tonight we're going out for something to eat and then to the pub!

Murphy - I might get MM out next week - haven't done it for ages! Glad to hear you're back to workouts.

Hi, girls!

Hey, there everybody! I hope you're all well -- fit and happy. I've been laid up for months :( due to the foot surgery that I had in December. Last year was a horrible year (one thing after another), and I kind of let myself go. Ugh.

But I'm trying to get back into shape again. It's very difficult because I still haven't healed from the surgery. It takes much longer than I ever thought.

I'll weigh in on the time change: I hate it too. It was hard enough to get up last week; even worse this week. I couldn't get the kids to bed last night, and couldn't get them out of bed this morning.

Well, I've got to get back to work -- I just wanted to stop by and say "hi." Trying to get my life back on track.... :rolleyes:

Hey Kathryn, that's funny that you post, was just thinking about you and thought about sending a FB email. Mary is the expert here on getting back after surgery, I"m sure she'll chime in, she was such a trooper after her hip surgery.

Ronne, I usually kick DH too, however I felt bad because I know he didn't sleep the prev night (thinking about work) and I didn't want to wake him up. Aren't I nice? Enjoy dinner and the pub, sounds great!

Mary, I'm normally asleep before DH comes to bed. My eyes just don't stay open, but I have the problem of in the middle of the night when they just pop open all by themselves (that drives me crazy!)

Kathryn, we have missed you! Sorry to hear about your surgery, life certainly hands us challenges, doesn't it? I started back just doing upper body and worked back in with lots of low impact. (Leslie). Still can't do much high impact, but I try! Ronne, have fun tonight! Lisa, you are being the thoughtful person! I probably would have given him a kick like Ronne! Kathryn, come back again! Mary

I woke up early today and I needed to rest up my LB for skiing tomorrow, so I decided to do CTX UB minus the back part since my lower back needs resting up too. It was harder than I thought it would be (I picked it because I thought it was a relatively easy UB workout). I did skip the pushups (I'm burned out on those after Meso 1). Sometimes I don't feel like my chest gets enough of a workout with Meso1, maybe because I skip more than half the pushups :)

Hi everyone

Lisa - aren't you supposed to on a recovery week? CTX UB doesn't sound very restful! Have fun skiiing tomorrow!

Kathryn - hello - long time, no hear!! Sorry to hear about your foot surgery. Hope you're going to check in with us again.

Today I did another old Christi Taylor step DVD. I really enjoyed it, she always has such good music and I burned a ton of calories! Good thing after the pizza, wine and beer last night!! Probably going to stay in tonight and catch up on some TV.

Ronne, sssshhhh, don't tell ! I just couldn't do nuthin and my legs couldn't take more cardio :) Wine AND Beer, oh my!

Hi everyone! Today did the TM and rower. Lisa, I thought you were on a recovery week? Aren't you supposed to be nice to your body? Have fun skiing tomorrow. Is the whole family going? Ronne, I have never tried Christie, you must like her? Date night sounded fun! I didn't Chang ehte time in my car, I am leaving, it says 5:26! In the morning! I wanted to crawl right back to bed! Well, off to do homework, the floor and wash! Then dinner... I am tired thinking about it! Mary

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. DD was not interested in sleeping at all! She was up every hour if not 1/2 hour. It was crazy. Today I tried Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme. I have liked it in the past but this time I tried a premix and did not care for it. She did not give a heads up for the next exercise and you know she uses 10,000 pieces of equipment. It was just annoying trying to get everything ready and catch up.

Kathryn - glad to see you. Good luck with the recovery.

Back to the snoring. My DH snores too. If I get to sleep before him I am usually okay. If not, I can forget about sleeping. I have done the kick, rubbing the arm and pushing him to roll over. Most are only temporary fixes.

Murphy

Thought I'd stop by and say hi. Woke up early, too early. Thinking of work for some reason, work is detrimental to my health! My bi's are sore from that UB w/o yesterday, wth? I hardly ever get sore there. I know, I know, supposed to be a recovery week, but I really needed to recover my lowerbody so chose to do some UB instead. Off to get some coffee and oatmeal before hitting the slopes. So nice to have a day off! Too bad I don't get paid vacations :)

Hi everyone

Mary - sounds like you've got a packed day ahead!

Lisa - I wish I could have a day on the slopes - sounds like fun!

Murph - eek, what a nightmare! No wonder you took a day off - if you'd picked a weight up you'd have probably dropped it on your foot!

I wimped out of GSLegs today. I got about halfway through and just stopped. My shoulder still hurts a bit and my chest, and I've got lower back pain. Also, I feel like I'm getting whatever DD had at the end of last week. I was sweating but not in a good way, do you know what I mean? I thought, this is stupid just working out to say I've done it! I'm also really tired from working hard - in fact I'm going to knock off soon, make myself a coffee and watch a bit of TV.
Hoping to get out with DH again tonight. We might go for something to eat again or maybe a film.

Hi girls! Today will be some sort of kickboxing. Just don't know which one! Murphy, sorry about the little one. My "little" one is 9 and he still gets me up! Twice last night! Ronne, have fun tonite. Sounds like you need a rest? Lisa, hope you are having fun! Hope everyone has a good day. Mary

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hi, everybody! I saw the surgeon and he told me that I can't do anything high impact before he sees me again... in MAY! :eek: I think he should have told me in the beginning that it would take six months to heal completely. I guess I thought it would be like my broken arm... eight weeks in a cast, and then I'm on the mend. But this is taking longer than I had expected. I'm not a very patient patient.... I want to get it over and move on!

I did work out today -- I did Push/Pull. I like that it's short and covers everything. I can't do any Cathe cardio (because of impact and lateral motion), so I guess it's back to the elliptical for me.

Lisa: Skiing! I remember skiing! I used to work at a magazine called "Snow Country," which was about all things related to living in areas with snow (not here). We used to get to go skiing sometimes after we'd gotten the magazine to press. Enjoy!

Ronne: Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the U.K.? Seems like a silly question, but I don't know if it's a "real" holiday or just something we Americans overdid... like Cinco de Mayo (which isn't much of a holiday in Mexico).

Murphy: Does your DH snore often? Has he been tested for sleep apnea? Mine snores sometimes, and when he does, it rattles the windows. He recently bought me a very nice sound machine and now I can sleep through anything... including my alarm, which I did this morning.

Mary: What hip surgery? I missed that along the way.

I'm happy to report that one of my biggest worries of the past six months is getting better. DS has been struggling terribly through the entire school year, to the point where I was afraid he'd be asked to leave. :( I wasn't able to help much, being laid up for so long with my foot, but we've since gotten him a tutor and a new doctor, so he seems to be improving. We also got a contract for next year and have our deposit in, so we're set for the time being.

Well, I've got to get to work. Business is still down (unemployment in our state is over 10%), but we've seen a tiny improvement over last year.

Have a great St. Patrick's Day, and just say "no" to green beer!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.