40s++ September: listening to our bodies

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi
Just realised it's a new month, so I've cut and pasted today's reply here!

Hi everyone

Mary - sounds like you had a packed, fun weekend. Hope work isn't too much of a shock for you!

Lisa - that book doesn't really sound like my kind of thing ... Don't forget rest is good!

Jody - no I don't have that one. I have a sciencey one called Menopause and an old one by Gail Sheehy called the Silent Passage. Both useful with different kinds of info/approaches. I only wanted to read UK-focused ones really as approaches/medicines etc. can be different.

Did a workout on Sat (C&W cardio only premix) then had two days off. The music festival was great, not necessarily all my kind of music, but it was a good day out and nice to see friends. We were up till 1am so I felt a bit tired yesterday!
Back to work today and workouts. Did RWH LI Hiit, the 1st half 1 and 2nd half 2 premix. It's the first Hiit I've done since holiday, thought I'd ease myself in and it was fine.

Lol Ronne I forgot about it being Sept too until I saw your thread. It was my kind of book either, started a new one, I'm still reading slow as I've been falling and staying asleep. Must be sts! Finished it today, I never thought I'd ever say I'm ready for some circuit type workouts instead of lifting. I think my body is wiped out!

Good Afternoon,

Quick post alot to tell not enough time I did KCM Cardio Quick Fix 1 yesterday and X10 Low Impact for my fiftieth birthday workout.

Hello

Roxie - happy birthday! Doing anything nice?

Lisa - congrats on completing STS again. That's a real achievement.

LIHI CST today. Feel pretty pumped now!
Went to the cinema with DH last night, saw a film called 45 Years, quite low-key and quiet. Very good.

Hi girls! I survived my first day back at work! 12 hours dragged on and on! No workout yesterday, (tho I did walk almost 5 miles at work!). Today did legs. Roxie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you had a great day! Welcome to the club! Ronne, I never heard of that movie. You all are much more intelligent readers than I am, right now I'm readin Liane Moriarty The Hypnotist's Love Story. Pretty good story. Lisa, congrats on STS, I need to pull that out again. Hello to Jody and Murphy! Just have to clean and get ready for tomorrow! Mary

Only did 15 min of kcm cardio quick fix, foot and knee was hurting after my 4.5 Mike dog walk. My massage was canceled yesterday (she was sick) and feeling a bit bobble headed. Mary, since I feel my dog walk was enough of a workout, I'd say your work walk counted too. Roxie, happy birthday! Ronne, you do read and watch more intelligent stuff. I did look up those books, they aren't available on Kindle. I enjoy my kindle mire than books (I know you don't). I like that is less heavy ( I set it on top of a foam Block trying to make sure neck stays straight). That way I don't have to hold it.

Hi all. What a busy group. I have been keeping up with my exercises, alternating UB and LB and adding in abs. I forgot who did some Tracie Long recently, but I pulled out some of her old stuff. I could do a lot of it, she does not move as Cathe and she has a modifier. I increased the weights again this week so that was good.

Roxie - happy birthday. I hope it was good.
Lisa - congrats on finishing STS again.
Ronne - good job on the workout.
Mary - I am glad you got through getting back to work.
Jody - how are things.

Murphy

Hello

Is it time to change our name, do you think? Have we got more 50s than 40s now?

Mary - that's a long day. I'm not surprised you didn't work out (but yes the walking does count!)

Lisa - I love your description of yourself as bobble headed.

Murphy - sounds like you're making good progress.

LIHI Legs today, did OK, my first plyo and I got through it (though there wasn't a lot of jumping by the end ;))
I just like a varied diet of books, so I read crime and other stuff as well. I think of it like food, sometimes I want an ice-cream, sometimes I want a healthy salad full of vitamins! The only thing I don't really read is stuff aimed at women, you know those soft-focus covers with a woman in a dress or something ... The books might be great but the covers put me off!

Feeling bobble headed still so only did MMA KB minus last combo. I think my neck muscles are just over worked and fatigued (maybe the massage may have helped, boo have to wait a week for that). I really didn't put much into KB, felt like a T-Rex with my small arms movements (and thought of Jody at the RT....sorry Jody!). Tommorow I'm spending the day with my BFF so rest day for me. Foot felt better, probably becuase I stuck with dirt/gravel paths (yesterday was all sidewalk). My insoles finally came (they were lost in the mail and had arrived at the post office in and empty bag!). So hopefully those will help with sidewalk walks. Ronne, that sounds about like my entire workouts! Murphy, yea! keep up the good work! I feel like a STS imposter with the low amount of weights I used (less than Denise in the videos for chest/back/biceps).

Hi girls! Today did today's Cathe live, it was good. 6 hours of work flies by! Ronne, you don't like chick lit? That's my favorite! Just nice stories. Keeps me happy! Murphy, make it all work for you. That's what I do, I figure I'm moving, more than a lot of people are doing! Lisa, sounds like that massage can't come soon enough! Hello to Jody and Roxie! Have to get to shower, we have a meeting this evening regarding the band trip to Disney. I'll find out how much I have to save! Good evening to all! Mary

Good Evening,

I haveyworked out the last two days I am really tired and my shoulder blade is giving me fits. Work has been crazy people are getting their drugs before the 3 day weekend.

Lisa-2 full days of shopping racks up the miles for a pregnant lady Dd just kept shopping I was exhausted.

Hi all

Lisa - have a nice day with BFF. Doing STS at all is an achievement, it doesn't matter about the weights.

Mary - so how much is the trip? Will you be going as well?

Roxie - don't think I could manage two days of shopping!

Yoga for me today, did a gentle one to work out knots.
Meeting DD in town to do some shopping after school. Then baking and preparation tomorrow for friends coming round on Sunday. Not sure if I'll get any workouts in.

Good Evening,

I did 21 Day Fix Pilates because wearing shoes is uncomfortable because my new flats I bought caused sores on my heels.

Ronne-it was very tiring.

Hi all. Yesterday was a rest/abs day for me. Today was a full body workout. I feel like I am making progress. The scale is barely moving but the clothes are looking better. The scale will catch up.

Lisa - feeling better! How was time with the BFF?
Ronne - was it a Cathe yoga you did or someone else?
Roxie - how are the feet?
Mary - have you been to Disney? We want to take the kids soon. I hope the band makes it affordable.
Jody - are you busy working or studying or both?

Waves,
Murphy

Hi girls! Never made it here yesterday, with work, the kids, football, etc! I did a firm w/o yesterday, today did a barre/Pilates/yoga, I thought it would be a bit on the light side, I was wrong! Murphy, I think how your clothes fit is a better indicator than your actual weight. Roxie, that is why I don't wear flats! I have never been able to find a comfortable pair! Hope your feet feel better. Ronne, Disneyfor the kids will be $750 a piece on the bus, the rest of us will fly down. I need to start saving! They are excited to go! Have fun with friends! Lisa, what did you and BFF do? Hi Jody! Hot and humid here today, probably go to the pool. Today is DH's and mine 18th anniversary. No plans, he is working the Luke Bryan concert, from 1-midnight and he is at the fire station tomorrow, maybe next weekend? Good day to all! Mary

Hello

Mary - don't you love those workouts that you think are going to be easier and then come up and kick your behind?! Wow, that doesn't sound too bad, how long are they there for? Happy anniversary! It's ours (16) on Friday.

Murphy - yes, Mary's right, it's how your clothes fit that matters. I use the Yoga Today website, I'm a subscriber, so I stream classes.

Hi Roxie, Lisa and Jody if you're lurking.

No workouts for me over the weekend. Our friends came round yesterday and we had a lazy day with them, just chatting and catching up. Had some lovely food and the weather wasn't too bad even though we didn't make it outside!
TTM less impact premix today. Feeling accomplished!

Good Morning.

I did part of KCM's Circuit Burn 1 DH was rushing me to finish. We are both on vacation for the next two weeks hopefully we won't kill each other. I am trying to decide what to do with my hormones I went back on the pill and I have had a headache for the last four days amd when I was using the progesterone cream I had extreme pain the second day of my cycle any opinions?

Mary and Ronne Happy Anniversary. It was 103 here yesterday I actually wanted to leave the lake early.

Last edited:
Hi there

Roxie - wow, that's hot! Are you having a late summer? Enjoy your break.

RWH LIHI BSB. Felt good. Nothing much going on. Busy with work.

Hi everyone, sorry to be MIA! Let's see, Friday I walked the dog 4.5 miles then spent the day with my BFF. We celebrated my birthday lunch and then spent the day planning our Disney trip. We laughed a lot which is what she needed! Saturday I was wiped out, Sunday I did Circuit Blast, Monday another rest day, today RWH C/S/Tri.

Roxie, lol about not killing each other. Enjoy your vacation time. Will you spend it at the lake? My experience with what I think you are going thru is I couldn't take BC pills, gave me headaches, but then TOM got to the point I couldn't manage the heaviness even with progesterone pills (I'm guessing right now you are estrogen dominant), so I had an ablation at age 42, thinking it'd be 10 more years of it. Well, everything for me stopped at age 46, I'm still happy about doing the ablation even if it just gave me a break for 4 years. You are closer to meno though, although my BFF didn't stop until age 55! I hope you find an answer that works for you!

Mary, there is a Disney app for you to plan out the trip so you can make sure to see what you want. I'm finding things I never knew about!
Take advantage of the FastPass system!

Murphy, I think if we just keep moving that's a plus, no matter weights used. It is bummer when you have to lift lighter, I'm trying to get used to it!

Ronne, it was a holiday here yesterday so I think everyone was just enjoying the end of summer. I have that workout planned for Thursday. My neck feels so much better when I don't workout :( Those muscles just are so weak from the surgery and nerve damage. I see progress but it's SLOW!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.