40s Mayday!!

Ronne, do you get annoyed w/ the tourists? I don't here b/c tourism is a means to an end, but there it has an element of gawking at the locals? I guess it is that way anywhere people go visit another culture rather than visit an attraction.

I got in a 2.6 mile walk this morning with the dogs, and got ready for my busy dr appt day. Well, neurosurgeon had to rescheduled again for Monday now. I was already showered and dressed so decided to go get my xray, good thing I did, they had to call the dr office for a newer order since what I had was 6 mths old (what they gave me last appt). So took a little longer than expected, barely had time to get back home and eat before my massage. I feel wonderful after my massage. I asked about stretching my hamstrings better (left I can kiss my knee, right I can't), she gave me stretches that I knew about and confirmed what I found out last week....it's better to only hold stretch for 2 seconds then repeat 10 times, no longer does holding it help as much for flexibility. (I've really been learning a lot thru this pilates site).

Roxie, I'm going to join you in the planks....massage lady just told me to be careful not to "push" thru my neck...that was another thing I just learned from pilates....when doing bicep curls, they explained how NOT TO USE YOUR NECK. I kinda make sure my neck is loose by wobbling it a little (massage lady said that works :) ). I know in past I've used my neck to lift weight.

Ronne, friday is graduation, it will be a long day, have to get there by 7:30! eek! lol about tourists, the view sounded perfect until I got to that word. Ah, can't live with them, can't live without them :) I do prefer isolated trips (that must be why I love the mountains so much).

Jody, ah, forgot the van broke and you got a different car. I'll send you my airline reservations (so you know I'm in), I don't expect you to keep them around for 5 months so I'll resend once it gets closer. I'm really excited! Massage lady said neck should be pretty good by then, woot!

Hi girls! Today did premix from Intensity. Jody, you graduate Friday? That's awesome! Now, will you keep the job you have or are you going to search? Ronne, I want tea, scones and clotted cream! I don't even know what it is, but sounds so romantic! Roxie, did DD with the baby have a big wedding? Maybe she's a little jealous? Lisa, glad the therapist could help. And your DS graduates Friday! So exciting! Hi Murphy! Have to get moving, DS's induction ceremony is tonight, have to find something presentable to wear! Last day of work tomorrow! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM's Trim Down Boxing Premix and planks at work.

Lisa-I think both of my girls, cousin and sister are doing the planks.

Mary-she had a huge wedding that cost a fortune so that is not the problem but the DD's have talked and worked everything out so mom wasn't involved thank god.

Ronne-sounds like a wonderful weekend. I thought about trying on a dress when we go shopping in June.

Hi Ladies

Roxie - you must be getting good at those planks!

Mary - I hope you're getting a new outfit as well!! :D

Lisa - that does sounds like a long day on Friday, especially a long time to stay dressed up!

Jody - No, I don't really get annoyed with the tourists (I'm one a lot of the time, so it would be very hypocritical! ;)). The only reason we have so many great places to go and visit round here is because of tourists, otherwise everything would have crumbled/shut. Sometimes, it's a bit of a pain in the centre of town, Oxford isn't that big, and we have lots of foreign students studying English here (again, great for the economy) but when they're in groups of 30 with their backpacks, they can take up quite a bit of room! ;)
That's why I love being a tourist elsewhere, it gives me a chance to get in people's way :p!

Did Susan Chung Rapid Fire 3, just the steady state cardio and abs, so about 43 mins in total. This is the toughest kickboxing DVD I have ever done. I have to take a break between the 3rd and 4th rounds because I'm so winded.
Then did an extended stretch off the internet, Jessica Smith, which was good. I discovered her website yesterday. Lots of free videos, looks like there might be some good ones on there.

Good Morning,

I did KCM's YBB 1 and CK25 WK1 D1 my legs didn't really like the running. We wanted to go to the lake today but the wind is suppose to gust to 40mph so probably won't make it. I still need to do planks yet.

Ronne-you would think so but sometimes they just seem harder.

Ugh, I've eaten too much yesterday and today and I feel like a blob. My grad is tomorrow not Fri and I just figured out this afternoon that today is Wed not Tues!. I worked today til 1. Working nights last Sat wonkied me up I think, then unscheduled 12 hour day on mon, plus this morning-- I've just lost the week. Good news, headed to Disney w/ dd tomorrow after Grad : )

Busy day, had to puppy sit DS dog, he brought him at 7:15am! That dog had so much energy and I was still half asleep! DS had to go take his certification exam (an all day exam) for engineering. He got done early so was able to get a 1.4 mile dog walk in, then came back and did 55 min of an intermediate reformer. Working hard on doing stretches for hammies throughout the day (I remember having to stretch my right calf a lot for Plantar Fasciatis, and I think my right hamstring is doing the same thing, maybe my right side over compensates). Never got to the planks, by the end of the reformer w/o, I was hot and tired and hungry.

Jody, I need to clean up my eating too. I thought I'd get back on track with DH out of town, uh, not, too much ice cream and chocolate (major discounts on easter candy).

Ronne, I think Jody has done Jessica Smith? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I see improvement in my stretching in just a day!

Roxie, good job on running! My neighbor (who is my age), zipped by me walking the dogs yesterday...guess I walk slow, I have no excuse, except I decided I wanna just enjoy the process, not kill myself. I seem to have turned a corner in my w/o's, not killing, and trying to get more flexible, also no heavy weights, will see how it works.

Mary, so do you have the summer off? I got a call from unemployment, they were baffled as to how I could have "so much earnings" (their words) in one week and no earnings in the next. So had to explain to them what happened. I guess I look like a real loser :)

Lisa, how did ds feel about exam? My ex is an engineer. I love smarty guys.
I think Mary has done more Jessica Smith than me, but I do like her.
Roxie, yuck to all that wind.
Mary, how did the evening turn out w/ ds? Did you dress him up?
Ronne, I see what you mean about tourism helping to maintain structures. Its my Brit friend who is off to back pack New Zealand. I would love it. Mary, she's served us a high tea w/ clotted cream but I can't remember it. Maybe we had wine, too!
I did LIC, speeding thru some of the bi and tri. I've got to complete my disney bound outfit, go to grad and then drive to orlando tomorrow. Prob see yall on Sat.

Hi all! Sorry to be missing yesterday, just got busy, DD had a track meet. Cable guy just left, was fixing box upstairs, was up there a long time! I was thinking what if he died or something? Go upstairs, he's sitting on the couch watching Kelly & Michael drinking a cup of coffee! Lol, said he needed a break. Will get to my workout soon. Big day Jody! Congrats enjoy today and tomorrow! Roxie, glad your daughters fixed things. I don't do well with any discord! Ronne, I have 2 Jessica workouts. I have read she has a lot on you tube tho. I should give them a try. Lisa, you have a long day tomorrow. Are you having a party for him? Hi Murphy! Ceremony for DS was so nice the other night. They had the orchestra playing and I pinned him without stabbing him! So all was a success! None of the pictures came out too well tho otherwise I would try to post them! Have to go and decide what work out to do today. Hope everyone has a good day, 80 here today, maybe will try to get a little sun? Mary

Hi all

Mary - glad everything went well. How funny about the cable guy! :D wow, sounds like nice weather, could you send some over here? Raining all day! Yes, I'm going to try some more of hers online. I like her personality.

Jody - have a good time.

Lisa -that sounds like plenty of exercise for one day!

Roxie - I wouldn't like to do anything after YBB!

Did Xtrain BS Bis & Tris.
Up to eyeballs in work again, really long and complicated job ...
Back on the gymnastics run tonight, taking a book and going to eat cake!

Feeling tired and lazy today. I did a slow 60 min reformer workout, I think I know why my right glute near sit bone is hurting. It's during a bridge and then you push out on the reformer while maintaining the bridge. instructor said if you were doing it right (connecting to all the muscles) you will feel it up to your sit bone, uh, YES! How to release it? I was rolling on a tennis ball last night! I'm already again seeing progress in my hamstrings! It's cool and raining here (off/on), I don't think my dog is going to let me get by without a walk. DS is heading over here with his dog to chill with GF (why my house, no idea). I asked if I can chill too, he said, well, I guess we could try to pencil you in! Silly dry humor!

Jody, He found the exam rather easy (so did my oldest son and he didn't get all the honors in college), he got done 2 hrs early...yea, right when I got the dogs all settled down for an afternoon nap! I lose track of days too. Heck I lose track of everything (mostly my phone), yesterday I was fixing me a quick almond butter on ezkiel bread with marshmallows to toast, and couldn't find the marshmallows anywhere, DIL was in the kitchen and i was like where did they go, uh, I had already put them out on the counter! How embarassing!

Ronne, I'd love a nap this afternoon (wonder if that's in the 'chill' plan), need some energy for tomorrow! So far, looks like rain should clear and then turn breezy, hope the wind stays away until the afternoon! You know how I love the wind.

Mary, at least the cable guy wasn't napping on the bed! That's what I thought you was going to say!

OH NO! All United flights out of Dallas to Denver were canceled, DH has status on American so trying to get out that way but everything delayed because of some weather. HE HAS TO GET HOME WE HAVE A BIG GRADUATION TOMORROW!!!!!! Poor guy is so worried and stressed, I feel awful for him!

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM TLC Boxing before I went to work and planks at work.

Lisa-he is going to be right in the middle of all the bad weather suppose to start here tonite.

Mary-the girls sometimes stick me in the middle of their fights and it is not a very pleasant place to be.

Ronne-I didn't find YBB all that tough.

Hi all

Lisa - so sorry about DH. Hope you all still enjoy your day.

Did KCM SS LB, very short! Think I'll have DOMS tomorrow. DH is a bit glum, he was going on a birding weekend but it's been called off due to bad weather. Not sure what we're doing this weekend. I need some new jeans so might do a bit of shopping.

Good morning! Did HR UB only. Lisa, hope the day goes well. Ronne, enjoy your weekend, you always find something fun to do! Jody, how did graduation go? Kiss Mickey for me! Or maybe goofy? Roxie, do you have to get up with the birds to work out before work? Hi Murphy! Yesterday did LBB and mowed the grass. Is that two workouts? Have to go shopping for the moms today. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.