40's and Over

Murphy

Cathlete
Hi All,

Well, my 5k is today, postponed from Friday because of bad weather. It is actually in about an hour and I am nervous. My little one was sick these past few days and now the other one is starting to cough and etc.I have not exercised since last Wednesday or Thursday and am wondering how today will go. Wish me luck! I hope my knees hold out!

Murph:confused:

Murphy, GOOD LUCK!! Let us know how it went! Sorry to hear about the sick ones. Maybe the rest days will help you out! I took off friday and sat., terrible head cold, just sort of easing back in. Today was KCM muscle def., said it was 30 min., but actually 40. Good way to start back. Lisa, how is Madison? Better eating? Ronne, you better tell us about your new dvd's! Hi to you Leisa, Well, am trying a new recipe for dinner, beef, cheddar and potato pie. It is cold here and it looks sinfully comforting! Have a good day. Mary

Okay, the 5k is over and I live to tell the tale. It went better than I expected, I had more energy and my knees held up. Of course, being me, I got the route wrong and ended up doing extra but that is okay. I felt good and burned extra calories - does that mean I can have some snacks now? I forgot my powerade drink at home but had water, fruit and yogurt waiting for me back in the office. Yahoo, it is over - of course I am now thinking I should add jogging to my lunchtime routine a few days a week - yeah, that will change by tomorrow! :)

Murph

YEA MURPHY!!!!!! ^^^^^5's The one thing I love about running is the endorphins afterwards, I always have to remember that feeling so that I PUSH myself the next time (and I do have to push!)

Let's see, Sat, rested, Sun, Chest/Back from Meso3, today, KPC. Maddy is doing much better and the best part is is that DH has taken over the feeding for her. Sometimes I think I project stress to her which didn't help! I can see how she has slowed down these last 6 months. Everyone is treating her special as she should be treated, sweet old girl!

Hi Mary, Ronne, Leisa, anyone else I missed?

Oh, and Mary, we had a FOOT of snow yesterday! The farmer's almanac says this will be a snowy winter, and so far that has held true. Gotta run and check on my BBQ beef --- not particularly a wintertime food :)

Hi everyone

I'm here and really busy so not much time for posting.

Just wanted to say congrats to Murph! You did it!:eek: I'm so impressed.

Got to go but will definitely be back later in the week to catch up.

Just a light abs and upper body day. I was thinking about doing Insanity but then I regained my sanity and decided to save it for another day.

Wow Murph, you are on a roll, glad you got sane and took it easy today!

I did the 2nd Plyo Legs, straight thru!

A quick post for me too!

Hi girls! today did another light w/o, I am still congested! Found a Chris Freytag at the library, got a good sweat tho! Murphy, good job on your run! Lisa, I do like the plyo's! Ronne, good to see you! i have to get to parent/teacher confrence. I spelled that all wrong! Have a good day. Mary

Okay, this morning was "insane". I don't know where those people come up w/ some of that stuff. I did and was spent afterwards. Next time, I think I will just pass on the twinkie and skip the insanity! :)

Hi all! this am was MM, hadn't done it in awhile, it did remind me how much I detest band work! Murphy, do you do Insanity before work? You are a machine! Hi Lisa, Ronne, a quick hello to all! Mary

Well, today was insane at work, I'm tired! I did get Meso 3 Bi/Tri/Should done before the madness began.

Good night all

Sorry gals, I've not been online for a few days. All is well. Congrats on completing the run Murphy. Just checking in like this has kept me accountable to myself. Doing legs today from Meso 1

Hey everyone....today I PUSHeD myself to run....40 min, 3.5 miles....I thought of you Murphy :)

Work is getting hectic.....ya, we knew that would happen....I miss my free time! Maddy is doing well, I've cut back her walks even more since she's tiring out more easy, poor baby! So, instead of walking 50 min(6months ago), we are down to 30 min.

I have a headache today now, on a plus, my neck is a bit better...I went out and bought me a chiropractic pillow (you know the kind that has the raised edge.....seems to help but will take some getting used to.

How's everyone else, sorry for the lack of personals, my headache just won't let me comprehend the written word, but it will let me ramble on :)

I woke-up with a headache. I took the morning off but hope to get something in this evening. I should just accept that it won't happen, but I remain hopeful. BTW, I am on day 2 of week 2 of the 6 week's to 100 push-ups. I should really be on day 2 or 3 of week 3 but, well...we won't go into that. :) It is going okay, I am able to do more so no complaints.

Did anyone read the description of the latest STS Cardio, the drills one? I am sweating just reading the description. That is what Insanity is like, 3 or 4 crazy drills repeated 3 or 4 times and then another set of 3 or 4 drills and so on.

Oh, I forgot to thank all of you for the well wishes and congrat's on my 5k. I appreicated on the good vibes! :)

Lisa - glad to hear Maddy is doing better. I think of you when I exercise, next to you I feel like a slacker!

Hi to everyone and sorry for the lack of personals.

Murph

Hi everyone! Today will be some sort of cardio, haven't decided. Still have this congestion, I need stock in kleenex! Lisa, good to hear about Maddy. Sorry to hear about your head and neck. Sometimes I get a tension headache and it takes forever to shake. Hopefully your pillow will help. Murphy, you should do great with all the circuits, you have gotten your body ready with Insanity! I am going to have to keep the remote close by so I can pause it! Leisa, good to see you! Hi to you Ronne! I need to get moving! have a good night. Mary

Hi All,

Today was HSC. I forgot how much I liked this one. I did the whole 68 min and was very proud of myself for doing it. I usually look for a shorter pre-mix. I was not going to do anything this morning b/c I feel a cold coming, but I did not do anything yesterday so I felt the need to get up and go.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Murphy

HI everyone....today I just didn't feel like doing anything at all, and piddled around long enough that I didn't have the time :) I did manage to do yoga abs from ab circuits.

Murphy, you've made me want to give HSC a try again....that one,IMAX3 and Hardcore Extreme never seem to make it into my dvd player :)

Mary, feeling better?

Leisa, this forum is good for being accountable....Ronne, did you hear that? LOL

My neck is soooooo much better.....my bed is becoming full of pillows! :) Seems I add another each decade or so.....I"m up to 5 1/2. 2 for at the headrest for my hands/arms to rest on when I sleep on my side....1 under my head (my new one---for neck issues), 1 body pillow to hug and wrap my legs around (got addicted to this one during pregnancy :) ).....another to hug so my arm on top is laying more parallel, and the 1/2 is that 1/2way through the night I"m tired of laying on my side but can't lie on my back so I put one behind my back and lay 1/2 on my side 1/2 on my back. So, did you all like that visual? Some nights I can't find DH! He's up to 3 :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Hi girls! Happy weekend! Today I did L&G, painful, but quick! Lisa, glad to hear that you are feeling better. I like pillows too, but not as much as you! I did use that body pillow when I was pregnant, it was a life saver! Murphy, good job on HSC, I don't have that one, just HST, is it worth getting? I hope that you avoid that cold! Hi to Ronne and Leisa. Have a good weekend! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.