40s Mayday!!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello

Thought I'd kick off the new month for us all.

Jody - woo and a massive hoo for you! (God, I'm a poet!) I really hope you're going to give yourself some time off and celebrate your fantastic achievements! Well done! :D

Lisa - No, I haven't seen that equipment before. You could pay for it out of your retirement fund!! :p I hadn't noticed, but you're right KCM does less ab work that involves your neck than Cathe. I've started incorporating a bit of clean max every day. Apart from when I do exercise, I spend most of the day on my bum, so when DD comes home I now try to do about an hour of housework just so I'm moving around a bit. Otherwise it's too easy to move from my office chair upstairs to the sofa downstairs! :confused:

Mary - busy as ever!

Roxie - well at least you didn't have to work yesterday.

Did Xtrain Legs, my own premix, just the barre and floor work, it was enough!
Lovely spring day has turned into heavy rain and grey skies, boo!
No gymnastics tonight, hooray. Going to DD's school for parent's evening instead.

I did CSS + step bonus (just started CSS when Jody called to coordinate our plans)....getting nervous about not doing too much Cathe yet going to a Cathe RT. As usual, couldn't get thru all the mtn climbers or burpees (skipped pushups too). The wind has finally stopped so will walk the dogs after I sign up :)

Ronne, that's one good thing about dogs, they love to walk, so they keep me going....because it's easier to do something for someone else than yourself :) Just tired of our windy winter/spring, we hardly had much snow, and gobs of wind.

Jody, I'm hoping me working out at altitude gives me an advantage at sea level :) But then I remember it's like trying to breathe thru water down there!

Jody and I are signed up for the RT! Now for more cute clothes, too bad getting in better shape isn't as easy!

Jody, I ended up only getting one confirmation email, but was charged twice. I waited forever at the screen that said only push button once, so I figured it didn't go thru, so I went to another screen and used a diff cc. That one is the one that went thru all the way. I'd be so nervous if I didn't get a confirm email. Maybe Mary or Roxie wants to come, I have more United miles :) Sorry Ronne, not enough miles to fly from London.

Good Evening,

I did KCM's Body Shop 1 before work then planks at work and a walk with DD and GS after work it was a little chilly the sun wouldn't stay out and it was windy.

Lisa-I would love to go but I don't have 8,000 dollars laying around. I don't remember the last time the wind wasn't blowing.

Ronne-I wish I didn't have to work today they were both in a mood again.

Hello

Roxie - sounds like we're all having a bit of a rubbish start to spring.

Lisa - how exciting!! Don't worry about the fitness, just go and enjoy yourself. I'm so jealous of you and Jody.

Parent's evening was a success, so we're going out tonight for a meal to celebrate. Very proud of DD.
Had haircut and colour this morning, really needed it.
Did some lovely yoga when I got back, just right.
Long weekend again, we've all got Monday off. DD's got a gym comp on Sunday, just her club. We'll probably try and get out for a walk on Monday.

OMG Roxie, this trip better not cost me 8K!! : O I'm comparing it to, say, cost of joining weight watchers or a gym or classes for the next 5 months.

Lisa, high fives on our sign up. I'll wander over to the DBRT thread and intro self soon.

Ronne, I like your house cleaning plan. My home should become more livable now that I am out of school.

Mary, I saw that indoor water park advertised or featured on a program the other day, the one you must have gone to a few months ago. Why did I just remember that?

Murphy, road trip advice? Would you go again?

I did Circuit Blast today. I put it in thinking it was something else (cardio and wts maybe?) but it was good.

Hi girls! I totally forgot it was May! Today did LLA, yesterday was Ilaria. Jody and Lisa, you two are going to have so much fun! I wish I was close enough to drive there! I look like the Grinch I'm so green with envy! You better be awesome with taking pictures! Ronne, enjoy your long weekend! We have a First Communion party tomorrow, dinner with friends and I have to get DS clothes for his National Honor Society service on Tuesday. Rented his tux for prom last weekend. This boy is expensive! Haha! Roxie, ugly weather here too, I think it's supposed to change next week, I hope! Hi Murphy! One of the kids just texted, gotta go start my running! Have a good night! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM's Body Training 1 Standing Legs and my planks. 70's here today and windy.

Mary-its suppose to be in the 80's and 90's next week.

Jody-I don't know if that is what it cost thought I read it somewhere in the forums at one of the other road trips.

Ronne-hopefully spring is here but I am hoping it doesn't jump to summer right away.

Hey everyone, never made it here yesterday. Had a headache, so did a easy pilates dvd, then walked the dogs 3.25 miles (it was hot, probably didn't help my headache), DS22 came over, took him out to late lunch, he had his laundry :), by the time he left to pick up his GF from CSU, my headache had turned hellacious even with RX meds, layed down in dark room with ice pack, slept 2 hrs, DS was back with his GF, (thank goodness my headache was gone), DH came home, busy house :) Today I did HS.

Jody, I bet Cathe does some KB, you better get into that :) I'm just hoping for no pushups or tricep dips, mtn climber, or burpees, hmmm, what else is there?

Roxie, heating up here this week.

Mary, haha so glad someone else loses track of the month :) I'm hoping my expenses for kids are almost behind me! DS22 graduates Friday, he has his summa cum lauda cords and a shawl to wear to distinguish him for some some tai beta phi (or something)---kinda like just a honors club.

Ronne, I'd never have gone to a RT unless I knew someone else that was going, so I'm glad Jody pushed me into this!

Lisa, congrats to ds on grad w/ honors! I didn't finish the hotel tasks today- prob Mon. I'm scheduled all night tonight and I can't tell how effective I will be tomorrow.

Ronne, good luck to DD tomorrow.

Roxie, I hope to keep the cost of the trip down, but between room sharing and paying for trip in separate payments, no plane tix, I'm hoping to not notice it as much.

Mary, one of my friends here just told me she is going on a month long back packing hostel trip w/ her BFF of 20 years in New Zealand. Talk about green w/ envy!

DD and I did some household shopping (Bed Bath and Beyond, I don't know why that store appeals to me so much, I'm so NOT domestic) and errands and I came home and napped and just now finished KCM BC. Shower--> work.

Good Evening,

I didn't get a chance to workout today went with DD to a wedding dress fitting then we went to the lake it was a perfect day. DD found a beautiful dress on the first try but she has another appointment in June at another bridal store.

Jody-I hope it doesn't cost you to much.

Lisa-it was a perfect day here 80 degrees and no wind.

Cardio and Wts done- great work out. I was out at 430 this morning and slept til 830. I just feel so much lighter with school behind me.

Aww, Roxie, you got to do wedding dress stuff w/ dd.

Happy Sunday! Today did YR, I did something yesterday, just can't recall! Roxie, how fun is it wedding dress shopping? Can't believe you are all ready boating! Jody, what a relief to be done with school! I have two more days, I'll be done on Wednesday! Lisa, amazing for DS! That's incredible! You must be so proud! Ronne, hope you are enjoying your long weekend. Hello Murphy! Have to get to the mall, have a good day! Mary

I did XT CBS (disc 1), haven't done this in over a year, I feel it (in a bad way) a little bit in my left levator scapular (neck to shoulder along top), going to lay down with heating pad and read. took dogs for about 1 mile walk (they did more of the running, we like to take them to the elementary school in their mostly fenced off grass area, they ran like crazy! Wish I had that energy!)

Jody, good for you! This RT will make us do a bit more Cathe maybe than we have been doing. I can understand the "lighter" feeling.

Mary, lol, that sounds like me, I can't recall the simplest things! What did you get at the mall, something for DS?

Roxie, yes, it's pretty nice here (almost downright warm), hoping it doesn't rain on Graduation day since it's outside (with a close up backdrop view of the mountains). so far it says 60's and afternoon rain (ceremony should be done by noon), fingers crossed!

Good Evening,

I did KCM's Body Training Hip Mix and Total Body Stretching before going to the lake today now I am tired and hungry and ready for bed.

Mary-it was a gorgeous weekend not one to be skipped and long awaited for. It was nice dress shopping just wish here sister would have shown up to help.

Lisa-it got up to 95 here today and the wind moved in this afternoon but not bad.

Good morning! Today did GG. Roxie, couldn't other DD get a babysitter? Our weather is finally sunny, I think you are sending your 80 degrees here by Thursday! Lisa, how are you feeling today after the weights? Do you have a massage scheduled soon? Yes, we had to get DS some dress clothes for tomorrow. Really hard when he is 5'11" and 108 lbs! Jody, do you feel weird now having more free time? You have been so busy juggling things, do you feel like you are missing something? Hi Ronne and Murphy! Just doing some cleaning today, have a good day! Mary

I did 60 min on the reformer which included a little jumping, then walked the dogs for 3.75 miles.

Mary, my neck hurt a bit this morning but worked it's way out. I do have a massage scheduled for tomorrow, and I have to get xrays and a neurosurgeon followup appt tomorrow as well. I'll be running all over the place, I'll feel like an old person with a day full of dr appts :) Wow, your DS is tall and thin! You pay a premium for those type of clothes sometimes.

Jody, I saw on the DBRT forum someone from Denver asking about flying to orlando or daytona. I won't reply unless you do, but you could make money transfering people to daytona :)

Roxie, Are you enjoying being MOB? I'm really not all that "girly", that must be why I had boys :)

Ronne, are you somewhere exotic or just MIA? I can't remember as well as Mary.

Good Evening,

I got a sunburn on my upper back yesterday so wearing a bra was miserable couldn't wait to get home undid it on the way home. I did planks at work then did KCM's MD2 when I got home. Almost hot here but refuse to turn the air on.

Lisa-this is my second go around as MOB so old hat.

Mary-DD's DH was home so he could have taken care of GS she is self centered which isn't a good thing to say about your child but if it isn't about her she doesn't care.

Lisa, I'll go look. There is probably room for one more in the corolla- one feature of the 2014 was the roomy back seat, they compared it to a camry which is also used as a taxi!

Mary, I am missing stuff- mostly mothering and household tasks. It will all work out though. Yesterday 13/15 took final exam (me and my old clinical buddy were exempt) but I worked a 12 day shift so I'm not feeling extra time yet!

Roxie, I imaging you planking where ever you go. Of my two kids, when I told them I was walking with class for grad, one immediately said, "Oh I'll go!" and the other immediately said, "I don't have to go, do I?" LOL. Different qualities, love them both.

Ronne, did you enjoy your weekend?

I intended to w/o yest but stayed at work longer than I thought. I'll get something in this morning and let ya know.
KCM NYC completed!
Ronne, no new frock for me, I'll prob even wear slacks. : ( I'm more interested in created a disney bound look for Fri.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dis...lou%2Fwinnie-the-pooh-disney-bound%2F;236;321

Last edited:
Hi all

Wow, busy here in just three days!

Jody - funny about your DDs's different reactions. Will you be buying a frock?! (thought you'd like the word). Thought of you yesterday when we went to a teashop and I had scones, cream, jam and tea. Very traditional British. I wasn't wearing a frock though!

Roxie - how lovely going dress shopping with your DD. I'd want to try some on myself though, just for the fun of it! Ouch to sunburn, always catches us unawares at the beginning.

Lisa - just a long weekend, no work or school for us yesterday, bank holiday Monday. When's the graduation ceremony?

Mary - so is this the end of your school year as well? Are you off for ages? Hope the ceremony goes well with DS. Are you going out to celebrate as well?

Not many workouts to report. Did KCM Shape Up 2 on Sat. Liked it. Thought it was slightly harder than 1. Day off on Sunday, and today I did Xtrain CBS which was OK. Dropped down weights a bit on some things but managed a few full push-ups.
Yesterday we went out to the Cotswolds (the sort of countryside you think of when you think of English countryside, all rolling hills, green, cute villages etc, crawling with tourists of course!). Did a lovely 4.5 mile walk, weather was perfect, then went for tea and cakes as a reward. This is where we went: Gift hampers, Award-winning jams, Renowned bakery and tea rooms

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.